1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 3/15/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2013.

1. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Wow since high school. Did you guys believe that he will make the NBA eventaully at that time? He was pretty thin then.

2. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

I really hope the knickerbockers look like idiots by the end of the season...or shall we say post-season.

Rockets make it to 2nd round....Knicks bock it up and fall out in the first

3. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

You have to be kidding me. I give you Rubio has a better handle and is likely to have fewer TOs and is calmer when he gets into the paint area, but he is a definite liability when it comes to scoring. If I was forced to choose between them, I would choose Lin because Lin is still improving. But Rubio is definitely not a max contract player. Lin is definitely a better scorer. Rubio can't score all that much, even with great screens that his teammates set for him. Lin's passing and scoring skills have improved.

Now, I love almost everything about Harden, except Harden makes every opposing player whom he is guarding look like a superstar with his uninspiring D.

4. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Around the league in the Knicks Forums

Postby Knickstape1214 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Never Wrong wrote:

Knickstape1214 wrote:i've officially come to terms that lin is better than felton. i still don't think he'll be an elite point guard, or a top 8 one either, but he's a good one. like i said from the beginning -- he'll be a conley-esque point guard. i wish we still had him :(

Lin is not better than Felton. A bad stretch after injuries does not make Lin better than Felton. The whole team has been struggling. I don't know why people always target Felton.

i've never targeted felton before. i've watched a bunch of houston games this season (because they're usually entertaining to watch and i'm a big fan of motie, parsons, and newly acquired robinson) and i'd say it's clear.

lin is the smarter player, he keeps his dribble alive in the paint and along the baseline (Which is a very underrated skill to have), and tends to make the right decision. he also doesn't take many long twos when the defender goes under the screen, a la felton.

felton has had an up and down year this whole year. he is who he is. i don't think he's very good anymore. and, yeah, i can admit that before the season i thought felton was better. now i don't

5. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

thanks Linfan.

6. dxdx

dxdx Member

imho, alot of Lin's hesitance and indecision can be attributed to a different role in a new team, with new players under a new coach. This wasn't a big problem while he was in NY.

7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Point taken. Good game. Catch you in the next game thread.

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

yesss..... priceless:grin:

9. alX

alX Member

exactly. there is a difference between being racist and comedic stereotyping.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Why wouldn't you want him to remain with us? We should just be off our first championship by then.

11. alX

alX Member

oh, but fast and furious is NOT the greatest movie made.
    had to clarify.

12. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I would take JJ Barea over Rubio, arguably. I do think Barea is a great player to bring off the bench. It would be great if he played for Rockets and backed up Lin. I like his fighting spirit.

13. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

One more thing. I would also take Conley over Rubio.

14. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

The problem with Felton is that he thinks he's LeBron, and his shot selection is not too good. Other than that, I think he's OK PG, but definitely below Conley level of PG.

15. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

I want him to stay with the Rox...i wouldnt be dissapointed if he went to the Lake Show either since im in LA.

I would think Morey wouldnt trade him. Not because of his international status, but because he's just a really good player...

He's sort of found his role in Houston with Harden, but in my opinion, he's bigger than his current role..as we saw tonight... Bring in a 2nd Max player and this team is gonna be VERY EXCITING to watch..

Everyone here's complaining about the 2012/2013'rs .....when Rox get a legitimate 2nd superstar, everyone here's gonna complaing about the LOH/LOF...not LIN but K-LOVE Haters/Lovers...

16. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Yea, I don't understand why that post was made in a Rockets forum. This is what puts a bad taste in some people's mouths.

17. alX

alX Member

robinson's potential is frighteningly exciting. a great acquisition.

18. art

art Member

is that the second gm in a row where the rockets tried that harden/parsons alley oop?
    chandler starts from the side out of bounds and cuts towards the hoop as harden penetrates

19. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I know this wasn't a direct reply to me, but if you follow the chain, it was sort of started by me. I was just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks make a bid for him once his contract is up. I mean, by that time, Melo and Amare would be gone, and we know the Knicks have the cash to make bids. I mean they make the most income compared with ALL the NBA teams, 74 million, and that's AFTER they paid all those luxury taxes. The Lakers don't make that much because of the luxury taxes they pay, yet they got all those championships. The Knicks is probably the only organization that laughs at luxury taxes, pays players full pop and still have the highest income of all the teams. The Rockets only make 17 million I think.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

And look at all of the success they've had...wait...nevermind.