1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/28/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 27, 2018.

1. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

My boiling blood aside for the refs, we had a great season. I hope these guys can regather and learn a few things, and that our front office can find a way to bring back core players (e.g., even though I like him, dump the sh*t out of Ryno).

We need to get rid of MDA. We, as a team, can drive relatively well, but MDA is here telling our players to chuck up threes even when we're obviously struggling. The risk/reward payoff of a drive was staggeringly huge given how we were shooting from three. Adaptive markets theory, in a way. It is so obnoxious when strategists cannot recognize moments to switch gears. We hit 15.9% from three land which means if those shots were instead drives to the cup, we would only have to convert them at 23.9% to overcome the obvious reward tilt of 3-pointers. But we didn't because MDA blindly bought into the high reward option.

2. what

what Member

Harden is a rhythm shooter. You can blame Harden I suppose, but when the refs keep breaking your rhythm you aren't going to get it back.
    NBA cheat code is real subtle on these things.

MyLateRegistration and Tfor3 like this.
  3. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I dunno mang, was it too much to say that he might not be able to elevate himself to that level? I'm not discrediting his efforts, I'm just saying he can still do more to polish his game and be consistent.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  4. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

Avg score for all 7 games was Warriors 106 Rockets 98

3 close games, 3 warriors routs, 1 rockets rout.

The warriors were just the better team, and there is nothing wrong with that. There's no reason to go all poor-sportsmanship and blame everything else.
    They are one of the greatest teams of all time. No shame in losing. 7 games! it was close.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Just want to say I love you guys and this team. It was a magical season.

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Another 2nd half collapse. Stopped taking good shots, started taking incredibly foolish ones. Lazy passes. Mental lapses. Hard to watch. Once the warriors cut it to 5 I knew it was over. By that point we had already devolved into a clown show. It was hard to watch the same thing happen 2 games in a row. D’Antoni is not much of a coach if you ask me. Yeah, he likes to shoot the 3, so what. Sloppy basketball, no adjustments. You can have him.

Still, we woulda won tonight with Chris Paul. The warriors can s.a.d.

7. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Still no excuse man missing 27 of them in a row in a game 7 at home. Rockets fell apart in 2nd half of games in 6 and 7.. Like dang cant be having Ariza going 0-10, Harden and Ego making 4 with 20 plus shot attempts. We can just blame the refs we lost this game. We could've still missed shots if the calls were fair in the 3rd.

8. JazzLakerHater

If I see Ryan Anderson's b**** ass again next year...I don't even know what I'm going to do.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not that they(Rockets) were the favorites but man...

Up 3-2
    Up 10 game six at half (didn't feel great about it)
    Up 11 game seven at half (said it was disappointing)
    Losing Chris Paul in the final minute/two in game five...so cruel.

That hurts, that sucks...
    Right there.

Probably still get ****ed by the refs but...

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It was a great season; harden will be the mvp, we went toe to toe with the greatest team of all time, and should have won the series. Remember how many people told us that Cp3 and harden would be a bad fit?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. TAB

TAB Member

I saw those things and I was unhappy about them. But its the nba dude, you have to overcome **** like that, we didn't, they closed. Game cupcakes.

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

14. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

To me, the Rockets were a sure thing with CP3 just like Texas was a sure thing against Alabama if Colt McCoy plays the whole game. That one stung for a long time, and this one will likely sting even longer.

OvenToasted likes this.
  15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I sure as hell couldnt possibly be more proud of this team. It was one hell of a season. One that if we could possibly take one play away, it might still be going. What an amazing group of guys. Definitely a team I could watch for a few more years.

MadMax and RocketWalta like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Again, we didn't miss 27 in a row.

Harden made one.

Two of those '27' shouldn't have been added to the list.

Have you played competitive basketball? Do you know how emotionally draining it is to be playing against a clearly better opposition plus also battling the whistle as well? That is why I said at half time it is a hugely different mindset being down only 11 instead of potentially 20. Also a hugely different mindset being up potentially 20 instead of 11.

It is no coincidence we were up by 15 with a fairly officiated first half (until those two calls mentioned above)

We weren't setting the world on fire with our shooting in that first half either.

We can absolutely blame the refs on this game.

It is again no coincidence you take all those points we potentially could've had on blatant missed calls, and the points they should have taken away on blatant missed calls, and it comes out to more than the margin of loss.

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

no way in hell am I going to congratulate that *team* over there - the only player on the Warriors who is somewhat classy is Klay Thompson and Steve Kerr is okay but they lose all credibility with the donkey on their team.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Man he's my favorite player and I love him but why do I feel like Harden never shows any emotion in the post game conferences.

BigShasta likes this.