1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/31/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did we win?

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

What was the score and who had momentum before Silas subbed out Mathews and Jaygup for Green and who the hell cares.

Green immediately got a turnover, team defense went to shyte and wasted a ton of clock not being able to finish anything.

Just say you didnt watch the game.

Unless you really are that stupid?

NewAge and bj3175 like this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

As much as i support Silas some moves are questionable. Sengun and Green haven’t played well but they keep getting minutes. I like Nwaba’s energy and he could be used to lock down other teams’ stars or give a burst in a few of the games but he hasn’t played since KPJ and Green came back. Why not keep JC and matthews late in this game? I can only believe that it’s possible a combination of the front office and coaching staff are seeking chemistry and development of this young core while constantly evaluating. KPJ is eligible for an extension and Wood has one more year left. And Green needs more NBA experience.

Landsdale and hakeem94 like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cavs do have better players and coaching, true.

But replace just Green with Mobley and this game is an absolute WIN.

That's also true.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not according to Stone's radio interview right before tonight's game.

Stone very forcefully said that the court is Silas' domain and Silas was fully in control of the players INCLUDING punishment and accountability.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOVE KPJ TALKING SMACK AT CURRY.

KEEP THAT SHYTE UP YOUNG MAN.

NEED MORE DOGS ON THIS TEAM, NOT LESS.

DeBeards, NewAge, Squirtle and 4 others like this.
  7. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Tillman's only 64, the nightmare has only begun.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not a nightmare but a guidance.... he needs a better hobby

DeBeards likes this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I didn’t think Jalen deserved so much hate for this game. Yes he made that dumb TO late in the 4th. His perimeter shooting was bad. But he was aggressive and got to the line. He also didn’t get a couple of calls when he drove in the paint. I will exercise patience till the end of the season to see where he goes.

I just don’t like the makeup of this team and to me it’s clear who the winners and losers are on this team at this point in time. On one hand you have warriors that go to war every game like Tate, KMJ, Matthews, Nwaba, JC. And the other you have 2 reclamation projects with character issues who are veterans and supposed to lead this team but don’t know how to win and very erratic. And couple soft players in Brooks and Augustin. And then a rookie in Green who is highly inconsistent teetering between aggression while looking lost and hesitant at times. I don’t know what kind of player Green will be and he hasn’t played as well as we all would like but I’m not sure the two main guys are helping his development. This team and Green is in a very interesting position.

10. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

At least we're in winnable games against the Warriors, frustrated by the little things that didn't go our way, or that our guys could have done better.

That's like step 3 on the young team development curve. I think this team is in an interesting position like you said. I also don't think it's necessarily a bad position, there's a lot to like about the rebuild so far.

D-rock and Stephen_A like this.
  11. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Dogs back it up dawg

#891 Landsdale, Jan 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You know what’s funny? We get upset about this team but think about who we have? Who do we have? We acquired 2 talented but troubled players no one wanted and tried to turn them into something. That’s not conventional! Then we have 3 rookies. Couple of decent second year guys who can’t shoot and some journeyman vets mixed in. It has been one big experiment or test run. Why are our expectations so high? Has Silas and his staff really done that bad of a job with this crop? Think about it. Who the heck do we have?

#892 Stephen_A, Jan 31, 2022
    jelanit and Zen Tabak like this.
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think it is pretty weak if you can't back it up. Quick look at social media and Rockets are trending because Curry dropped 21 points in the 4th after that stare down, KPJ just embarrassed us and currently the highlights are being used to ridicule us. If you want be a real dog, then he should have been studying film on him non stop since last game and lived in the gym, Steph hitting that step back game winner should have made him work harder instead of barking like a little Chihuahua, that is not what gains anyone's respect. Steph ignored him like you would a tiny dog that likes to bark, and then he showed him who is boss by dropping a 40 piece on his head.

Landsdale and Stephen_A like this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good lord, lighten up.

I came here to take a crap on Scott Foster and you're in full hair standing on end angry b**** pose. Relax - it's just another useless game.

Obviously you didn't watch the game at all if you didn't see Steph Curry lighting up the Rockets on switches and all night prior to that.

You said, after that sub

Did you watch the game?

The possessions prior to the sub when team defense, according to you, was not shyte.

Curry on Sengun - yeah you knew what was going to happen here

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameEventID=531&GameID=0022100764&Season=2021-22&flag=1&title=Curry 27' 3PT Step Back Jump Shot (22 PTS)&sct=plot

Garbage foul call on Tate (won't dignify by posting the link)

Curry stepback over Tate

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameEventID=557&GameID=0022100764&Season=2021-22&flag=1&title=Curry 14' Step Back Jump Shot (25 PTS)&sct=plot

All Star Wiggins easily drives around Garry Bird like he's in the G league

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameEventID=575&GameID=0022100764&Season=2021-22&flag=1&title=Wiggins 2' Driving Layup (21 PTS)&sct=plot

Curry stepback 3 over Christopher
    https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameEventID=559&GameID=0022100764&Season=2021-22&flag=1&title=Curry 28' 3PT Step Back Jump Shot (28 PTS)&sct=plot

Curry over Tate again - nothing you can do here

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameEventID=578&GameID=0022100764&Season=2021-22&flag=1&title=Curry 18' Fadeaway Jumper (30 PTS)&sct=plot

Curry puts Garry Bird on the ground, drains a 3
    https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameEventID=581&GameID=0022100764&Season=2021-22&flag=1&title=Curry 28' 3PT Step Back Jump Shot (33 PTS)&sct=plot

And then a missed 3.

The timeout -> sub​

Basically they scored 16 points on 6 out of 7 possessions prior to that sub, 14 by Curry. I don't know who needs to hear this, but 2.3 PPP is pretty shyte

but according to you, the defense was great, up until the sub (for probably the only defender who they'd bother to switch Curry off of) and then it "went to shyte"

And you're the idiot out here telling people they didn't watch the game. **** off man. I watched the second half cause, I'm a Rockets fan, though i don't really expect much from these guys.

Did you watch the game? Because based on your recollection, and the reality, it doesn't look like it.

Anyway i assume it's just emotion on your part; it's kind of your own fault for being gullible enough to think the Rockets are in any way remotely competitive with the Warriors to the point where they should expect to win games where they were down double digits and with Curry going off - Have you watched game of either team this season or seen the standings this year?

The Rockets aren't very good this year at basketball so living your life as if they are will lead you to sadness and embarrassment and replies that bring the god-damned receipts, friend.

Good night! ;)

#894 SamFisher, Jan 31, 2022
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets were winning the 4th before Green subbed in, Rockets had cut lead from as much as 12 points to FOUR points.

Nice novella but it's all crap.

Re-watch the game.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

You guys are missing the point.

I thought you all loved Green's Mamba mentality remember????

Wish washy Only Fans talk out of both sides of their ass.

Steph said after game that he respects KPJ and his game.

But you tuck tail all you want.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You are right. That would be the mindset of a champion and someone who is working towards that goal, which KPJ is not at this point in his career. His laughter and taking the situation lightly after turning the ball over in that critical 4th with 4 min left shows us what kind of a player he is.

19. TimDuncanDonaut

Looks like KPJ chirping at Steph is a NBA trending topic. I don't read lips though, what do you think he said? Is he asking Stephanie about her CarMax commercial?

[​IMG]

DeBeards, Tfor3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  20. lionaire

lionaire Member

"Yeaaaah. f*ck is you talkin bout boy"

DreamR and TimDuncanDonaut like this.