1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/29/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ibm

ibm Member

he missed his first shot. then he had a big layup. and then assisted rafer for a 3 to end the quarter. all in short minutes. that's why i said he played well. well as a relative term since he'd not played for some time.

and pls cut this "didn't watch the game" crap. i've prolly watched more rockets games than you've seen sunset. :)

2. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

Well said, Rocketsdream.

The Yao Ming who gets to work immediately after he gets the ball = A bone fide superstar player. A difference maker who can carry us to the promise land.

The Yao Ming who holds the ball and thinks = A borderline all star who puts up nice stats only. One who can't carry a team all by himself.

We want the first Yao to show up in the playoff, not the second.

3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I haven't posted in the GARM for a long time now but I am beginning to see that this game could change our entire season. Yao was a dominant beast late in the game in clutch situations. This is the guy we have waited 6 years for to come out and take over the league. At this point I still believe T-Mac is very important to this team cause if you put him in that game with the way Yao played then the Rockets would be unbeatable. Every game I hope and pray that Yao and T-Mac develop a consistent 1-2 punch and both play well in the same game. For about 3-4 years, I have been observing that both are superstars rarely play well together. If T-Mac has a huge night then Yao is most likely on the bench with foul trouble and when the big fella plays great then McGrady is shooting poorly and just having a bad night. I think if both guys can play consistent together than the Rockets are an elite team in the West. Look back at the Shaq and Kobe tandem, they rarely had games were one of them played very bad while the other had a huge game. Shaq had his 30-10 night and Kobe added his 20-5-5.

4. YugoRocketsFan

Anyone here think that if we had Yao in this game, we would have won with no problem.

5. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

I was really impressed on how much more physical Yao was down low. He was boxing out great and pushing guys around. That is exactly what he needs to do.

6. YugoRocketsFan

JAZZ GAME. thats what I meant.

7. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

8. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

I actually agree with some of the things that you have said. But the tactic to accuse anyone who doesn't agrees with you not being a real fan of the team is weak and getting old. I hope you can be better than that.

9. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

10. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

i'd like to see that! Importantly, I'd like to see their consistent play in the closing 2 minutes!

11. truthisonly

truthisonly New Member

If Yao would keep making performance in clutch time of the games .He could be callded "elite player " and Houston Rocket could go farther. A healthy T-mac off course is an elite player .but he need more nerve and hard working to defeat his fate of losing in first round of playoff