1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 2/5/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Fighton

Fighton Member

To SAS, nothing in the NBA is worth mentioning (who's chandler parsons?) except the Knicks and LE-BWHON JAMES!

2. Arthurprescott2

Noticed that too. One of the times, Asik made his 2nd FT and the camera caught Parsons speeding to the rim; he stopped on a dime though. I have to say - I've been impressed with his athleticism. He's got great speed for his size.

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Lin thinks Rockets should apologize for taunt by Beverley:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/02/lin-beverlys-taunting-after-dunk-wasnt-classy/#more-13857

Sorry but that's just not going to happen and no reason for Lin to even talk about it, we need to stay a team even if you do not like certain behaviour. In the past when Maxwell had one of his moments, people would say he wasn't smart or he should know better but not that he should apologize. Come on Lin, you did the same thing when you were with the Knicks.

4. Arthurprescott2

I think he was referring to reaction from the bench as a whole, not Bev's stare down after the dunk.

5. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Dang, Mothman, you jumped in in the middle of a conversation... I'll save you the Carly Simon-like response.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

So isn't it a little bit odd to be making declarations on any player of this team (not just Lin) if you haven't watched a lot of the games?

Small sample size & all that.

7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I. Ain't. Scurred... Bring it~~

8. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Don't give him the ****ing ball

LoL!!!!!

9. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

How many games does it take to notice how well someone slide their feet defensively and stay in front of their man. I'm sorry you take longer?

10. raskol

Those games are definitely not a good sample of what Lin brings defensively, btw. If you had seen some of his good games, you would've been shocked how good Lin's been in some of these games. Shut down defense. You may even give him a compliment..

11. raskol

lol! I literally burst out loud reading that!

12. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Uh...

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Well i don't think you can come to a definitive conclusion about anything based on just a handful of games though particularly when the player is young & inconsistent. I am not saying Lin is a great defender at all. I think he is solid & I think if he learns how to better use his length on close outs (he tends to foul) he could be slightly better.

To be frank defense is more so a team thing than a individual thing. But at the same time I think there are some things players can do on the individual level.

Lin definitely has his games where individually he is poor defensively. But there are games where his defense is really on point. Like I said he is inconsistent. That is why i just find it odd when people come to definitive conclusions on anything based on a handful of games.

14. raskol

Canadiandude, I'm telling you straight up. You seem like a level headed guy. Lin is a good-great defender. I can see what you're pointing out, but you haven't seen enough of the things he does on offense, the absolutely brilliant games he has on defense to win us games, and how fast he recovers even when beat, and how quickly he's getting better. I'm not saying this because I like Lin, I do. I'm saying this as a basketball fan. I see just as many if not much more weaknesses in Lin's game and have never shied away from them. Trust me, or better yet, take the time to watch some more games and keep an open mind for our players. Thanks.

Btw, it just occurred to me. Those games, if I recall correctly, did not showcase any steals by Lin either, right? What do you think of Lin's ability to steal? Do you think he's good at it, above average, below average, elite, poor? I mean, steals don't mean everything sometimes it means jack, but.. How about his rebounding? Blocked shots? Free-throw shooting? I'm really curious, can you give me your opinions on the above points. I appreciate it, thanks. (and not from searching the internet, I mean a snapshot judgment based on the games you've seen and gut feeling. I'm not trying to trap you or diss you or anything. Really. Thanks in advance.)

15. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

In my opinion, it was stupid to act as if he won the game with the freebie dunk and then staring down the opposing team's bench. If he did that on a close game, I would have no problem with that. Beverley definitely got carried away.

16. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I can definitely say Lin tries very hard at defending, which I cannot say for some Rockets. Lin's D definitely has been improving.

17. raskol

roxxy, can I get you on record for a couple of things. Just curious. You say Lin is solid on defense. Would you say he's closer to an average defender or a good defender? Also, if team defense is what defense truly comes down to, how would you rate Lin's team/help d so far, poor, average, good, excellent.

No doubt he's inconsistent but he'll get better. And I've not noticed that he tends to foul on close outs that much. I mean, I actually expected him to get much more fouls than he has this year, I don't recall more than a game or two where he actually had foul trouble serious enough to sit him for a few. I remember maybe 1 or 2 games, tops.. just curious where you got that. I know you listen to a lot of bball talk shows. Thanks in advance.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yao looking to be in really good shape! Great win for Yao last night. He will always be one of my favorite all time players in any sport.

19. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

hey gang,

it's neither here nor there. next game, please.

thanks.