1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/17/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Exactly my point. Bad nights happen to individual players, that's why you need another perimeter playmaker as insurance. A bad night or two by the guy you rely so heavily on can decide a playoff series.

2. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Oh my...

After a few hours clearing my mind and a few deep breaths, I'm no longer that mad haha
    I love the Rockets but they're so disappointing sometimes. Like what the heck! I will always support the team but they seriously need to get their stuff together. I don't mind losing if they at least played 'good' but they didn't.

3. JamesFr

JamesFr Member

every team will have a few bad games here and there
    this is just one of those nights
    they will bounce back the next game

4. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

McHale is too lazy, he didn't do any detail game plan

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

When will you take responsibility for being a miserable assclown?

2 people like this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

When has the moron McHale ever taken any accountability or responsibilty? It's the same generic PR speech after every loss

Dude is a coward in a giants body. On that note, part of the blame goes to Morey for hiring this clown and to Lea for extending him. Hopefully the extension doesn't mean we have 3 more years of failure to look forward to

1 person likes this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

b****money has no chill

8. payaso

payaso Member

Does anybody else see Kerr as Pop 2.0? Came from a team ops position in the front office, took over from a well-liked but limited coach, and has a winner's pedigree at pretty much every level, with championship rings to spare. In the latter regard he's ahead of Pop at the same point in his career- I think a WCF series this year, at a minimum, is there for the taking for Kerr and GSW in his first year as coach. Doesn't hurt to have a starting backcourt that I've heard more than one NBA muckety-muck say is the best ever seen, either.

9. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Pop 2.0 currently resides in Atlanta. Kerr is 3.0.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Everyone knew what needed to be done, but the team couldn't make any adjustments. Coaching is partly to blame here, despite the mismatch problems that we were facing. The margin of defeat should have been closer.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

McHale should have changed the line-ups when he saw the mismatches. DMo can't defend Green out on the perimeter, should have run with more Papa earlier. Smith, when he has no one to defer to, lapses into boneheaded plays.

Something wrong with our pnr defense if Speights keeps getting away. DMo was the best in trapping the guard on the pnr. I think we should tried a small line-up earlier so we can rotate faster. So one big and 4 small but we've got to gangrebound.

Maybe GSW would still have made their shots, but it wouldn't have seemed like a massacre so much.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

They do. They'll just not gonna tell it to the media right after a loss. They're gonna think about how to make the team better.

The coaches will find a way to solve this. This is a good loss to tell us we still need a ton of work.

(1) How to get our 3pt shooters untracked. Get DMo, Papa and Shved trying out their long range. Or keep attacking the basket with our guards.

(2) PnR defense. Someone keeps slipping through for midrange shots. Faster rotation with a small line-up, although it leads to mismatches.

(3) We did better when we forced TOs on the passing lanes. Maybe that's what we need to focus on. We're not gonna take everything away.

(4) Gotta rebound. Maybe TJones can help us on that.

13. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Now I have to steer clear of NBA media for a long time. Have the media started calling Harden overrated yet?

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

We just played like a dog's bum in the second half…Harden looked like he was either sick or gassed.

We wasted a great game by Dwight tho.

I'm a bit unhappy, actually very unhappy with the loss…but when it all comes together, we are going to be the most dangerous team in the league. Hopefully it all comes together by the Playoffs.

15. Jbarrachina

Jbarrachina Member

Even though Dwight had a decent game today, I believe
    he is the reason the Rockets have no chemistry.
    When Dwight was out with the leg injury, this team showed
    much better flow and cohesion between the
    players. The Rockets were playing much better
    when Dwight was out.
    Another thing the Rockets have to do in order
    to improve, they need a more efficient point guard.
    Pat is good, but he is better coming off the bench.
    A third thing to improve is Josh - he has 1 or 2 good
    plays and then he feels like he is the only one
    on offense and starts taking crazy shots and
    commits turnovers, which is what happened at the
    end of the second quarter today - gave GS a lead
    at the half which also carried over to the third quarter
    giving GS all the momentum.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are not as hot as the Hawks and we are not in the East. Over.

17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

If been a while where we can't get them both to play well i the same game.

The good thing I can get out of this game is that Houston got a big advantage inside vs GS.

Harden have been having no problem vs GS but next time we play if they want to defend for 3 pointers, well milk it inside, don't force the 3 and make them have to double and change the strategy.

Last game vs OKC we crack that heavy interior defense they play, Rockets basically used Dwight as a decoy and GS going to overplay the perimeter use Harden as a decoy and score inside, Harden need to eat his MVP pride and take one for the team from time to time like Dwight have been doing. Sometime the bear need to take a backseats especially when Howard is playing so well and GS is determine not to allow guard play.

They made a move now time to counter that and see what happen.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have to ask Les Alexander one or two more times if he thinks losing in the first or second round does not matter to him....

If he says the team is still his hobby and he does not care much the near future is relatively doomed.

He would still give money but not the big money to get it done.

You would always have younger and more dynamic teams like GSW, you will always have more experienced teams like Memphis, Spurs when healthy
    IN FRONT OF YOU

McHale is just a small problem, big problems are the owners that hire those guys

They do enough to make people happy for the regular season but not enough for big postseason success

1 person likes this.
  19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Sometimes you just get beat. It happens in the NBA.

The rockets do get up for big games and they play much better when properly motivated. Didn't look like they were that into it for this game. They've certainly played GS much closer in the past even without Dwight.

20. PeppermintCandy

Did not see the game but looking at the boxscore:

GSW starting backcourt: 18/33 for 54 points, 17 FTA
    Houston starting backcourt: 8/28 for 23 points, 8 FTA (1 by Beverley)

:eek:
    What a disparity in production. What the heck happened? Did they neutralize Harden?

The other thing I noticed is that GSW got some good production from their bench, especially at the 3 to 5 spots but balanced overall. But I guess having David Lee, Iguodala, and Holiday as your second unit will do that to a team. Holy smokes.