1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/8/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Progs

Progs Member

Dang!!! Wish we would've won but that 3rd Quarter did us in. Team shot way too many 3s towards the end when they should've slowed the game down and feed it to Dmo in the post. Canaan came through big time tonight.

2. HTM

HTM Member

the dude showed up on the boards... that's it... 1 assist and 1 -9 & 0 -5 from three.. they were leaving him wide open at the end.... its not just the shot needs to come around... it needs to exist.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha im just joking shev. We will be ok.

4. JazzLakerHater

This is one of the few times where I feel positive after a loss. When I heard Howard was out, I thought we were going to get rolled over. If GSW is as good as everybody thinks they are, they would have won a lot easier.

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

Without dwight howard i was honestly expecting to get destroyed. Moral Victory i guess.

6. Obito

Obito Member

Why would anyone post a picture of Quitten on this board. Stupid.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

Fire McHale!

Trade Harden!

Dwight is soft!

We have no bench!

Canaan is being held back because McHale is racist!

D-Mo can't play!

First 6 games were fools gold.

Harden's defence is horrible!

Dorsey should start!

Jason Terry is too old!

We won't win another game this season with this squad!

Might as well tank the rest of the way!

We are wasting Ariza's prime!

2 people like this.
  8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Reverse cowgirl dildo riding indeed......

9. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

I hope you are right cause Harden has looked like crap in playoffs since he's been the Main Guy

10. BonziWellsGOAT

I've seen some knee-jerks in my day but this is nuts......down 3 starters to a hot GSW team and we put up a good fight even though we played sloppy at times and some of you are making wild declarations. STAHP!

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden's game drop's off bigtime in the playoffs. He's heavily reliant on drawing fouls, and when the game gets more physical and he doesn't get the whistles...we've seen what happens.

12. RedNation

RedNation Member

Held them to below 100 without two of our best defenders and our only center.

13. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Uhh....what are they going to say, "Warriors defeat Rockets, but Rockets would have steamrolled the Warriors if they had Dwight Howard!" ???

14. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

An asterisk * definitely needs to be put next to this L
    w/no Howard (and Bev & Jones)

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Yeah it's very hard to get plays going when you don't have an inside threat, and 3 of your starting lineup was 1-22 from 3 against the top defensive team.

Actually learn how basketball works instead of making bad posts after another

16. downbytheriver

Do not expect espn to mention Howard did not play.

Funny, when i caught the highlights 2 days ago, all they cld talk about was the spurs wi th out stars.

Face it, we don't have depth and are a top heavy team. Need time to gel without the big 2 dominating.

17. AFS

AFS Member

Doesn't matter what the media says. Rockets should be able to take 4 of the next 5 games. I'll take a 10-2 start to the season.

18. Classic

Classic Member

The minute Howard was announced as a scratch this was a loss. Already were missing 40% of our starting lineup. That's just too little firepower to overcome. It starts forcing guys to do things they aren't most capable of doing: Ariza handling the ball, heavy minutes with Black, asking James to play 40 min of O & D, Papanick to overshoot.

This team healthy and jelled come March will beat the **** out of the Warriors. I'm glad Dmo, Canaan, and even Terry had the opportunity to see more time. There's a flip side to the negatives of tonight.

It was a good night.

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Bogur just owned us, next game. Dwight MVP

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good job, good effort ;)

Up 8 at the half
    Kept it close until about the final 2 minutes (86-82 and then they ran away)
    Golden State had a red carpet to the basket.
    42 three pointers taken. (Only made 10--23.8%)
    Pap still struggling with his shot but did have 10 rebounds and a few steals
    Ariza in a mini-slump/back to earth (3-16 yikes!--5 for his last 26 last two games--SA & tonight)