1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/28/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 27, 2018.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

It’s a damn shame we are spending more time talking about the Refs than our actual players. We actually know who the refs are. What a shame.

I couldn’t name one ref or umpire in any other major league.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It was foolish to CP3 to fly out with the team. I wanted them to exhaust every opportunity to get him well. I guess it was a long shot anyway.

houston#1 likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Game 7 Clippers.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/story.cfm/story/1924028

The Warriors return to the Toyota Center dropping two consecutive visits after capturing the series opener, 119-106. Houston’s two home wins came off losses, which will be the case in Game 7 once again. The Rockets are riding an 11-game winning streak following a loss dating back to January 8, including a 4-0 record in the playoffs. In those four victories in the postseason, Houston has won by margins of 19, 21, 22, and 3, as the 22-point win in Game 2 against Golden State was the only one in this span that came at home.

Chris David of VegasInsider.com felt the opener for Game 7 was high but he believes that bettors shouldn’t overthink this matchup.

He explained, “Seeing Houston listed as this high of a ‘dog makes you believe that the books expect Paul to sit out or at the very least be limited on Monday. From a betting perspective, I wouldn’t be afraid to lay the healthy number with Golden State especially if you believe it will win the game. Since the Warriors started their championship run in the 2015 NBA Playoffs, they’ve been listed as road favorites 28 times. The club has gone 17-11 SU and 16-12 ATS which tells you that they’ve covered all but one of their victories. The bottom line is when Golden State wins, it covers.”

Since the 2014-15 regular season, Houston has only been listed as a home underdog 15 times and they’ve gone 8-7 in those games. In the seven losses, six of them came by double digits. Seven of the matchups came against Golden State.

The total for Game 7 opened at 210 and has moved to 209 as of Sunday evening.

Including this series, Houston and Golden State have seen the ‘under’ go 13-5 in their last 18 meetings and Monday’s total will be the lowest number posted since a 2015 regular season matchup when the total was 211. For what it’s worth, the Rockets are 12-3 to the ‘under’ in their last 15 games when listed as a home underdog.

The last home team to be listed as an underdog in a Game 7 is the Rockets, who knocked off the Clippers in the 2015 Western Conference semifinals, 113-100 as 2 ½-point ‘dogs. However, Houston was riding solid momentum heading into that decisive contest as the Rockets trailed, 3-1 before winning three consecutive games to advance to the conference finals (where they eventually lost to the Warriors).

Golden State has not been pushed to the limit in a Game 7 since the 2016 playoffs. Steve Kerr’s squad erased a 3-1 series deficit to shock the Thunder in the conference finals, but squandered a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals against the Cavaliers, as both Game 7’s were played at Oracle Arena. The last time the Warriors played a Game 7 away from the Bay Area came in the 2014 first round against the Clippers as Golden State lost, 126-121.

yixiixiy likes this.
  5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

My guess is the Warriors will try to come out hard to quiet the crowd and get them out of the game quick.

BigShasta likes this.
  6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I just want a western conference finals shirt and hat.

Whatever happens in the finals. I won’t beg for a victory or make excuses.

rocketman84, Smacktle and Stormy1234 like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Shannon: Had the Warriors all along, gonna stick with them. As long as the big four is there, they'll be fine. They have so much firepower. Houston had a 17 point lead. 2nd Q, they got loose with the ball & even looser in the 3rd. How do you get outscored 64-25? The MVP scored 0 points in the 4th quarter. Warriors have too much firepower. If they play like they did in game two,...I'm under the assumption Chris Paul will not play. Warriors lead can go from 4 to 18. Unless Houston has a trick up their sleeve...Harden can't have 25 in the first and 5 in the 2nd half. If he's the MVP, he has to show you why.

Skip: He has another opportunity to save his playoff rep. I believe Golden State will win tonight. I want to see Golden State win tonight. I don't want to see Rockets-Cavs. You should be rooting for the Rockets. LeBron would have a better chance. Everywhere I look, everyone is picking Golden State. ... I bet Chris tries to play.

Shannon: Rockets had 21 turnovers, 13 assists. Warriors had 26 assists to 12 turnovers. Never seen a team get so careless. Against the Warriors, you gotta be on your best behavior for 48 minutes. There's no lead they can't overcome.

Skip: Lower scoring game, nerves involved. Warriors pull it out 97-95.

Shannon: Can Harden cut down on the threes? Why does he love the step back dribble dribble dribble three?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the league office is allowed to get away with rigging games year in and year out because the viewing public is actually dumb enough to watch and follow invalids like these two. i mean we all probably know at least one person who parrots the "inside the nba" talking points the next morning after a HOU loss lol

BigMaloe and BigShasta like this.
  9. dannah

dannah Member

There's a lot more money to be made by betting against GSW...this may actually work out for us

10. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

CP3 apparently a game-time decision per D’Antoni. I wish we’d do something emotional with him. Like say he’s not playing and then with like 5 minutes left in 1st bring him in and let he crowd and players go wild.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Don’t think u can say he’s out and bring him in?

12. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

13. dannah

dannah Member

uh oh...

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We want the finals more than the Warriors do.

15. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Taking all the fun out of this. I had it all planned out in my head. Thanks Obama!

RasaqBoi and BigShasta like this.
  16. dannah

dannah Member

But you can say he's in, sit him when the game starts, and then bring him in the 2nd half...

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Go red nation China team go.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bullshitt they won game 1 @ HOU

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Who the fook is that

J.R. likes this.
  20. Dash