1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2013.

1. DL24

DL24 Member

I like Harden overall, a very good offensive player, its just the 4th quarter in particular, the rockets simply do not play well with his iso heavy game...can't see how people don't agree with this

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Unfortunately, AB is not so great defensively. But he's got the job done for us in the past. He's as fit as Lin or Bev for some minutes.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Maybe you missed the Denver game and the C's game. Or the first 3 quarters of the Dallas game. Selective memory.

4. mikster

mikster Rookie

Cause Harden claps his hands alot during 4th LOL

5. Neped

Neped Member

Why can't we cut back on Harden's minutes and give them to AB?

6. nono

nono Member

Because he never moves without the ball. He always wants the ball at the top of the key and stays there all game long.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I was really surprised to look over and see you were a 2013'er. jk

8. nono

nono Member

We could really use Brewer. Excellent defender.

9. mikster

mikster Rookie

Nothing against the guy. I like him a lot i'm just saying the obvious.

10. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

Six players in double figures, including all the starters. Good team game, but turnovers are still problematic. Small sample size but Terrence is really looking like the answer at the 4, really hope Morey isn't planning on selling high unless we get a big-time player back. Still questions about McHale's rotations, why are AB, Brewer and DMo deep in the doghouse while Casspi and Garcia are enjoying so much PT. Wish Asik would stay, such a luxury having him as the backup C, but he does deserve more minutes. Even though Lin had a decent game, still needs to get stronger with the ball (seems like every time anyone just touches his arm, he loses the ball) and stop making fundamental PG mistakes, mainly picking up his dribble and going airborne without purpose.

11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

If AB gets more time, it will come from Bev/Lin and players on the bench

12. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

You want a 5'10 dude to guard SG o_O

13. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Yea. Wrong Brewer. But the right Brewer isn't cheap though...

14. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I think Lin always performs well by himself when Harden sits out the games.

15. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

Lin's knot on his head is the new tmac vein.

16. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Okay this blows.....

:( It wasn't on League Pass, sucks working on Saturday

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

Minus the turnovers this was a great game all around. T. Jones looks like he's the real deal. Time will tell. I'll admit I've been an AB fan since his rookie year (I was an undersized PG in school) and I was happy to see him go off tonight and help lead the team to a win.

Hot shooting all around. When that three ball is dropping it makes everything so much easier. What scares me is when it's not dropping. Live by the jumper, die by the jumper. Jones and DH should help there if we keep developing that post play. Good win!

And please stop all the "We lose this game if Harden plays" crap. The dude's hurt, didn't play, and you still have to hate on him? He has his flaws but we need him. Even if you don't like it.

18. The Jabberwock

You are mostly right, but I disagree about Casspi.

1. He did have a bad shooting night, but he only took "good", responsible shots.

2. You may not believe that, but our D against PFs was statistically MUCH better with him.
    In the 16.5 minutes that Omri played, the Wolves got only 4 points COMBINED from Love, Brewer, and Williams!
    That's pretty striking, when you consider Love finished with 27, and Brewer with 22...
    Please check it if you don't believe me.

3. He was Rocket-fast on fastbreaks.

19. Dementium

Dementium Member

Its a valid point. Imagine us doing that with Harden on the court. We would be nigh unstoppable.

But I think we won because of our rebounding advantage. TJones has been really huge.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Your right, he is the quickest on the team. He reminded me of old Brooks tonight. I'm always happy for him when he has a game. I don't know if he is, but he always seems like a nice young man.