1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 4/15/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum that was a close one but we came out winning it.

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I think KAT was caught off guard by our constant double teams but I expect them to adjust and the Rockets defense will get exploited.

Little Bit likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol at cp3 for doing his best 'playoff harden' impersonation :D

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you just always find a reason to not be happy..its what you do, nothing to do with how rockets play

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Too close for my liking and glad I didn't watch it live, but this is better than if it had been a blowout. It could've lead to complacency, which some of our guys already started with. The only guys who put up a fight were Tucker, Harden, Green & Capela. CP3 seemed way too nervous. Ariza even missing FTs, just too many jitters it seems. Gordon was just launching, again, from way too far out. Not attacking the basket like he normally does. I give credit to the Wolves defense, but if we had made just a few more threes it would've been a blowout. We missed so many wide open looks. I wonder how crazy our offense would be if we had reliable 3pt shooters like the Sixers and Warriors do.

This was far from a team win, this was Harden going berserk and took Capela along as his running mate to bring this home. I've never seen Harden this focused, playing defense, energised and just taking shots and making them wherever he found himself on the court. I didn't like our late game execution, too much iso, milking the clock and overall we need to play faster. Fast break opportunities are there, but we've become too accustomed to the slower pace. I think we need to play faster if we want to dominate in some of these games.

The arena atmosphere seemed fine over the TV broadcast, how was it live? Webber and Marv were sometimes barely hearable and crowds went crazy over plenty of plays.

bro2044, ramotadab, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm not really feeling the all black t-shirts given in the crowd. Didn't even looked like half the people had them on. The sea of red t-shirts in the crowd is much more intimidating and pops more. Last year in the playoffs against OKC in the games I attended, it was red everywhere. The black alts look cool but we could've done the all red theme at home and just wore the black alts on the road or something.

bro2044, BigShasta and OTMax like this.
  8. farhen

farhen Member

jimmy is the man

9. Drogba

Drogba Member

Chuck had a point earlier on this year. Essentially claimed we couldn't win because we're too reliant on Harden's individual brilliance. Needing 44 from Harden just to beat an 8th seed isn't a good sign when someone like Durant can have a mediocre game against San Antonio yet Golden State still blow them out.

Are (soon to be) 33 year old Chris Paul & Eric Gordon really Championship caliber 2nd & 3rd options? Do we really have the consistent shooters for a 3 point heavy offense? Tonight's poor shooting was eerily reminiscent of last year's Playoffs, we can just defend now.

ramotadab likes this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

My post had nothing to do with Harden specifically.

@SamFisher is desperately clinging to conversations from four years ago.

Thirty-four years ago, he wasn't cheering for PHI SLAMA. He is NOT a HOUSTON fan.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

well you drool over trip dubs over the rockets winning right

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Only in your mind... a Sammy type of mind.

Warriors seemingly flipped the switch, while the Rockets underperformed. Still a long way to go, but neither Game 1 instilled more confidence going forward.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this

ramotadab and BigM like this.
  14. RESINator

RESINator Member

This game was too close. I don't expect us to have a horrible shooting game like this twice in a row. Should sweep the series

Remlap and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. Burko

Burko Member

Ian Holloway sums up last nights game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are two Jimmies in this series.

ramotadab and Stormy1234 like this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL is there even a doubt which Jimmy he's talking about

Stormy1234 and farhen like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

bro2044, rocks123, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  19. j@amc

j@amc Member

1. Harden played 41 minutes in game one (4 more minutes than usual). He looked exceptionally strong, but I wonder how this goes long term... Last year, a forty minute game would take two games for him to recover.

2. We missed a surprising number of open looks, and CP3 (3-11 on uncontested shots) has to find his groove. While this might have been CP3's worst game as a Rocket, he was contributing on D. He led the team with five deflections and five loose ball recoveries.

3. I loved the game plan of attacking the rim on the break. The key here is keeping the Wolves off balance: running to the rim, rushing to the 3-point line for a transition shot, and the half-speed break to get the right mismatch.

4. I'm not sure what the Wolves were doing with KAT in game one, but Clint stood tall in that matchup (51 possessions, KAT 1-3 shooting against Clint). Seems to me that Butler, Teague, Crawford, and Wiggins are all slashers who don't fit well with Towns. I also think if the Wolves posted up Towns as much as the announcer were calling for the ball down low, KAT would have had even more turnovers.

Deuce, ramotadab, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I know you are happy like little girl that we won the Wolves 3pts with Harden playing like God.

I wont be happy until Rockets win Championship this playoffs.
    We are best team. We deserve that.