1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 10/29/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2023.

1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I appreciate Curry’s skill and shooting, it’s a thing of beauty but when you react like that it just makes him ugly. Yeah I still hate him. Have some respect for your opponents.

2. maypk

maypk Member

Having to watch the guy you hate the most as the best youngster on the team must be killing you. ;););)

HardenReturns likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Watching this team play just like last year and listening to the excuse machine fire up is what is killing me. Ive been rooting for this team longer than Erdogans dictatorship so linking my fandom happiness level to one player is silly. Hopefully your boy can get in shape, knock down free throws and start winning some games with his generational talent package. Im starting to think that "Best player on the Houston Rockets" is a really low bar to clear.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Such a JK Rowling.

5. maypk

maypk Member

Apparently, having to watch the dude you hate the most as the best player of your team caused some severe mental damage. There's no other explanation to bringing up Erodgan in a game thread. ;););)

HardenReturns likes this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Discounting the wins John Lucas achieved, Draymond, you can do better.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

He's an absolute d******d. I hope at some point we get to do him like we did Atlanta last season when they tried to patronise and got smacked in the mouth for it.

Tfor3 and dmenacela like this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

You couldnt be more wrong brother

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Imagine if Harden did that type of ****, he would be blasted for his arrogance. With Curry, nobody ever talks about how cocky he is.

fckbandwagons and rockets1995 like this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Never gets called for Technical Foul for Taunting. You know Draymond Green will start Yapping along with Steve Kerr, and later talk to media

fckbandwagons and Pistol Pete like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For the Sac games.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So far we've gone from utter trash in the first game to decent against a good team. From listening to Ime's post-game, he said for the most part the defense did what it was supposed to do with Curry, then fell apart. I loved the fact that we didn't give up when we got behind, too. Draymond even had good things to say about the team and their effort after the ga. I can't complain too much when these guys are in there battling for a win right to the end. Hopefully it carries through to the next game.

I don't know if it's been posted already, but from Kelly Iko's Athletic article after the game :

“A ton of potential,” Draymond Green said of the Rockets. “This team, we would have won this game before by 20 or 30 points because that team would have quit. But they’re under Ime (Udoka) now, that’s a different thing. You see how they battled. We pulled away down the stretch because a young team still has to learn how to win. But you see the growth already and under a coach like Ime, I expect nothing less.”

Added Paul: “When you bring Ime in here, they’re going to be better. I’m sure now they got Fred leading them, a proven vet who knows how to play, it can only help.”

15. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

35 and still doing kid ****.

16. Landry's Tooth

I noticed you didn't mention another skill he's elite at...

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That dude wants Sengun to be the best player on the team more than he wants the team to win. Just can't figure out why people aren't hyped about losses.

fchowd0311 and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Last week was a crappy one for Houston sports. Yuck!!

Tfor3 likes this.
  19. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Wow. After the Stephie bobbleheads, now they're making Stephie party dolls!

20. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

FVV being critical of his game and saying his offensive game was sh** shows his self awareness of not having a good game. The real reason FVV was brought in was to bring that veteran presence to a very young group of players...leadership and stability by example. It's hard to not respect a guy who holds himself to the same standard he is asking of others. I like the guy. He's made of the right stuff IMO and definitely what we need.

rockets1995 and Easy like this.