1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/29/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2008.

1. BritKid12

BritKid12 Member

So the Jazz game was a bit dissapointing, hopefully Yao is back in the lineup and we can get a win against a team that we struggle with. I have added optimism for this game since I will be in a Suite :) My season ticket account rep hooked me up with the upgrade because of my "perfect attendance" this year! In other news... school and work are wondering why this never happened for them.

All the pessimism after the Jazz gaame is slightly unwarranted due the 7'6 gap in the rotation. I'll be the first to admit we looked pretty bad - but I also think we can definitely handle the Jazz this year with our full complement of players.

2. peterrkim

peterrkim Contributing Member

second page. alright.

and we lose.

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

After last nights' loss, we can now only afford 13 or 14 more and have a reasonable chance of making the playoffs. I get the feeling that we will burn up another loss on Tuesday.

4. YugoRocketsFan

We're screwed.

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Both the Warriors and Blazers have escaped at least a couple of close losses. So, I hope "IT'S TIME" for the Rockets to get lucky and kick some asses. Good news is that Yao is coming back tomorrow.

6. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

This is the kind of game where it might be better if Yao sat out. In the other losses to GS, we had major problems with Harrington's fronting. Either we spent too much time on the shot clock to try to get the ball into Yao or Harrington poked the ball away and started a GS fastbreak... so it might be easier to run our offense w/o him. just a thought.

7. TMc1

TMc1 Member

YAO's back might not be a big favor against Worriors. We could've won Jazz if YAO appeared on that game because he could block the lane to the rim and strengthen our inteiror defense, but Worriors never gave us time to do that when their 3-4 guards running on the court... On offensive end, I really doubt YAO could exploit all his weapons under the defense of Harriton:mad:

Jazz could always matchup well with Worriors mainly because they have athletic and strong guards like Deron wills and Harplin, who're able to contain Worrior's backcourt, plus the absolute advantage of size in the paint. We've already showed that we could matchup Jazz in the paint much better than last season even with YAO's absence so the focus now should be on our backcourt. Our guards have way too many flaws comparing to the conterparts of elite teams. :rolleyes:

8. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

The Rockets need to shake off last game REAL quick, the Warriors can not only beat you but, embarrass you if you play like you did vs Utah last game.

Got to get it done, Rockets! Stop making excuses! Stop worrying about crap you have no control over and just PLAY! Preferably play some D for 48 min (unlike last game) and make your DAMN free throws and stop playing stupid! :mad:

That said, maybe this time the Rox accidentally rise to the occasion ...

Rox 102, GS 99. I swear this team never makes it easy for themselves or their fans! :rolleyes:

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

must win. tmac better attack the rim more often that he did in the damn first half v. utah. he didn't even step foot in it. the team needs to play like it did in the 2nd half offensively for us to have a chance. play more of landry and scola to match with their small lineup.

10. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

I appreciate your effort, although I don't like the enlarged font size.
    OK. Seriously, good post and keep posting :p

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

A few people said before T-Mac came back that the team would struggle his first few games back with his style of play clashing with the chemistry the team had gained in his absence, and then the team would go on a roll after T-Mac clicks with the rest of his team. Well the first part of that prediction is coming true. We can only hope that the second will as well. Must win.

12. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

ok, next time, wont use those big sizes of font.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I hope Yao Ming doesn't resort to shooting fadeaways, turning the ball over, and getting blocked by Al Harrington like past games against GW. Yao needs to find a way to get better positioning against quicker smaller players that guards him. Having a point guard that can't penetrate doesn't help the situation either.

14. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

We have to realize that the Jazz will make the playoffs no matter what, but the lblazers & warriors are teams that the Rox have to beat out so they can get that 8th seed.

15. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

That is something I am concerning about as well. But I do not think it is wise to let YAO sit out where the lack of shot-blocking and weak defense occur and also the defensive end will be weak as well. Now we have T-mac back. There are two players Warriors might need to double. So when the other player got open, how to pass the ball to them and how well their shooting percentage will be is going to be crucial. With the defensive end, how well we could contain their 3-pointers is another issue.

We need to less TOs to reduce fast break points they might have. The fast break points are not only helping Warriors with their scores but also hurt the morale. Here comes to Rafer. How well he is handling the ball and how well he is able to pass the ball.

16. richlordisgay

richlordisgay Member

I think that if we score more points than the Warriors do, then we should be okay.

17. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

If the Rockets actually give a damn, they should go out and play their asses off and win this game. Now, it's 5 teams within 2 games for last 3 playoff spots - 4 teams with 18 on losses and the Rockets with 20. You dont want to be the only team falls behind by 3 games.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Yao should focus on defending paint rather scoring! On the offensive end, make screens for his teammates.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and the lakers. they could free fall like last yr. when bynum returns, he might not be in the shape he was in the beginning to dominate like he had.

we will make the playoffs. i don't know why ya'll are worried. our schedule is EASY after the warriors game. i just want to get a seed where we'll face the nuggets or jazz (yes we can beat the jazz).

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Denver is the no.9 in wc now. Jazzs beat spurs, and they are no.4.