1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 3/15/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2013.

1. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I had no problem with your post. The response to your post (the one I originally quoted) was a bit annoying though. That would be like if we were discussing my favorite player Harden and we were talking about the possibilities when his contract runs out and I say I hope he signs with the Lakers. You don't see a problem with that? This is a Rockets forum first.

2. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Sorry didn't mean to quote you twice.

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Yeah, it's funny that they suck and still make all that money. They are the second most valuable team behind the Lakers, have only 2 champs in their entire history and make about almost 3 times as much as the Lakers. What a cash cow the Knicks are.

4. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Yea I agree. It's all good. I can't stand the Knicks. Just saying that they do have the cash to burn and it wouldn't surprise me that they make a bid. Just saying.

5. kent335

kent335 Member

6. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Darn... Earlier before the game, I got the prediction on how many points the Rockets would score perfectly!!! Timberwolves though? A bit off... Oh well. :grin:

Actual Score: Rockets 108, Timberwolves 100.

7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Rubio's defense is overated, he just uses his long wingspan to poke the ball away ... once you drive past his skinny arms, he's pretty much useless. Rubio also gets wiped out on picks because he doesn't have the strength to get around them.

8. SPBR

SPBR Member

From http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb/10/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20120211

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, it felt good to watch this game live! this was a great day...

sucks though that our 22 streak is in danger...oh well..ours is still more impressive..we don't need 3 superstars to get there...

I LOVE THE ROCKETS!

10. PeppermintCandy

11. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Agreed! it was my first Rockets game at the Toyota Center. The way it was going early on the the crowd had no energy but in the 2nd half it was another story. Was awesome to witness that comeback!

12. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Statistically, David Lee is one of the worst starting frontline players defensively in NBA history. He's basically a young version of Antwan Jamison.

You can afford a perimeter player who plays no defense ala Steve Nash. But an inside guy will just kill you by giving up layups and dunks every game. Warriors were always a mirage. They were 8 games over 500 at one point giving up more points than they scored. Pure luck.

13. SPBR

SPBR Member

Agreed. Just linking an article because someone was asking.

It's hard to tell exactly how much interest there was. But I think your standard is a little too high. I don't think any team would aggressively pursue players unless they are a proven star or potential or already a superstar. But the fact that the Lakers lost out in acquiring Lin because the Rockets had a worse record last season is some evidence that teams had genuine interest in him. Even though Lin didn't exactly dominate in GSW, there were teams who wanted to give him a shot. Lakers, Knicks, and apparently Houston, before deciding there were other priorities given the existing contracts and needs at the time.

14. PeppermintCandy

Not saying you're doing this, but I don't see a need to make it seem like the Lakers "really" wanted him when that doesn't seem to be the case.

Maybe I'm underestimating the interest shown, but teams trade for minor role players all the time. If a team felt Lin was worth more than a relatively free look, they would have worked something out IMO. Lin was just low priority for all the teams before Linsanity, and that includes the Rockets. And nothing wrong with that.

15. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Great game but sweet Jesus, today is the day I officially became a Rubio-hater ...it was embarrassing seeing him trying to mop up the floor with his jersey ...even Harden was getting visibly annoyed...I remember Bev got a T because he was so heated after a flop the last time they played...what happened to those fines? that system was actually working, I really hope they go back to cracking down on the fines

still couldn't spoil a sweet win though

16. SPBR

SPBR Member

I'm not. Just providing a link for the fans who were asking questions about one of their players regarding being claimed off waivers. I think most will agree that claiming a player off waiver would rank as low interest, compared to other methods of player acquisition.

I'm a Lin fan, but even I can understand why teams didn't aggressively pursue him considering how he played in GSW. So I guess I agree.

17. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat! Way to go, Rockets!!

18. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From Geraldd.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fdkeTQY-slQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. haydenfisher342

Rubio has a sniper aimed at him every game. Ever single freaking screen he looks to be in tremendous amount of pain. one thing about the game that bothered me too is Rubio faked got a player in the air and just through the ball into the crowd got 2 free throws. Parsons does the same thing, keeps the ball in bounds and attempts a shot, nope, on the ground, sideline out. Meh, typical ref'n at a Rockets game

20. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Timberwolves just beat the Spurs 107-83 on Tuesday, Last night game was one of the most exciting game and a great comeback win for Houston.