1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/29/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2008.

1. jondoe

jondoe Member

Cause he has a hard time putting the orange ball in the metal hoop

2. mag

mag Contributing Member

Because when he is on the floor we have to play 4 against 5. All teams double Yao when Hayes is on the field.
    I am so glad he is on the bench. I just hope RA realizes Hayes should just play 8-10 min a game at most.

3. caneks

caneks Rookie

This win is the most I wanted among the past three.

4. BarkleyHater84

Yao Ming=PURE DOMANINCE :mad: Best Center in NBA, and top 5 player.

5. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

why do posters in here continue to compare our two star players? Theyre BOTH Rocket players. This stuff is just stupid.

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Missed the game unfortunately, but Yao's tag line is S.I.C.K.

Great job, guys, big win...

7. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

well...thats interesting. one might assume that he's in the doghouse now. A better explanation would be that we played an offensive uptempo team, so Chuck would be a liability tonight. The Warriors also have no post threat, which is where Chuck is most effective in defending.

8. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

To defend who??????

There is no PF playing for the Warriors, they got no Duncan, Bosh, Boozer, etc.

Good move by the coach he got enough personal to match up to any team in the NBA.

Chuck will keep playing vs teams with great PF (and the west got a lot of those teams)

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

...and 36.8% shooting on 7/19 FG/FGA.

10. rocketsmetalspd

That is true. I just wished T-Mac could not be hurt as often and risks of him being hurt seem great. I hope I am wrong and he does great in the second half of the season. I will also keep my fingers crossed.

11. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Thank god for yao down the stretch, but you really have to give credit to rick adelman for letting us run tonight. It's really odd, because usually, when you play teams like GS, you don't try to run with them, you try to slow it down, but we played their pace for most of the game. Talk about making the rockets way more exciting to watch. I mean, let's be real, here. There isn't much exciting about watching someone throw the ball into the post (SA spurs know this, lol). that is to no discount of yao. I love watching yao swish the ball through, whether it be down in the post or hek, on the elbow, or even further out. running the ball is so much easier and pleasant on the eyes, though. good game.

12. BrooksBall

On that note, how about giving Coach A some credit for his rotation decisions, both before and during the game.

13. BarkleyHater84

THIS GAME just proves how much T-Mac has to go....he must go, we are actually better without him, Yao playing sick and having Hakeem type numbers.

14. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I just saw the replay of the mascot incident and that frog just ran away after he hit the cow (?) >_>

15. noize

noize Contributing Member

i'm happy for the team and yao...i wish more would. check my sig...

16. MorningDew

MorningDew Member

I am a big Romo fan, but I wish Yao and Tracy will go further this year than Cowboy...

These two year is not fair for Romo though... :(

17. rocketsmetalspd

Now it is off to the road. The Rockets must not play down to the competition and they should have a great road trip if they just take care of their business. Feb. 21st will be fast upon us, question is will the Rockets make a minor move or a major move. I am thinking more of a minor move.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

So, this month we are 10:4, not bad!

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Probably the most impressive win of the season. Unfortunately, I missed most of it. I'll be looking forward to the watching the replay.

20. BrooksBall

More like we need to keep T-Mac and figure out how to have the rest of the team play like they did tonight (and during that 7-4 stretch) while he is in the game.