1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 4/21/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2016.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The bench guys had the same exact reaction I had:

"Holy crap we are lucky as hell."

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

T Jones bout to faint...:grin:

3. Codeskye

Codeskye Member

i wanna see you take an elbow and a foreram in the middle of the air, and injure your hips landing down, and still calls out people, and stayed in the rest of the game.

p***y

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know if this year's Dwight makes those Defensive plays DMO did at the end. My eyes were closed, but DMO blocked Klay and then got a defensive rebound to (almost) seal the game. HUGE!

I'm glad JBB left DMO in instead of Dwight.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

The good news is that the Rockets could still play betta. We could shoot less threes, get the ball to Dwight, and frankly just shoot better. We could also try to guard Livingston with a teller player. If Curry sits, we should blow them out in game 4.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

1. This crowd isn't even half as loud as Oracle (not that I blame them)

2. Ariza is biggest choking dip**** in the world trying to throw them the game over and over. This team is the absolute worst at coaching fundamentals like inbound passing ...or passing in general.

3. Our bench looked like they didn't give a **** Harden hit that shot besides D-Mo. Shows the chemistry.

4. Brewer played below 5 minutes and we won, nuff said.

5. JBB still ****ing sucks.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Are you fuking blind? Iggy was holding Beasley on that inbounds play, no foul:mad:
    That's why it was a turnover. Re fukn watch it.

8. HookemHorns1250

D-Mo and Capela both ran out there.

Not to mention earlier in the game during Hardens dunk the entire bench went crazy. The bench was probably just wondering how we managed to screw this up.

I thought Howard and Harden had more chemistry tonight than they had all season long. Howard helping Harden up after getting knocked down quite a few times. Harden and Howard slapping hands. Who knows, maybe Brewer was upset about his playing time, and Howard was wondering why he wasn't in the game, but to say they weren't happy are people looking for something.

As others have said, Howard fist pumped under his warm up, so that ends that. The fact is Harden took this team on his back and won this game, but we can't continue to live that way. We did an excellent job of getting both Harden and Howard involved in the first half, but a terrible job in the second.

If they go small, you have to feed Dwight and punish them for it. Push the ball, Dwight gets good position, and easy 2 foot toss up, or dunk.

Also, another play that has worked EXTREMELY well, is the pick and roll with Harden and D-Mo. Harden has the option to drive, or kick it to a wide open D-Mo if they trap at the free throw line, which leaves D-Mo the option to take one dribble and put up a small little floater which he can hit, or oop it to Dwight if they come up.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

What is Beas supposed to do in that instance? Get him next game.

10. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Rockets need to learn to slow the game down when they are leading in the 4th

You dont have to shoot every 3 you get

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Draymond = Ollie - the clutch underhanded FT.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I like how the announcers were saying "Rockets are going to win it" after greens screw up, but then Ariza proceeds to pass to the wrong basket. I don't know if I've ever seen that... Lol, I wonder if JBB drew that up prior to running out of timeouts. "Guys it's Soooo crazy, it might work!!"

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

do not overreact, brah. one close win

stay hungry

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Which is why Klay was lights out tonite from 3 and won them the game... Oh, wait:rolleyes:

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

JBB's dumb ass was telling them to continue the pace during that TNT coach speak segment.

16. HookemHorns1250

I would have rather Ariza take a 5 second violation than do what he did. You're taught that in middle school. He just panicked.

17. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

That's wassup!

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, guys I had a small piece of my steak with A1... It might have ruined my steak but... It was a sacrifice I was willing to make for the team. ROFL I still can't believe that thread on the steak :)

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah for real, man!! I couldn't believe I was seeing that!!

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

DG wants no part of artest even now. Have ΓΌ not seen the videos? Haha