1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I don't think he is a horrible defender, is he good or even above average? no, but as a 6th man he is around the same mark as other backup PG's are with great shooting.

2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Brooks played well but that's a ridiculous post.

I think you're just trying to piss off LOF's, there's no need for that.

3. bws

bws Member

We need Harden. Harden is a great player and a good guy. The team plays differently without him. There's more ball movement and maybe better rotations on defense as well. But the team doesn't have as potent a go-to guy when defenses clamp down as Harden. Lin is still a bit shaky playing that role and really, that's not who he is as a player. If Harden makes some small adjustments to his game, then it'll be a nice compromise to the team ball that we see when he's out and him leading the offense and being so big a part of it when he's in.

4. calcium

calcium Member

I wonder if there is any correlation with Lin being aggressive
    and the number of TOs.

5. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Team wins and we are on page 69 of the game thread.

If this was a loss we'd be un page 120. Lol

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Offensively we don't lose to much as Brooks as a 6th man. Defensively while lin is a better defender both guys are below average. It might be a slight downgrade but whatever we recive in the packiage might offset that.

7. mikster

mikster Rookie

All our players did fairly well aside from AB tonight so there's no one really to bash.

8. KWilson71

KWilson71 Member

I'd love to see AB get more minutes. His shooting ability is awesome off the bench.

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Dosent stop you and you're merry band of LOF's throwing cheap shots Harden's way does it?

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Actually, if you want to get a guy who will make $30 mill over the next two years, you trade Asik and Lin.

11. mikster

mikster Rookie

Why would you wanna trade LIN atm? He's playing above average pg right now. He had 1 bad game a few days ago but that doesn't add up to all the other great games he had this season.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sorry, $40 mill! Max player. "Big three"

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If you want a Big Three. . . .

14. DL24

DL24 Member

Lin was back on track tonight, his performance tonight was more or less his average

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Asik will be gone regardless. Noway Les is going to be paying 8 million for a backup center. And unless Harden gets traded, you don't pay a 6th man 8 million a year. Asik is gone by the deadline and lin no one knows.

16. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

But the cap hit is only half that. Rockets will be up for luxury tax.

17. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I must admit that I was impressed by the rotation and time management of this game. Nobody played an extended longer than 10 minutes stretch. So we can finished the game strong. It shows that Coach McHale can learn. Credit to him tonight. Hopefully, he can improve as well. BTW, I have been very critical to him since last season. But you got to give credit to him :)

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

If he keeps performing like this as a 6th man, no I don't want to trade him.

19. adobo

adobo Member

Good bounce back win. Give our guys credit, the B2B for Twolves is no excuse, most of there starters only played 25 min last game because they blew out there opponents early.

20. rokit

rokit Member

Have you seen the game? Lin played excellent D on KMart.