1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/8/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Settle down everyone......

[​IMG]

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Warriors are what we thought they were, and that's a really good team, but not great. We were hurt, undersized, and shot poorly, and we were still in this game.

Full strength we beat them.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

To be down 3 starters and lose to an undefeated team, isn't that what San Antonio did? Is anyone gonna call their season a bust?

4. RV6

RV6 Member

Why do I get a Pop feeling about this game? Any quotes on the flu Like symptoms Dwight had? Like, he could have played I'd this was a play off game..

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And you are the winner. Good job naming them all. Bwhahaha

6. FTW Rockets FTW

Rockets did not miss Bev this game. He may have prevented Curry from putting up say 7-8 less points but no way he can score the ball like Canaan. Our D was solid. It was the offense struggling with turnovers and Harden going on chuck mode with the 3's.

Oh and Harden is not better than Curry. I love me some Harden but they are equals at best with a slight edge to Curry

7. Classic

Classic Member

Defense was fine tonight. Too many turnovers and too many missed shots. Obviously Dwight makes this team a top tier team. Otherwise we're a fringe playoff team or worse. Likely worse.

Dwight has the flu, that's it. Just knock on wood about Bev & T-Jones.

I'll take 6-1.

8. downbytheriver

Absolutely don't care about stats. I care about context, it's how scouts look at players. CURry will put up numbers regardless, that's what gs spacing does. He can shoot. He can pass. But let me know when he can carry a team deep into the playoffs. It's all fluff after a certain point when you're not physical enough to stay in front of your man and can't drive when your shots not falling. Curry doesn't have the x factor. Harden does.
    We'll just have to wait and see, Plz do not post stats and try to make an argument - I will skip it.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Too short handed tonight

10. RedNation

RedNation Member

Check out curry's. Not that much better. Check out lebron's while you're at it.

Curry>Lebron clearly

11. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Why risk other getting sick, but yeah I doubt Howard would miss a playoff game

12. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

For real though, I don't get anyone angry about this game. We shot for **** but our team showed a lot of heart with a bunch of people stepping up and playing hard. Makes me feel better about our bench than I had. Especially Canaan.

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

What's promising is Cannan looking like he could be a 6th man. He definitely can create is own shot and make plays. Ignore the national media who is going to crown the warriors and say rockets are pretenders. We were down 3 starters and still held in there. What happened was the team just got wreckless down the stretch and when the warriors went on a run we panicked and starting jacking up 3s and missing. Those hurt, should have play more composed to close it out.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Garcia could have at least made a couple hard fouls....

15. BonziWellsGOAT

16. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I agree, I'm impressed that they held the warriors to 98 points quite honestly with how they were scoring so easily inside.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

no **** but Asik didn't want to be a backup.

18. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

I doubt the national media even gives the Rockets crap for this lost at all.

It's mostly just trolls like Los Pollos Hermanos and his ilk on this website alone.

Even on the NBA subreddit Rockets getting lots of love

19. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

These fools are reading into the media too much. Calm down 4 days off with time to get dwight back and wreck the rest of the league

20. TheresTheDagger

All things considered, this loss wasn't that bad. A couple of guys (Canaan and D-Mo) should really get a shot of confidence from their play against an elite team. Hopefully, they can go from there.

Speaking of confidence, Kostas REALLY needs a boost in his when he is shooting. You can see he really gets the game, but is reluctant to shoot even when he is driving the lane and can get a shot up.

Black looked horrible. MUCH concern about the health of Tjones and Dwight. If we have this much trouble vs. GSW, imagine when we play teams like New Orleans and Memphis who are huge up front. Hope he steps his game up.