1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/8/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2014.

1. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

¿... from the bench...?

2. matty101

matty101 Member

Dwight's biggest test of the season with Bogut who's always a tough and scrappy matchup. I also worry about containing Curry but that guy is pretty much unguardable anyway. He's handle and shot making ability is freakish.

I think Ariza can stifle Klay Thompson though and I think this gives us the edge as well as our overall team defence which has been a pleasure to watch so far (man it feels good to say that!). Plus we are at home.

Rockets - 103
    Warriors - 96

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I have been wishin & hopin & prayin for D-Mo to turn it on. I've been one of the biggest fans in his corner since he's been here.

But with TJ out the last two games, here's how D-Mo has responded:
    19 mpg, 1-6 fgm-fga, .167% fg%, 0-2 3pm-3pa 0%3p%, 2 reb/g, 1 ppg

At the beginning of the season, McHale said "The starting PF position is wide open."
    The guy has had the fairest of fair shakes. Not just for the starting role, but for NBA playing time in a Rockets jersey. We even released Adrien to give D-Mo one more shot. I'm pretty much close to done with this guy. Is he not aware how horrible he has played 2 games in a row in place of TJ? Does he not care? Does he not have the skills to play? Were it Adrien these last 2 games, you know he would've pulled down a good amount of boards, and found ways to make buckets within the freelance style. How more confident would you be feeling if it was Adrien starting against the Warriors instead of D-Mo? Dude is skating on thin ice. I hope he has a huge game tonight so we can at least say he is wildly inconsistent instead of the only slightly worse conclusion that the guy has given up.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Would love to win this game. Since Lee is out we really just need to worry about stopping Thompson and Curry. I would love to see DMO outplay Green.

Personally I really am enjoying watching Canaan. I just feel like he has a big game coming (20 points or so)

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah I'm down for my team H Town reppin! We bringing it to these so called warriors!

7. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This should be the best test of the season. Both teams playing good Offense and even better Defense.

Can't wait for it to happen!

Good guys Win :cool:

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What the hell is the SEC? Never heard of it before. Please take to the appropriate forum.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I agree that Dmo hasn't made the most out of his opportunity and has been borderline unwatchable, but he does do things that don't show up on the stat sheet.

When he is on the floor, he's played good rotational defense and he moves the ball around very well. A line up of Terry, Harden, Ariza/Pap, Dmo and Howard have been very good this season because of the ball movement.

He definitely needs to stay away from three point shooting, right now and try to do things off the post or drive.

10. gameme

gameme Member

7-0 after this game

11. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

we never had trouble playing with them as of late....i would be surprised if we dont blow them out of the building....
    i was more concerned how we will fare against clippers and thunder cause for those 2 we had no answers in Harden era...

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

True during some games and against the Spurs, but not the case when he got 5 fouls in 13 minutes against Miami.

Dear D-Mo, YOU ARE SEVEN FEET TALL! Use your height a little more to compensate your lateral quickness.

I wish he wouldn't do his cheap foul hip shove cause he tries to stay glued laterally too close to a driver. If he would just give more space, even let the guy get by him a bit, and use/trust his height to affect the shot.

That's just my opinion. But I'm a couch coach.

Agree he needs to give up the 3pt shot. Just give it up entirely. He needs to move around, cut, and crash the offensive boards for buckets. He's not going to get low post plays ran for him enough for him to get enough scoring that way exclusively. Majority of his points needs to be from guards rewarding his getting open on the move and crashing the boards for put backs like TJ.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

I think Harden is they key to this games..... Both teams on fire and both teams playing great offense and defense..... Only difference is we have the better player, a superstar...... If Harden plays like an MVP tonight Rockets win......

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Your spot on

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Tough one to win...

we are gonna lose, and I think it'll be good to get the first one out of the way

16. #1ROXFAN

#1ROXFAN Member

Rockets 106
    Warriors 93

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

This will be interesting. The Rockets have two starters out, so if they win or even play a close game, it will bode well for the future. This is a team they have to push out of the way to get to the playoffs. Fully loaded, I think we are the better team, but not sure about tonight.

18. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Harden will play like a star no problem. I think the key lies more with Ariza and Howard. Howard will need to shut down the inside game and Ariza chasing Thompson off the 3 point line. If we do that Harden will direct the offense to score easily against their defense. I have watched 3 GS games this year and they are weaker defensively than the Rockets.

19. solodolo

solodolo Member

106-101

We win .
    X factor player - kostas

20. Progs

Progs Member

This will be dmo's breakout game. He should score easily on little Draymond Green.