1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 4/27/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Cade is Steve Francis and we are the Grizzlies now? :(

Rocket River and saleem like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I fear that this could happen under TF. He's brought us to the verge of ruin and turned us into the laughing stock of the league.

Rocket River and hakeem94 like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I like your gusto and attempt to be positive. Lakers and Knicks have been in the crapper for years with your same philosophy as you mentioned.
    They have been bad for decades until recently. And keep in mind they were prime destinations of New York and Los Angeles. Hit and miss
    on draft picks and couldn't attract free agents. Kings paid a ton of money for free agents recently to mix with rooks......how did that work out?

As I've been saying, it's not how you pick.....it's who you pick. I throw that picking the best player available crap out the door after Cade
    Cunningham or Jalen Green......all the others can be decent but more than likely just ok.

Martin jr makes spectacular dunks here and there and a block here and there, but his defense scores average to below average on the
    whole of a game. Needs a lot of work on his 3-point shooting. 1.3 attempts per game is not going to cut it and a 31.8%. Those numbers
    are ok for a big like Charles Bassey who will be setting screens most of the time; but defenses will pack the paint in the playoffs because
    of KMjr.

Don't get me wrong, KMjr shows promise as a first year player. But I would trade him for upgrade in a heartbeat.

I give you points for trying to spin things in a positive manner. What @saleem was mentioning was, "what if Cade refuses to play for us?"
    Like John Elway refused to play for Colts after being drafted number 1 in the NFL.

Edited: Kings in 17/18 had 5 rookies that year and mixed with vets and went 27-55.
    Rookies (17/18).....................Vets brought in that year or soon after
    Bogdanovic ................................George Hill
    Frank Mason ..............................Nemanja Bjelica
    Justin Jackson ..........................Alec Burks
    Nigel Hayes ...............................Ariza
    Jack Cooley................................Harrison Barnes
    ....................................................Kent Bazemore (Morey wanted as well)

to also join: Bagley, DeAaron Fox, Harry Giles, Buddy Yield during those 3 years

#303 ApacheWarrior, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    saleem likes this.
  4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

And then he drops 50 :)

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Tell me how many of those 50 were from beating his man off the dribble and getting to the basket. That’s still not a strength of his game. The way he shot last game is not sustainable. He still needs to work on that. His ball handling is not good enough yet.

#305 vator, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Of course its not good enough, dude is 20...

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Please tell me what his age, he’s practically 21 now, has to do with his ball handling not being good? It wouldn’t be hard to come up with a list of dozens of guards at around the same age that came into the NBA with good to elite level handles. His age has nothing to do with it.

He probably never really developed that aspect of his game like he should have because he wasn’t a point guard and he probably could always just rely on being a better athlete than the person defending him. Cleveland played him at small forward a lot. I just want him to be able to consistently attack the basket off the dribble in order to reach his potential. He can’t be an elite PG or SG in the NBA unless this happens. He too often is forced to settle for step backs because he can’t get around his defender.

I guess we’ll see what he comes back with next year. John Lucas and others are clearly putting time in working with him on his game.

Amel likes this.