1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 4/15/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2018.

1. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

That's why game 1 was such an easy win right? Lol

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden was literally the only one out there for the Rockets plus some Capela

Rest better show up for us to have a chance against Warriors

I looking at you CP3

3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Ariza was 1 of 6 in shots, 0 of 4 in 3 pt.shots...in 32 mins...good news had 5 rebounds. We REALLY miss Luc !

Remlap and bilaal14 like this.
  4. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Everyone saying stuff along the lines of, "oh everyone played like **** outside of harden and we still won. the rest of the series will be easy once others contribute" - the wolves could be using the same logic only reverse situation They got practically nothing out of their two stars (13 pts Butler, 8 pts Towns) and still almost pulled an upset on the road. Towns and Butler will undoubtedly play better than that in some of the upcoming games.

I still don't think the wolves actually have any chance of winning the series, but i also don't anticipate a bunch of Houston blowouts and/or a sweep.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Towns can play better. Butler can play a little bit better. But who else on their team is gonna improve in Game 2? Wiggins had his typical game tonight. And there's no way Teague, Crawford, or Rose perform better than they did in Game 1.

Remlap likes this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think Ariza got too much rest. Dude's game is completely out of synch. Hopefully, he and the others who also did not perform well get their chit together.

PeterKingX likes this.
  7. krouchchocolate

**** I just watched harden highlights on YouTube. Gave me goosebumps.

Remlap, Patience, SF3isBack!! and 3 others like this.
  8. krouchchocolate

Well yeah I do agree their stars did bad but cp3 did pretty bad too. Hopefully he got the 1st playoff game jitters out of him bc I expect a hell of a performance out of him next game.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

All Eyes On cp3. Someone photoshop him on the 2pac album cover.

10. touring_low

touring_low Member

That is a travel, right pivot moved..but even if u say that's not a travel on KAT, Wiggins travelled on that dunk.

11. HookemHorns1250

The post game talk about this game is frustrating. "The T-Wolves are idiots! When the Rockets switch, you have to give to the big man when Gordon is on him!"

Well...I understand the idea and logic with it, but..it's not that easy. MDA said it in the post game interview. Anytime KAT touched the ball down low in the paint, he was doubled immediately. Also, when we switched, and Gordon or another guard ended up on KAT, and he tried to go low to post up, Tucker (Who did an outstanding job of this), quickly ran over, and switched with Gordon/Ariza/Paul to guard him. MDA sent so many looks at Towns, and he was never allowed to just post up freely.

#2131 HookemHorns1250, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  12. HookemHorns1250

Also, not to mention, the comments of "Well KAT didn't score, neither did Butler! No way those guys have that game again. They have a real shot."

.....Yes...you're right, if the Rockets 10/37 from three again, and KAT/Butler have great games, we are in trouble. However..the likely hood of us shooting -that- bad again even during these playoffs is very slim.

Edit - I'd also just like to take the time to acknowledge Harden for how well he handles the media. Obviously it was easier today, seeing as he just went insane, but even during losses. It's just refreshing to hear him accept any question, not try to make any announcer feel like a complete idiot...like a certain Thunder player.

#2132 HookemHorns1250, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

San Antonio has no one that can create lol. They are literally weakest team in the playoffs east and west. So no I'm not impressed.

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Its not because of Minny that it was a close game. Lol. Rockets except for harden and capela played really bad. Let's be thankful for this win and be happy it's minny we faced because if its other playoff team with more experience they will definitely take advantage of this off night from our rockets. betTer an offnight now than in the second or third round.

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Cp3 was just to amped. He seamed to me to be playing to fast. When he slows it down he will be ok. Believe me people. I know basketball.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  16. buffalobills!!!

Stupid pc fake nice southerners. Lol. Show some balls and chant! Toyota Center atmosphere

17. Mr. Space City

watching the reply.

i love this move harden does when he comes off the pick and fakes like he's going back behind the arc but does a shoulder fake and drives to the rim and gets a wide open drive,

he did it at about 4:55 in the 4th.

slick move.

skroodup25 and Tfor3 like this.
  18. HardLin

HardLin Member

We missed open 3s and free throws. As others have pointed out, we hit 3s at a normal rate and this is not close.

Everyone outside of Harden and Capela need to shoot 1000 extra 3s and free throws a day until Wednesday!

Remlap and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Taj Gibson on Harden: "He's an MVP candidate and you know why. Every time the game was ... in a tight spot, he just took over the game. We were trying to throw everything at him. He just played phenomenal tonight."

Deuce, Patience, Drogba and 3 others like this.
  20. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

-MVP was the MVP and brought this game home. Sensational from the Beard.

-PJ Tucker just had one of the best defensive performances ive seen from a rocket in nearly a decade. Dude was seriously everywhere. Brought that DOG mentality.

-Iam not too worried about CP, seemed like he never got into a rhythm. I expect him to get back to normal in game 2.

-Really bad 3 point shooting, but still winning in-spite of it shows the difference from last year.

-Nene has lost a step, Capela has gained a step. We need LUC healthy.

Great Win,On to the next one.
    RunAsOne