1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/29/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Aaron, Tmac, Shane, Luis, and the tall dude ...

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oh man, the suspense is killing me?

Could Brooks be starting over Rafer?

or Scola over Hayes?

Scola started last game, right?

Or are you just screwing with us cause Tmac is out and that means Luther is back in the lineup?

GRRRRRRRRRRR....

DD

3. ibm

ibm Member

my guess, too.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That would be better than watching pron.

5. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

I've Been sick for four days !

6. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

I hope if they win they do it because they shot well and played RA style, not because of lucky jumpshots and please not because Yao carried them. Yao has carried them for enough games now, it's time to blow some teams out of the ****ing Toyota Center. Drop a 120+ one of these ****ty ass teams. Everybody in double figures in this b****.

I must be dreaming.... :( Damn i miss the 94 Rockets who could easily drop a 100 on even good teams. The defence is there with this team but there is the offence ? Where did one of the best in the NBA of last season go, the shooting percentages, the FTs, the points etc ?? Come some1 please tell me where did it go ?? How can they drop from 3rd to 22nd etc. ?? Please tell me how can that be ??

At least Battier is getting his touch back, that's a + !!

7. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

This is the game that could decide if we have what it takes to make it to the playoffs. We need everyone to win this game...so hopefully t-mac and bonzi play. Rockets win 112-95, they show why we are championship contender! or at least good for the playoffs.

8. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

TMac and Wells may be out ... Yao recovering. Rockets lose. Down to 13 more games that we can afford to lose this year.

9. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

The preview of the game from NBA.com. They don't say anything about T-Mac and Bonzi not playing, but for Yao, they said that he may miss it. I hope that Weber dont play tonight.

The Golden State Warriors' thin frontcourt could get some help if coach Don Nelson gets his wish and the team signs free-agent forward Chris Webber.

If that doesn't happen, relying on Andris Biedrins might not be a bad backup plan.

Biedrins and the Warriors go for their eighth win in 10 games Tuesday when they visit the Houston Rockets, who could be looking for their own help in the paint if Yao Ming is sidelined for a second consecutive game.

Webber hasn't played since finishing last season with Detroit, but Nelson would welcome him back to Golden State, where Webber started his career in 1993 before a clash with Nelson resulted in Webber's trade to Washington after just one season.

"I hope that it happens to be quite honest with you," said Nelson, whose frontcourt rotation depends heavily on Biedrins and Al Harrington. "I think our team needs it."

Nelson's comment came before Biedrins grabbed a career- and NBA season-high 26 rebounds in Golden State's 106-104 win over New York on Sunday night. The 6-foot-11 center from Latvia is averaging 10.5 points and 14.5 rebounds while shooting 69.6 percent from the field in his last four games. He's second in the league in field-goal percentage at 62.5.

"Dre was a monster," forward Stephen Jackson said after the Warriors (27-18) won for the seventh time in nine games. "It was hard for anybody else to get rebounds because he was getting them all. That's what he does. He's our best rebounder on the team. If he hadn't had those 26 rebounds I think they would have killed us inside and won that game."

Nelson said he thinks adding Webber will give Golden State the depth it needs to secure a playoff spot in the competitive Western Conference, but Biedrins doesn't think he needs much help in the middle.

"Of course I take it a little bit personally because that's my job," Biedrins said. "My job is at the defensive end, rebound and block shots. I try to do my job as good as I can."

Biedrins' job could be a lot easier Tuesday if Yao hasn't recovered from an upper respiratory infection that sidelined him for the Rockets' 97-89 loss to Utah on Sunday. The Rockets (24-20) gave up 36 points in the paint in their first game without Yao this season, losing for just the third time in 12 games.

"It gave us some lanes for us to drive to the hoop and make some free throws," Jazz forward Carlos Boozer said. "(Without Yao) they really don't have any shot blockers, so we could attack a little bit."

Houston also missed Yao at the free-throw line, where the All-Star center shoots 85.3 percent. The Rockets missed 10 of their 19 free-throw attempts Sunday and are shooting just 65.6 percent from the line over their last five games.

Tracy McGrady, shooting a career-worst 67.9 percent from the line, was 0-for-3 on Sunday in his first start since returning from a knee injury Jan. 19.

"That's been our Achilles' heel all year," McGrady told the Rockets' official Web site. "Go up there and shoot with confidence. That's all I can give you. And I am one of them. This is the worst I've ever shot."

The Rockets have been outscored by an average of 12.2 points in losing their last four games against the Warriors, including both meetings this season.

Warriors point guard Baron Davis is averaging 27.3 points, 8.3 assists and 2.5 steals during Golden State's win streak over Houston.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

As long as this new starting lineup doesn't involve Luther Head i'm happy......

11. Shay

Shay Member

I am 99% sure that this guys is just messing with us and the starting lineup will be different because Yao is back.
    Brooks will get murderd by Davis so no way it's him.
    It might be Scola so it will be easier to beat the fronting but imo he just messing with us.

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Don't we currently hold the record for the best team to have missed the playoffs, Yao's rookie season when we won 46 games? I have this strange feeling that we may get that record again, half way through the season and in the west 10 teams have 20 or more win. Realisticly a team could win 48-50 games and still miss the playoffs in the west this year.

That's what makes the loss to Utah so painful even though we currently splitting the season series. If they can't bring the intensity tonight against the Warriors my outlook for the season is going to drop even though we've had a good January.

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

If Yao is sick, Adleman better play Deke some minutes for defensive purposes and rebounding. You have got to counter Beidrins.

14. flame

flame Member

Keys to defeat Warriors

1.Ball movement, quick release

2.Contend, no easy shot give up

3.Rebound

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hopefully we can stop sucking at home.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ouch, all that bold hurts the eyes. Plus, you forgot rule #1....linky.

Try putting the article in a quote.

17. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

and score more.

18. ibm

ibm Member

s/b in a reverse order. or maybe this:

rebound
    rebound rebound
    rebound rebound rebound
    rebound rebound rebound rebound

and...

rebound

19. bigwill123

bigwill123 Member

The rox are a better team compared with when they met the last time, so a win may be in order.

20. Tracy McIverson

Rafer TMac Shane Landry Yao