1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 10/29/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

not looking at box score just memory, my player evals for tonight:

Green had some nice plays but he gets really selfish sometimes.

Alp had a solid game but kind of disappeared for a bit in the offense and defensively didn’t have much of an impact though wasn’t the worst in this regard.

Brooks had some nice, eye brow raising offensive moves but got absolutely cooked by Curry and others — and committed some V stupid fouls.

FVV played pretty poorly overall…

amen, definitely his best game but that’s not saying much. Looked like belonged out there at least and made some surprising jump shots.

Tate. My man. Where’s the jae’sean tate is our franchise player thread.

Jabari. You suck. I am up and down on him.

bullock, you tried?

Jeff green. Solid game. Some plays he looks old af, mostly on rebounds. Like he’s thinking to himself, ain’t worth the sore hips tmr.

didn’t understand the alp substitution early in the game. When we took him out the first time the offense stagnated again. But then later we took him out and the offense took off, he came in and often wasn’t very involved and offense was still going.

Sucks to start 0-3 but at least the last two games were competitive. Need to break this streak though and get some confidence during this home stand.

ramotadab and Arnel like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

can confirm. patrick is the future and he will be youthful innovation to the rockets. we're just waiting for his dad to pepsi

Nook and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Jabari played like absolute garbage outside of a handful of plays. But yes others played just as bad, including FVV. I don’t blame him for the loss any more than most everyone else tonight.

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

I don’t know who is blaming Jabari for the loss tonight, certainly not me, we lost to a better team. I was just responding to the guy saying the biggest problem with our team is center when the center has been far and away the best player in every game so far. And coming from the fan of a player who has overall been our worst player. It’s laughable.

HardenReturns and maypk like this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Not making a statement on him as a player but TONIGHT, defensively (and offensively) he looked out of his element and slow.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It would actually be hiliarious and almost deserved at this point if Bari got traded to another team and exploded and became everything people hoped for him to be here. Maybe it would teach these fans something.

The kid is 20. He's going to be up and down. I don't mind pointing out his bad performances but this one wasn't it.

FVV was our worst starter tonight if someone MUST blame a starter. I don't think the game was lost there, I think that bench unit in the 2nd quarter didn't help and honestly Curry got hot. What can you do?

#1167 JayGoogle, Oct 29, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    ramotadab likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's funny after every loss, people come out to blame their most hated player no matter how that player actually played.

ramotadab, Deckard, 34to11 and 4 others like this.
  9. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Is 2 for 7 on 3 pt. shots good ? 2 for 13 overall good ? Zero rebounds, 4 assists ? These are the stats for our 40 million dollar guard FVV. Is 2 for 5 from 3 and 4-10 really good with 12 pts. good ? That's Brooks with 12. I think you are being very selective with your opinion of Jabari's contribution tonight. No, not stellar but certainly not the worst on the starting team. Just a myth ...pure and simple.

10. AuburnRocket

Is 2 for 7 on 3 pt. shots good ? 2 for 13 overall good ? Zero rebounds, 4 assists ? These are the stats for our 40 million dollar guard FVV. Is 2 for 5 from 3 and 4-10 really good with 12 pts. good ? That's Brooks with 12. I think you are being very selective with your opinion of Jabari's contribution tonight. No, not stellar but certainly not the worst on the starting team. Just a myth ...pure and simple.

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, with all due respect, Jabari was the best defender we had tonight. The numbers say so too.

He also shot 50%, the highest Orating, 2nd highest rebound rate, a few steals, like I don't know if tonight is the night we want to point out Jabari being bad.

Nook, Arnel and AuburnRocket like this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Improvement. I saw improvement tonight.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Box scores can lie.
    Getting several easy rebounds doest’t negate the other easy and crucial ones you miss because of poor positioning and weak boxing out.
    Offensively he made his shots within the offense but his misses were when he went outside the offense. Maybe one of his misses was a shot within the offense, the others I recall were bad post up plays. Again — that shot on Curry was just a wtf moment.

I will give him credit for the 5 assists. And also, Sengun with 5 rebounds is unacceptable.

I don’t think Jabari is bad. I do think he’s not as good (yet) as I thought. Particularly off the dribble guys get by him pretty easily and he takes terrible angles trying to catch up to guys causing fouls. Probably mostly youth. But also concerned about his lateral quickness.

All that to say, green played just as stupid for much of the game but had more “highlights.” We didn’t really have a single “highlight” worthy play tonight. I think Jeff’s block and then bucket might have been the best play of the night. So I’m not blaming Jabari for the loss or painting a picture of him as a player. But he hasn’t looked good to start the season for the most part.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  14. AuburnRocket

We see the same thing. Honestly, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he did get traded. I can pull for my #1 team the Rockets and follow other Auburn players as I do now. I still maintain that we have a big problem...Alpy could slide over and play forward or even at center. I really like him but the bigger more physical centers will be a problem for him...just my opinion. I have seen it all...FVV grossly overpaid, could have had Harden. Thompson can't make it...3 games. Green is in 3rd year and not going to make it (who knows). Brooks was a Memphis punk who was overpaid and didn't want. Even was question of Alpy being a bust last year.I pull for the Rockets as a team...all parts.A house divided against itself, can not stand.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well this is a fair post.

Honestly this is all I ask.

People will immediately jump on Bari when Sengun has 5 rebounds. Again, I'm really not trying to point out Sengun or pick on him, I give him a lot of love, but tonight was not one of his strongest nights.

The Warriors were explicitly picking on him defensively (Not Jabari) and targeting him and Ime was actually trying to get Sengun away from being targeted so much at points that he was taking him out of the game to avoid it but had to play him down the stretch.

This IS a problem but its not a problem that can be overcome as Jokic also had this problem where he was picked on. Hopefully the team and Sengun can minimize this kind of targeting so Sengun can focus more on defending the paint which he's pretty good at and cooking on offense.

34to11, AuburnRocket and Kevooooo like this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Call me old fashioned but I still prefer the classic rim running, rim protecting, rebounding monster at Center.

I think you slot that in with the starters, and they are better for it....and then that little lull when the bench couldn't do ****.... that is a perfect opportunity for Sengun to be spamming post ups.

ramotadab and 34to11 like this.
  17. Arnel

Arnel Member

I have to agree with this part. His lateral quickness is definitely lacking. He does seem to be someone that an opposing player out on the 3 point line facing up can consistently blow by. Unfortunately…. I hope this improves.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I didn’t remember them picking on Sengun in the second half. It was the guards getting cooked losing Curry. Couple of times we doubled him, he passed, double separates and the curry man (often FVV and Brooks) totally lose him again.

this really doesn’t make sense to me. Like there is this older man who has played at UT Gregory gym for years and all he can do at his age is shoot and he’s a really really good shooter. So when guys EVER help off him I get infuriated because you KNOW he’s their best shooter and you know he just needs an inch. WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT ANNNNYYYONE ELSE? /rant

HardenReturns and AlperenSengun like this.
  19. 34to11

34to11 Member

It's the CF way.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yep. The effort was light years better than game one. They're improving. It's going to be a BAD next couple of weeks record wise though. Hopefully they continue to develop despite the losses that are almost certainly going to pile up.