1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 2/17/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 16, 2012.

1. pauliuk4s

pauliuk4s New Member

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Is it the trade deadline yet? Damn.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Redhotrox, I know. Right? Can you back me up agains the McHale Storm Troopers? I need another Jedi. :)

4. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Are there any centers on the trading block?

5. Mr. Space City

i guess it's too late to tank :(

this team is so inconsistent.

6. BetterThanEver

Just ThaBust from the Rockets and DHoward from the Magic. DHoward is headed to the LA or NY area, probably though. Rockets are stuck with ThaBust.

7. conquistador#11

the fuhrer's revenge! Take that maury and Lex!

Would have loved to see that kid smith or adrien suited up for tonight's game. their bigs treated us like new inmates at Oz prison. =(

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

McHale: 66 points, 29 rebounds between the two of them. They beat us up. Had 9 offensive rebounds. Rubio made baskets. They just beat us up. We had no answer for them. They beat us up. They played well and beat us. Pekovic and Love too much for us. You gotta get stops. It was too late. They set the tone early. They were just too much for us tonight.

Scola: I don't know it is. They play(ed) better than us. Rubio played well against us every game. I don't think coach or anyone is pleased with anything.

Lee: It was right there. We needed to make adjustments to the adjustments they made. We need to learn from our mistakes. The effort in the 4th is how we got to start and finish games. We let the zone take us out of our game. Not sure it's based on matching physicality. Sam got in foul trouble and when we subbed, mismatches then occurred.

9. rocketsmetalspd

March 15. Can someone start a running count down on bbs for that day to get here?

10. BetterThanEver

Lee seems to acknowledge that Mchale did not make adjustments to Adelman's adjustments.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the Wolves themselves are not playing much Defense either. Otherwise they would be much better on the record.

Wes, Love, Ridnour, Pekovic

Rubio has his handful on offense....

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What adjustments? Our bench has mediocre talent level, they just overachieved? There is virtually not anything we can do now. We can't expect that they bail us out every single game.

Morey took on the lottery busts of other teams, and seemed to fail.

13. HtownsRockyTop

Typical Rockets. Beat a team they shouldnt beat in okc and then lose to a team they shouldnt lose to. Bottom line is kevin martin is way to inconsistant. He brings nothing to the table but his scoring, which as we have all seen disappears like a chocolate cake at a fat kid camp, and we are back to this tracy mcgrady offense where we come down the court get kevin martin the ball off a screen and watch him dribble the ball outside the arc for 10 seconds while everyone stands around watching. This team is not an offensive minded team anymore and people especially rockets fans need to realize. Kevin Mchale wants players that are going to hustle on both ends, mainly the defensive end. Defense wins games. Its time to trade kevin martin for a more consistant player who can play off the ball and plays good defense.

14. HtownsRockyTop

If i learned one thing tonight its that the rockets also need to get a low post scorer who can rebound the ball. cause luis scola, god bless the guy cause no one hustles more then him out there and i love him to death, cant jump 2 inches off the ground and a measly 5 rebounds a game average for a power forward is quite simply terrible. We need to go after a player like chris kaman who can bring us the inside prescense we are are desperately lacking. He will also bring get us to the foul line which we are also hurting in while also bringing the big body to box out and claim the boards. Im tired of seeing luis scola tip the ball in the air four times to himself before coming down with it.

15. Nook

Nook Member

It is simple, the Rockets are not that talented and the Wolves are tough inside... Add it up and you have a loss. Rockets don't know from game to game who they can count on other than Lowry... Very hard to be over a .500% team over a period of time without consistent players. There is nothing this team does especially well. You have left overs from the TMac/Yao era and a bunch of young guys.

16. Toothless_Texan

My take and dont care if you care > from what i see HOU is a dead team . management full of usless jeebers lookin for $$$ and players feeling like trade bait every game including the loved Lowry. they just don't care.. hey just look from the outside at other NBA teams, you just don't see it

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Trade deadline can't come soon enough.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Also, again, don't whine about Pekovic. He's been playing like not just an all-star, but a superstar this year ever since he's been starting. He's a big-time center in this league, people just haven't realized it yet. By the middle of next season everyone will be acknowledging him as a star level center.

Our problem is that our frontcourt is very, very average and just couldn't hold its own against two guys producing like superstars (Pek and Love). We were really wishing for that Nene + Gasol duo tonight.

19. HtownsRockyTop

completely agree. Just wish there was more word on rockets trade rumors

20. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Pekovic looks like a bruiser bodyguard in a Russian hitman movie. That's not the type of person you want on the front cover of the 2k13.