1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/25/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 24, 2015.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

next page. WTF man

2. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

The Warriors shot the same FG percentage in game 3 & 4, same number of steals, and same point totals. Almost literally the only difference was the Rockets were on fire and made shots.

It is really lack of effort or is it just shots not falling?

3. PJ86

PJ86 Member

We've been trying to beat teams with offense all post-season long, so while defense has been alright in some games, it has not produced most of our wins.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

So, the Rockets got the Warriors best, while the Warriors got the Rockets worst? Maybe the Rockets will get the Warriors worst next game. You never know.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

install Stylish for chrome and add this:

img { max-width: 900px;}

for clutchfans.net

6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Breen called Beard "Curry" about three times at the end of the game, like his mind couldn't process anyone but Curry dominating the game.

7. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Josh played horribly by the way, even though he made his shots, they were horrible, early in the shot clock and he thought after that he was a star.

8. grantwang

grantwang Member

james play the best game in play-off, i still stand by rocket side, we will be the champion, and james is Fmvp. i believe .

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I was at the game and I think I saw him do it on his first made shot.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jones has gotten criticism from me, even though I like him. He is an up and down player, but I am glad that he had a pretty good game. He is playing better than Brewer in this series.

Let's hope for a solid team effort in Game 5.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It was fun to watch this "historic" team squirm at the end and resort to the Hack A strategy.

We are in their heads. Need to keep being physical. No easy buckets.

Smash gas!

12. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

If brewer comes correct next game, we have a great chance. Just worried the NBA will screw us with a Howard suspension

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm not too worried about that. They would get a ridiculous amount of back lash for that. They would be gift wrapping a finals berth for GSW

14. Remix

Remix Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Western Conference Finals has been the James Harden &amp; Steph Curry show. <a href="http://t.co/GDpShQebs8">pic.twitter.com/GDpShQebs8</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/603233280654221312">May 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How convenient to leave off assist and rebound per game.

ESPN :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Mike and Mike just said harden had the most efficient postseason game ever. They substantiated this claim with two metrics:
    One, was the fact that only three players in post-season history have had 45+ points on 22 or fewer attempts. However, when Jordan (89) and Dirk (11) did it, they both had ~23 free throws, while Harden was 12/13.
    The next stat they had was their productivity rating. Harden had a 41 on their scale, the highest in the last three post-seasons, while the average is about a 10. Not really sure what they take into account here, but it was noteworthy for sure.
    I'm sure that their statement here is a little exaggerated, and may even be slightly for the viewers, but I didn't realize how good of a game Harden really had.

16. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Mike Breen's bias is starting to annoy me. I can live with biased colour commentators but NOT with a play-by-play guy.

17. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Let me guess without looking at the stats: Harden's assists and rebounds blow out Curry's.

18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Harden: 6.8 Assist / 8.3 Reb / 2.3 Stl
    Curry: 5.5 Assist / 3.8 Reb / 1.3 Stl

19. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Funny, I thought greatness spoke for itself..what are they afraid of? That people will think Harden has been outplaying Vurry?

20. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

One is being guarded by one of the better defenders in this league, and the other one is mostly being guarded by probably one of the worst at his late stage of his career. I really wish we had Beverley to see how well we could manage Curry.