1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 4/21/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2016.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

hooray we didn't get swept!!

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Wow I can't believe Frauen came through in the clutch, he needed that.

I now upgrade you to James Haren!!!

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Frauen = Women in German, dude.

4. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

Dwight can be a huge liability out there, him missing critical free throws almost cost us the game. It also doesn't help to have one of the dumbest coaches ever who just let's Howard get hacked in clutch time. What a loathsome duo.

5. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">should have been Golden State win - takedown is worth 2 points <a href="https://t.co/28TTy1pKCG">https://t.co/28TTy1pKCG</a> <a href="https://t.co/8wonKWgvFb">https://t.co/8wonKWgvFb</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/723400220717903873">April 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andrew Bogut with the olynyk? <a href="https://t.co/pvLLPUyB4m">https://t.co/pvLLPUyB4m</a></p>&mdash; John Ledesma (@JohnnyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnnyNBA/status/723353493084348416">April 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Barkley used to be like that, no PS job needed lmao

I guess he slimmed down a tad

7. for-three

for-three Member

8. for-three

for-three Member

Looks like Lawson is playing for the Pacers about the same as he did for us. This was his contribution in a 101-85 loss of an important game 3 at home.

7 minutes, 0-1 FG, 0 AST, 1 TO, -8 +/-

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

We sure are a dumb team with Dwight and Beverley playing great, yet get no shots for them in the second half. That's how you know we don't run plays 90% of the time. A good coach and unselfish team takes advantage of individuals who get it going. Bev is 40% and gets zero threes in the 2nd half!!!

10. AB423

AB423 Member

Warriors almost stole that last inbounds pass. Would've been hilarious if he would've got it for a walk in the park game winning layup.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is exactly the type of dirty play that can get a player's shoulder dislocated. Bogut should be fined and suspended for at least one game.

12. MD_in_Training

It's GSW, so they'll get a pass.

13. kevtse

kevtse Member

JBB almost cost us another game.

Right before half time he knew warriors were gonna hack and get an extra possession, so what he did was put in Smith there to shoot 0/2 and warriors scored a 3 right before the half ended.

With 3 minutes left in the game they hacked Howard before they reached the foul limit. JBB had the chance to take Howard out before the inbound pass, of course he didn't and left Howard there to shoot 0 for 2.

Down the stretch when we needed a defensive stop JBB left Howard in the bench....err....WTF?

JBB is a basketball genius!

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think he actually froze up the entire last 2min of regulation. this scrub simply choked and did nothing. we were just lucky harden was able to pull that rabbit out of the hat with 10sec left

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Do you believe in miracles? It seemingly took one to eek out this win. But, we will take it. At least for a few days, FU Golden State and up yours with a red hot poker! Suck it, Green, Bogut, Thompson, and company. You lost!

16. Mattician

Mattician Member

Aren't getting swept!

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol dude, you seem to be a tough man uh...

I'm not saying he should've punch him
    maybe :grin:
    , but just rise up and face him, one of the reason they're better than us is also cause they're dirty and act like they're tougher, but they aren't...it's sad watching our guys gettin bullied but those dudes...

I can understand Beas here, he's probably a grown person right now but damn...

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Saw that now :grin:

Lol at "more negativity"...and yeah, we need tough guys in fact, not p*****s like...you ? Smh...

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Can someone explain to me why Dwight wasn't in the game until the final possession? Taking him out with 3 minutes to go, I understand. JB had no confidence in Dwight's ability to make free throws on a night he was 1-6. But under 2 minutes, why not bring him back in? Aside from the Warriors intentionally fouling him when they're shooting free throws or when Dwight touches the ball on the offensive end, you no longer have to worry about the "Hack-a" strategy.

It really did nearly cost the Rockets the game. There was one possession late where they failed to come up with a defensive rebound and Klay Thompson got a wide open 3-pointer. Luckily he bricked it. About the only good thing that happened with Dwight out was when Beasley was going for the rebound instead and got fouled over the back by Green which led to 2 free throws(and retaking the lead) at the other end. But that was clearly not something planned by JB. Just a lucky break(and dumb foul by Green).

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Can I just say how incredibly stupid that inbounds pass was with one second left? Why would you throw it anywhere near our basket??