1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2013.

1. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

Its all about projected play. The rockets might not project lin as a 17 point 5 assist guy. But somebody else might. U trade perceived value for perceived value.

2. bws

bws Member

I don't agree that Lin is below average defender. He's either average or slightly above average. Some matchups cause Lin problems but he has play really good defense on some guys like Lilliard this year and had issues with others. I also think that overall, Lin is a more consistently potent offensive player because he can score but also play make. Brooks has peaked, Lin is still on a trajectory up in his overall game.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yeah I commented on that a few pages back. Go and check.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Sir, I'm a LOF, and I'm not dumping crap on any other players. Those that do are fake LOF.;)

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If Lin's average is 19/5/5, I'll take that everyday! He played a good game

6. pnr

pnr Member

Lin's post defense was on point tonight.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin is 24 so yeah he still has 1 or 2 years of improvement in him.

8. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Guess I am not a contributing member so I don't have the ability to edit my post. Several grammar errors. Anyway, I made my point.
    Now, Coach McHale, only if you can stop JH ISO, make JH play defense, manage game time better, and have some effective go-to plays at the end of game. Then we're all set :rolleyes:

9. boiler

boiler Member

If AB plays well consistently he will get paid somewhere next year.

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

Great retro game from ab.
    Can we have more pls?

11. bws

bws Member

I have the same question. There is an irrational desire to trade Lin and it seems package him along with Asik. Makes no sense to me, Lin is a nice player with potential to be an all-star. He has a great attitude, seems liked by his team mates and shows he works hard at improving his game on both ends of the court yet still you hear it so much here. It's like appreciate the guy and back him and stop trying to trade him already.

12. bws

bws Member

Think Dwight had anything to do with that? Could be, right?

13. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

lin's mere presence on the court demands defensive attention. bev was wide open for some 3's tonight. credit lin for finding him and credit bev for sinking them. AB's 3s were in rhythm so he was straight beasting...

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Allstar is a little to much, but he has the potential to be a very good player. Allstars are Westbrook(healthy), Parker and Paul.He is probably playing at a tier below those guys. Which is still very good.

15. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I would be dependent on who we can get, if it is for an All-Star I would make a trade with him.

Right now I like what we have, and really am in favor of the Lin/Beverly combo.

16. DL24

DL24 Member

yup...the moral of the story is....play him his regular 30+ minutes and he'll lead the team to a win

17. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Yea. Looks like PB and Lin have formed a great chemistry among themselves.

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

Asik actually had a great game today. Much better than last.

19. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

We don't need to stop the Harden isos. As I posted earlier we need to get some player and ball movement before the iso. Same thing with post-ups, it will make things easier for both guys to score in an iso situation.

20. bws

bws Member

He's 25. I think he'll continue to improve throughout his career. At some point his athleticism will tail off but he's the type of guy to continue to work on his game like Lebron did. He looks to keep identifying weaknesses in his game to improve and works on them during the off-seasons. You'll see that again over the season to off-season regardless of what team he is on and I hope it is the Rockets.