1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/23/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 22, 2015.

1. TheresTheDagger

25 points down at home at the half in a MUST WIN GAME to extend the series?

Try again.

2. DynastySS

DynastySS Member

It was a joke. Blaming the refs is always a b**** move. Bad calls are made both ways. End of the day it is on the players.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

kinda what happens sometimes when your point guards are approaching the age of 40 in a series like this going against the MVP

4. Buck Turgidson

I've stayed away from the McHale talk all year, but it's obvious this series that Kerr is coaching circles around him. So many easy buckets on drawn plays, multiple adjustments on O and D, and the Rox have to scramble for good shots and seem lost trying to defend them.

They are a better team, better roster, but the coaching is definitely a factor.

5. thejav

thejav Member

Well atleast we made the WCF..

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

Harden is the real MVP. Curry just has the refs in his back pocket. If Harden was officiated like Curry..Rockets win first two games. That's just the truth.:rolleyes:

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Rockets 37 first-half points are their second-fewest in a half this season. Scored 35 in the first half against Sacramento.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/602300650211418112">May 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well that sucks

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't give a F about making it to WCF. Looking at getting swept is just an embarrassment. Would have been better to lose game 6 against the clippers. Why even advance to play like this? Just plain shameless.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

get over yourself... this is not the best night to blindly support one player.....

10. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Dammit guys, you got ****ed so hard I'm having an existential crisis. Now I'm gonna have to get a ****ing gym membership tomorrow, thanks.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But the Heat had won 2 titles already. So there was probably some complacency there that the Spurs didn't have given how the 2013 Finals played out for them. Also, the Heat had made 4 straight trips to the Finals, so to say they were likely fatigued and worn down would be an understatement.

It's not even that the Rockets are losing by 25. It's that they're simply not giving any effort out there. The Warriors are only shooting 45%. How the hell do you trail by 25 points at the half at home when you've only turned the ball over 5 times and the other team is shooting 45%? Only one answer. No effort.

1 person likes this.
  12. houseofglass21

Morey ****ed us

13. pocketrocket81

I think the game 2 loss is having more of an impact then we think. They win that game we come back with a split and feel pretty good considering we could have won both games in their home.

I am not going to say it's over until the final game is done. This team has shown great character and I am looking forward to the future with wherever it takes us.

14. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Some of you blaming the refs?? lol ....we are getting blwon out for 3 reasons:

1. No defense...terry has to be benched hes abysmal cant fight over any screen, switches r killing us ...and when no switch its a blow by in 2 seconds
    2. Bad shooting....ppl piling on james but in reality 3 ppl r guarding him and when he kicks out no1 can hit it
    3. no adjustments.....what got us back in game 2 was traping curry havent seen this once, they are doing anythign they want

This no hustle bull**** is because we are doing all these things horribly....if terry comes out in the secondhalf i might just turn the tv off

15. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

having to play these old ass pgs against Curry is just unfair. at least cp3 was a bit hobbled but this is disgusting to watch him get whatever he wants all series long.

16. Buck Turgidson

Apologies. I'm so salty my sarcasm detector shorted out.

17. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

[​IMG]

18. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Curry boxed out Howard?!?! That was crazy

19. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

This is kinda true

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You can't match up two almost 40 y/o against the MVP and expect to win a series let alone a game. It's a terrible matchup for us. CP0 was also a mismatch but he only had one hamstring.