1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/29/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2008.

1. landoo

landoo Member

Two thing

1st, defend -------stop Golden state fast offense
    2st, keep the effeicent offense

2. MarkMac

MarkMac Member

SportsRadio 610 says this morning that both Tmac and Bonzi have "flu-like" symptoms, and will be game-time decisions. Yao did practice yesterday.

3. rocketsmetalspd

Need this game with the Warriors playing the Hornets tomorrow on a b2b. Need to defend the 3 point line for 48 minutes and the constant penetration by the guards.

4. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

will be going to the game. but it'll be a very tough win. i hate the matchups with gstate

5. watashi315

watashi315 Member

There's a few teams in this league that has been owning us on a consistent basis in the last 2 years. 1). Phoenix 2). Dallas 3). Golden State 4). Jazz. Perhaps its the matchups, I don't know. But I just don't see us winning against Golden State. Especially if TMAC and/or Bonzi may be out, then we're definitely finished. I say we lose tonight.

6. _samoa_

_samoa_ Member

I do hope rox can win this one, but many things are question marks to me:
    1 Yao, Tracy and Bonzi are suffering from flu? not so easy to recover so quickly especially nba games demand a lot energy
    2 rox are one of the worst perimeter defense teams
    3 I see nobody can really guard Baron Davis well on this team
    4 small, fast forwards they have usually give a lot trouble
    5 so far rox haven't demostrated the capability to bust out a close game, they typically are lack of concentration, mentally weak at the end of game

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

forget the flu, MAN UP. we have 2 days off. that should be freakin' enough. drink a ton of fluids, provide them with electrolytes and give them some claritin/DM for any sneezing/runny nose/cough they may have and DESTROY the warriors.

8. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I'll be at the game...hope T-Mac & Bonzi play! Tough game but a necessary W.

It's ladies' night so hopefully there lots of eye candy if the Rox suck it up ;)

Go Rockets!

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

freaking flu is everywhere, anyone else sick? i know i got a cold. doc wont give me antibiotics, says i dont need them. psss

10. trea

trea Contributing Member

Hey guys it looks like I'm not going to be able to make the game tonight, so I have two tickets available. Willing to give them to a fellow clutchfan for free. I can email the tickets so meeting up is not necessary. All that I ask in return is that you go to the game and cheer for our guys, they're going to need it tonight :) First person to email me at treabono @ gmail.com gets 'em.

11. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Since it's a lost whether Tmac and/or Yao play anyway. I want to see this team play GS without Tmac, Yao and Bozo. I think we have a higher probability of winning against GS this way.

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Damn I wish I was in Houston :(

13. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

No anitbiotics unless you have a bacterial infection; no effect on a virus.

14. ibm

ibm Member

offensive rebounding is where we should show our size advantage and also prevents their fastbreaks.

penetrate and score high % buckets (or get ft's) works the same way.

not taking too many long jumpers that lead to long rebounds (where we don't have any advantages) and thus fastbreaks.

transition d is key.

and i'd rather give harrington that 3 than having yao chasing him out at the perimeter.

15. poprocks

poprocks Member

If we make this our guards against their guards in a up and down transition game we are going to get blown out by 40 pts. No, we have to make this game our bigs against their smalls. Slow the game down and box out and grab rebounds. Our guards have to play well enough on defense to pester them into making stupid shots.

Roster

Yao
    Scola
    Landry
    T-Mac
    Alston.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Oh man, I can't wait til we see this happen tonight. :mad:

17. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

New Starting Lineup

18. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

details?

19. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

People will be happy. Will say no more. Please no speculation. just wait and see

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

thanks for info