1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 2/5/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2013.

1. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

2. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lol people still believe the myth that Lin is a poor defender. Every metric shows that Lin is a much much better defender than Toney Douglas and I have watched Toney Douglas enough to know that he is not a good defender. He is pretty much only good at spot up 3 point shooting.

Overall, Lin is an above average defender. He needs to improve his offense not defense. His defense is more than sufficient not to mention PG defense is the least impactful to begin with.

3. hltiki

hltiki Member

In before Allen Iverson reference.

4. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Anyone noticed how much improved Harden's defense was last night? No one blew by him and he contested every shot. Granted both the Warriors backcourt players are shooters, but still, you have to be pleased.

5. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Man to man D is average-above average. Help D is good. He has a hard time dealing with screens and he has a hard time containing explosive PGs. His man to man D against explosive PGs is more to the average side.

Overall, an above average defender that can improve to a good defender.

6. youngduck

youngduck Member

why u guys keep talking about jeremy lin's defense? james harden isn't even close to above average. people keep sayin' jeremy lin needs to be shutdown/lockdown type defender? u gotta be kidding me. there only like 7+ players in the nba who can slow down/lock down other players.

goran dragic isn't close or better than jeremy lin defensively. if goran dragic was still with the rockets he wouldn't get the same amount of heat for his "defense"

goran dragic's defensive numbers are horrible, beyond awful.

can dragic shutdown russell westbrook? can james harden shutdown d-wade?

No.

d wade is gonna score for 18+. i'm sure jeremy lin will get the blame.

7. Fighton

Fighton Member

well i don't think it's fair to say people keep talking about jeremy's defense. it usually starts with one poster mentioning it, and 10 posters disagreeing with him and twenty pages later it looks like everyone is talking it but not really.

8. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You know what's impressive, D-Mo showed more post moves in 5 mins than Asik in half a season.

D-Mo deserves more minutes if anything.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He also racked up more fouls in 5 minutes ...

I love Dmo and am convinced he's our future at the 4. And i agree that he should probably get some of Morris' minutes. That said, he's got a ways to go before i trust him with significant minutes. More and more i am realizing that our top priority this year, even above developing our youth, must be to make the playoffs, and less mistake-prone players than Dmo give us a better chance to do that.

10. Caris

Caris Member

2 people like this.
  11. roxxy

roxxy Member

12. BeardlyBeardman

Here's kinda my thoughts on this:

A) Make a boring trade at the deadline to unload PPat or Morris for a pick. Pro's
    >D-mo gets the playing time he needs at NBA level instead of D-league.
    >You can see what he's got and have a much better idea about how to attack the offseason.
    >He'll be better prepared to start next season as regular or major contributor.
    Con's
    >Probably not helping your playoff hopes this year.
    >Losing one of your few remaining assets to package for something shiny.
    >If you make the playoffs you may not get as far as you would without the trade and that might hurt your exposure with potential FAs. (nitpicking and speculatory, I know)

B)Continue to yoyo him from RGV to Houston and save all assets for offseason.
    I'm tired of writing but yeah you see where I'm going ...

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

can we make this it's own thread? right now we are losing to Portland v Miami

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I've watched the D-League games D-Mo has played in, and his defense and rebounding is inferior compared to Asik. We don't have a problem scoring with Asik in the game, but our defense and rebounding suffers when Asik goes out of the game. Right now I want the defense and rebounding that Asik provides more than the offense that D-Mo might provide.

You could make the argument that D-Mo should get some of the minutes that Smith is getting. But, I think Smith has done a pretty good job and has paid his dues last year in the D-League, so I don't have a problem with Smith getting minutes over D-Mo at this point.

D-Mo is 22 years old and we have him locked up for a long time, so I don't see any reason to rush him into the lineup.

15. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

:grin::grin:

16. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

When Lin and the rockets are on their game, they can blow out good teams too. Just look at the carnage they have done to the Knicks, Bulls, Jazz, and now the Warriors. Better don't be too pessimistic about our pre-game analysis, lol, except perhaps OKC and Spurs.

17. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From coffeetime.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0FoM9V_quiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. mothman

mothman Member

I offered you details which you have conveniently left out. Instead of countering with facts or some well thought response, you made accusations w/o any basis. Now you give this type of response? Man you're so vain!

19. mothman

mothman Member

* well thought out response, ...

Fixed.

20. Caris

Caris Member

I don't have the means to create a new thread. :(