1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 10/30/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2015.

1. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Like someone said. I have no idea why they didn't play Thornton for the Denver game. He was solid during the preseason and brings some much needed veteran scoring to the table. I'd trust him more than I trust Brewer to start gunning shots with the Bench squad.

He needs to play. I'm certain that both Beverley and Lawson will bring there A game against the MVP and play with fire. As will Harden and the rest of the team. It's crazy how early this shot at revenge is. Make a statement.

Rockets win.

2. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

its gonna come down to coaching

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Curry will show Harden how to make 50/40/90.

Hopefully Beverly can prove why he deserves 600 million per season.

4. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

600 million per season:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

So Curry shows up in a giant condom costume and Harden with his big butt cheek spread costume. Got it.

1 person likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden got shut down by some random Harris dude

How will he do against the best defensive team?

He will drop 40 on them.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Fixed.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, I agree that Thornton should have played over Terry, but the dude shot a whopping 32% in the preseason and 30% from deep, I definitely wouldn't call that "solid" by any stretch.

9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

For what it's worth Gary Harris was one of the best perimeter defenders in college basketball at Michigan St. I'm sure he did his homework too. But honestly, I feel like Harden was just missing shots.

10. dream2franchise

Can't help myself...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KyoElzBhbXg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fk it. I think we can do it!

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Warriors spread is only -1.5 ?

Vegas believes more than this forum lol

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

oh man I should jump on this

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Vegas can't afford to be knee jerking whiners.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When we are down by 20 on Friday, I will look at your post and wonder if you were correct in a parallel universe.

15. ibm

ibm Member

vegas had a 10pt spread on us last night.

yeah, like they know everything. lol.

16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

In all seriousness we are playing a very tough team tomorrow night. Other than the obvious outcome of winning what would you consider an acceptable outcome tomorrow night? If we get our butts smoked again by 20 that is not acceptable. But if we lose by a couple would you be satisfied that the Denver game was our egg laying and an anomaly? Or is anything other than a win a cause for concern?

Maybe pushing the panic button after one game is silly. But, there was not one single redeeming thing about the Denver game except maybe Harrell. If we come out against Golden State and look outclassed again even with D12 I am going to be concerned. To me that speaks of fundamental problems that just do not solve themselves overnight.

I remember in 93/94 the guys went to Galveston and in that training camp the Rockets matured and grew in to the driven champs they would become. it takes that kind of epiphany to change and grow and I am not sure this group even got close in this years camp.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm ready for the bloodshed.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If we play a competitive game where we lose in the final minute or two then I certainly wouldn't be as mad as after the Nuggets game.

But I'd be pretty discouraged that we still aren't as good as the Warriors. If this team is as good as we think it is we should split the season series with GSW at least.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If we are running neck and neck and Golden State gets hot burries us by 10 then I'm fine with that. We get blown out, which after last night looks likely I'll be upset. We are gonna have a good season, we have the talent, but what people fail to understand is that if you get off to a bad start in the West you are not likely to have a stellar post season. It's not knee jerk, not many championship teams get blown out on their home opener by a low level team. Maybe we will change that I don't know.

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I have a bad feeling about it. If we lose then we will be the same old Rockets to the world but if we get blown out and lose then it will make the Rockets a early season laughing stock.