1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/14/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2018.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

Yeah, no ****, the numbers dont lie but it worked against any defense to get a decent shot up Like I said, "when our iso isnt working." Tucker, Luc, Harden and CP are all good passers. Ego running up and down along with GG. I dont know why its so hard to see that iso will not work against this elite defensive team.

2. solid

solid Member

It is a best of seven series, so it is far from over. However, the talent gap is stunning. GS has much more talent. The Rocket's bench is awful. Durant and Harden can be other worldly. The bottomline, however, is team ball beats iso-ball all day long every day.

Tfor3, Patience and tinman like this.
  3. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

He cant **** shiit though. Also, he cant guard anyone.

4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

In a game of inches........when the refs gives them 2 inches.....it matters.

If the Rockets have to be perfect
    to win
    Why the ref help?

Rocket River

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

any other year besides this one and last year and this team would've rolled to the finals. Instead we get to face the most stacked NBA team in history. Smh.

7. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

How do we still not have a freaking offensive game plan? It's ridiculous. We need to run some sort of system to have any chance against teams that we can't beat with flat out talent. Did anybody else notice that Golden State seemed to actually have a plan of attack?

I really hope I am wrong but I don't think we can win it all unless we make some changes. Macro statistics don't apply at the micro level and the NBA playoffs are basically a series of micro statistics that don't accrue to anything much at the macro level. There is too much game planning and frequent adjustments in the playoffs ( by other teams not mike dantoni or rockets ) to be able to apply the macro strategy. Please I hope I am wrong.

bmelo likes this.
  8. shlhl

shlhl Member

Nobody believe the Rocket can beat Warriors even the Rocket team itself doesn't play like they will beat warriors. Too many 24 seconds violation and nobody want to shoot the ball. They are better well prepared for next game and otherwise it is over.

lw17 likes this.
  9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I thought this was a great game by us. We need either Gordon or Anderson to be a factor.

10. hongxingli

hongxingli Member

Hope our shots fall down in next game and Durant will cool down too, we played okay defense on him this game I think.

11. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

ryno and ariza can go this summer.

AuburnRocket, lw17 and Tfor3 like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You can double off of Green and Iguadola - maybe time to start mixing it up some.

DD

Rudyc281 and adw like this.
  13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Just need to tighten up the defense a little bit and get something out of the supporting cast. I think Rockets will win Game 2 after a few adjustments.

Landsdale likes this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

There is just to much talent in GSW. 2 MVPs, 2DPOY, 5 All stars lol it is to much. I'm not mad. We had a great season and if we end up losing it is what it is. Nothing will change until stars team up someplace else

ThatGuyJoe likes this.
  15. NickKent

NickKent Member

His confidence is completely shot.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Warriors and refs

Rocket River

Tfor3 likes this.
  17. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Well do you think we can win in Golden State? If no, then series is over.

18. BackdoorHarden

WE overcame cheating REF TONY BRUTHA AND SCOTT FOSTER CHILD, got contribution from EG.

Harden played MVP style. Harden can't play any better. CP3 was fine. Clint was fine.

We still lose big at home

NBA IS RIGGED. WE Can't overcome cheating WARRIORS where they have 2 Stars, KD and Klay , take less money to ride Curry's cottontails.

FU KD

FU KLAy

FU NBA for allowing Klay and KD to take less money

Rocket River, Tfor3 and BigShasta like this.
  19. JazzLakerHater

I'm not going to overrraxt and say this series is over, but I am extremely disappointed by how unprepared we looked on defense.

Also, if I see Green play against this series...

20. hongxingli

hongxingli Member

the problem is that both should not be hesitant, they need to shoot as it come and of course we need to trust them to give them few more touches.