1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2013.

1. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I agree.

2. rocketming77

rocketming77 Member

lin is 6ft 3 legit barefoot.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jeremy-Lin-5802/

brewer is 6ft 6 3/4 barefoot.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Corey-Brewer-414/

parsons 6ft 8 3/4 barefoot.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Chandler-Parsons-5050/

eh, so if harden was playing brewer should be on 6ft 4 harden.

draftexpress is your friend. wiki is your fake friend.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

AB partied like it was 2009. Love, love, love to see that. Terrific all-around team effort tonight.

4. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Definitely we need Harden to win a chip. Just need him to stop j*****g off bad shots and being sticky. If he can learn to catch and make a quick move or pass the ball, our team will be so awesome to watch.

5. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

The LOFs aren't bashing Harden. It's the same band of trolls that bash Lin (or pretend to like him) whenever he has a bad game.

6. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Plenty of LoFs have bashed Harden.

7. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

There are faults on both sides. Plz don't become another member of that nonsense.

8. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

His defense is a bad habit learned with OKC. Westbrook has the same defensive weakness. They focus on the ball, lose their man and are beaten before the ball gets to their man.

He doesn't have a discipline issue. He has no problem distributing the ball, his role on the team is to be the leading scorer and carry the offense. When his offense gets going it is easier for everyone else. He is the guy we give the ball to when we need a bucket.

I have not heard any reliable story about Harden wanting all of the minutes, Mchale gives everyone big minutes. It is pretty obvious Mchale wants a short rotation. Maybe it is Mchale who doesn't trust his bench.

Again, these things are not the issues with the team right now. Our perimeter defense sucked last season and it isn't much better this season. It is everyone, not one guy. Most of our turnovers come from bad decision making, not understand the ability of your teammate (passing to Asik below his waist or when he is sprinting down the court) and executing.

9. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

Harden was actually considered one of the best defenders on OKC. Down the stretch, with Sefolosha sitting, Harden would often guard the opponent's best perimeter player. In the playoffs, Harden usually guarded the likes of Kobe, Wade, etc. He does have some bad habits on defense, which is mainly ball watching and playing the passing lanes too aggressively, but his the real problem is really just laziness. He often seems disinterested in playing defense -- whether that's because of fatigue/too many minutes, carrying too much offensive burden, injury, etc. or all of the above, I don't know, but he needs to rekindle that fire on defense if we want to take the next step.

10. imaginedragons

yup exactly. i did say that it was Mchale who doesn't trust his bench and Harden takes his cues from there.

Mchale gives big minutes to Harden and Parsons. Yup, short rotation, too short this early in the season.

11. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Dunno how theres fault on both sides. One is bashing a player to prop up another, the other side are Rocket fans.

12. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Yeah, when the ball is in front of him. He can guard a guy one-on-one, I am talking about a particular aspect of his defense.

The bad habits you actually bring up. I'm trying to actually being articulate and break the game down in a more complex way. When on the weakside, he focuses on the ball and losses his man. He had the same flaw in OKC.

It looks like he doesn't care but it is just that he is not engaged, being engaged on defense is knowing where your man is, where the ball is and being between that player and the basket. Combined that with his poor defensive posture, it is a recipe for disaster.

It is technique and being engaged when the action is away. He needs to relearn to be just as engaged when the ball is in his face as he is when the ball is away.

Besides, we have heaps of guys who can't keep and offensive player in front of them.

13. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

That lump on Jeremy's head is the lucky charm for this new winning streak.

It brought back his 3pt shot, had everyone playing great defense and resurrected Brooksanity.

Keep it up little lump [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

No, it is people who have favorite players who look past that players flaws and because that player may be attacked for those flaws, they then be aggressive in blasting other players.

Teams are meant to be a unit and I think Rockets fans need to start viewing the team that way.

I like Dmo more than Jones and would love to see him out there more, but Jones is playing so well and clearly fits better next to Dwight. I'm not losing it like people did over the starting PG gig.

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

any full game highlights? will rep.

16. cbk41

cbk41 Member

All of us are rockets fans of varying degrees, right? Some contribute great work on a near-nightly basis and put up a great site (Dave), some turn off the tv when a loss in ensured, some go out and get comcast, and others go out and buy season tickets. Others inherit fandom from their relatives, or share an education in common with a drafted player.

We all have our own varying reasons. It's up to the established membership to help smooth out the rough partition that newer members, which share a common thread, can sometimes create amongst the current establishment.

One of our teammates happens to pique an interest in the NBA that have a very different culture and language than most of our own. Much of the conflict comes from information deformed and lost through repeated translations of varying degrees.

Nobody like being misunderstood. Most do not like rapid, unexpected changes. Nobody like a fairweather fan. Nobody like clear and present biases.

We all have our own biases. They are our reasons for becoming fans of the rockets. I liken being a good fan as being a skill. It takes time, learning, and a little effort at times.

It's like that friend who always bails when things go bad. Or more arbitrarily, someone who bails when a certain set of conditions are no longer met. But if you treat people with kindness and do their best to not to reciprocate conflict, they'll tend to calm down and even stick around when those aforementioned conditions are no longer met.

But everyone gets a little grumpy when we don't win.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Also -- add me to the list of those who are (prematurely) ready to anoint T. Jones as the truth.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Not sure if serious but i am ready to battle you mr.

19. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I'm not talking about the Lin fan sites. I'm talking about here. Most of them seem to be trolls pretending to be Lin fans.

And what's worse are the trolls that antagonize his fans as well. They just want to see this board in disarray.

20. Go2013

Go2013 Member

Great Win! Go rockets!