1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 3/28/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Motiejunas was too sexy for us and our bodies were not ready so he is GONE baby GONE.

Tfor3 and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Not worried. One game

adw, MGC, Tha_Dude and 2 others like this.
  3. rocketsmetalspd

Dekker needs to sit. Bring on Troy Williams. Harrell needs some PT. Team will not win games hitting only 5 threes in a game. I am sure the team will play better on Friday.

Remlap likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh i agree, we had those 3/4 minutes in the third to catch them and even get a lead but we made some bad turnovers, took some bad shoots and lost the opportunity...there was a play (i think when we were down 80-75 or 82-75) when we inbounded the ball, Harden was looking to fix his shoes and Gordon lost the ball like an idiot trying to go after two Warriors without a reason, and obviously on the other end they scored a basket, that was so freaking bad since it was a very important moment of the game...smdh...maybe we should've call a timeout?

Overall it's true that we missed a lot of shots, but give them credit for this, their defense is great AND very consistent, they constantly make a lot of pressure on shooters, they don't miss rotations like we do and they play hard 90% of times on the defensive end, every game. Our defense it's just ok/average...sometimes good, sometimes bad (like in the first 15 minutes today), that's why i don't think we can win a series against them, and the Spurs, you know they're going to play great defense 48 minutes for 7 games, the Rockets cannot do that, hell, they cannot do that in a single game...

Tfor3 and arabrocket like this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Trez would have helped a lot this game when Capela is out.

He can switch when golden state goes small also.

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. goldoil

goldoil Member

I said exactly what you're saying and I got ferociously attacked in these forums by the same clutchfans wolfpack.

People are addicted to analytics on these forums but the truth of the matter is that the Rockets need an inside game and front court guys who can rebound and play physical defense as the Warriors and Spurs are tougher than we are up front.

Analytics might say that if we shoot enough three pointers we should win but against superior teams who play good perimeter defense, that won't work.

We should continue to shoot three pointers but we need something else in our arsenal.

PS. To the wolf pack on this forum who want to attack me non-stop whenever I provide constructive cricitism of the Rockets, you will be put on ignore immediately.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't think the Spurs play defense nearly as well as the Warriors do.

There sound in their principals but they don't have a draymond green down low playing free safety.

They only have KL.

Really the Spurs don't have any plus defensive players on there team besides KL.

8. Lightsnowaction

Very impressed with Clint for alot of games now, except the first half. Continuing to finish extremely well, changes some shots at the rim, and even getting on the glass. Looked unguardable for a stretch until Javale Mcgee came in, who didn't play himself on Shaqtin-A-Fool.

#1268 Lightsnowaction, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    bro2044 likes this.
  9. Lightsnowaction

I think Danny Green and maybe Johnathon Simmons has something to say about that.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Not really that worried about this game.

The Rockets shot 15% from 3 and still had a chance to win the game. A lot of the missed 3's were wide open.

Harden isn't close to 100% and Anderson is out. The Warriors are always going to be tough but the Rockets are closer to being able to beat them than ever before.

11. BackdoorHarden

Motiejunas is too sexy, that's why we lose

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't think we needed to hit threes to beat golden state tonight.

Now moving foward yes we prob do have to hit 12+.

We just didn't focus and treat every possession preciously during the moment when the game was close.

We played great when they would get the lead back to 9-11 points bring it back to 5 and then play stupid home run ball. When we got it to 3 in the third I thought we would take the lead and actually build a lead. We were playing great and making the smart easy play.

Than Harden passes up a lay up
    Trying to hit a guy for a three and it results in a TO next play Gordon tries to go at 2 ppl instead of giving the ball to harden and he turns it over leading to a three and the Ariza took a bad shot I believe also.

That was three possessions in a row that we had down 3.

That was the game.

Gotta give curry props
    In the 4th we got it to 4 I believe and then he hr some tough contested shots.

Rockets could have won this game forsure.

It's a toss up series imo if they "don't have KD" with KD that's a different story. We have to hit 12+ threes too even have a chance when KD is healthy.

But the crazy thing is that's doable for this team.

DudeWah likes this.
  13. BackdoorHarden

Fatty pic!!! You don't have a nice body

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Give this man his dues. He called this before the game.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's true (even though Green is a very good defender too), but they still play team defense as better as anyone else so...

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Our coaching needs to match up better... I dont like Clint starting against Zaza...Nene should be starting against him...and Clint needs to be on McGee/McAdoo in the future.

Secondly, I really think the Rockets need to use James Harden off the ball in this series and have him set screens to get action off a 2-3 screen and roll...

Finally, turnovers are seriously a huge issue for this team. Carelessness against a team with real length is just unacceptable. Get used to it...Teams are gonna run the Rockets off the line.

PS. our home crowd really stinks... and the Rockets mgmt really needs to address this BS...way too many empty seats in the lower levels.

goldoil likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's nights like tonight where Morey has to be cursing himself for trading away Ennis. Winning teams don't just give up players of his caliber.

HM

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I agree with your thoughts about this particular game but the Warriors with a healthy Durant really seem on a different level from maybe the rest of the league. Probably closer than ever but a little short. If Harden goes playoff Dream on them we have a chance but otherwise I suspect a 6 game series is in order. Would love to see it happen differently.

19. Nook

Nook Member

I will take the Spurs defense every day of the week over the Warriors. The Warriors can really be punished inside and in transition. G

goldoil likes this.
  20. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Harden goes 5 for 20 from the field and the Rockets shoot 13% from three plus no Anderson and we only lose by 7?

Good god, it always sucks to lose and especially to the Warriors but if not for that horrible first quarter we likely pull this game out and while having easily our worst shooting performance of the year.

Warriors better hope they can get Durant back or else they're in trouble.

ramotadab, alethios, Patience and 5 others like this.