1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/17/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2015.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I'm sure everyone is disheartened. Just gotta keep working to grow as a team though. We have to shore up that defense though.

There was one sequence Bev got the ball to Harden driving into the lane. We needto set up Harden more. Still half of the season to play, gotta keep the faith. Stranger thingshave happened. I still believe we'll win a playoff series or two this year.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Wait, people actually thought mcfail would make in-game adjustments and coach the team? That's nothing but pure comedy on a Friday night.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I kinda thought we'd lose this game going in, but really disappointing to see us getting embarrassed on our home court.

Terrible effort tonight defensively from lots of guys.

This game shows us how far we are from being an actual contender, we have a ways to go.

We need another creator besides Harden, as he goes, we go, we rely on him far too much offensively.

But defense was the issue tonight, we have been a mediocre team since we were 19-5, we are only 9-8 since then, just terrible effort defensively since that point. Dwight continues to sleepwalk defensively out there, something isn't right with him.

We will not get out of the first round sleepwalking on defense, we need to start playing better and build good habits. Still not sold on McHale, he should be getting these guys to play harder and make adjustments.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Howard:

They shared the ball and that made them tough to guard. Got everyone involved.

What can you do defensively?

Stop everyone else from scoring. Scored too many points tonight.

They played the same the whole game: shared the ball, got everyone involved and that's why they won.

We gotta play basketball the right way. They showed everyone the blueprint. Share the ball, you win.

Last game is over with, so is tonight's game. Gotta come back and get the next one.

Ariza:

We weren't playing hard. We didn't come to play. Didn't give effort and we paid for it.

We just did not play hard on both ends. Didn't do near enough to win. We have to give tremendous effort each time we step out on the court.

We didn't give good effort tonight. No way around that. That's not Xs and Os. We have to hold ourselves accountable and play better.

We need to give better effort, that's the bottom line. No excuses.

5. rocketsmetalspd

Ariza "Did not play hard and Did not play with effort. Need to come out every night with Effort, no Xs and Os can fix that"

6. alethios

alethios Member

Man, I wish they still had Marc Jackson as their coach.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Man, I wish next year other teams' fans will be saying they wish we still had Kevin McHale as our coach.

1 person likes this.
  8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Clint Capella says Hi. Nick Johnson also says Hi.

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

According to Maury and others on clutch fans, coaching doesn't really matter and isn't that important.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

LOLOL, good point, 1995!!!

11. alethios

alethios Member

My point exactly. It's not going to bode well if we continue this charade for the next 3 years.

12. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

They'll still lose to Bulls or Cavs in the PO

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man if D12 only did what he preaches. He is a black hole in the post. Once the ball goes in it never goes out

14. rocketsmetalspd

I still say that is not Kerr that been the difference. Alvin Gentry being the Co-Coach is what has helped the Warriors. The way the Rockets wanted to hire Lionel Hollins at the beginning of the season.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, I never said we played well tonight. Said we played terrible and it looks like they didn't have the effort. Listening to the PG interviews it sounds like they didn't want it tonight for whatever reason.

I never been a supporter of McHale...but people pretend like good teams don't get blown out every now and then is all. I would be happy if we fired the guy because I think we could do a lot better.

I said it then, I'm still pissed that Budenholzer turned us down or whatever happened there, Should have done WHATEVER it took to hire that guy. That was obviously going to be a good get for any team.

16. Progs

Progs Member

This game was truly disturbing. Why is it that they still don't post Dmo? They need to bounce back in a big way against the pacers and against GSW on Wednesday.

17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I thought the exact same thing tonight.....oh well.....

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Someone mentioned the Blazers getting blown out. [They were] Looks like they have a little more fight than the Rockets [tonight anyways]. :p

19. rocketsmetalspd

They may say Hi but will McHale give them the PT? It will another trade that may bring the much needed help. Need that true PG and backup Center.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I always find it funny when this is the excuse the players give...

Maybe, just maybe, give effort then? If you know effort is the problem, that's the easiest thing you can fix. I mean...it's basically them saying that they just didn't care about the game.