1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Lin did a nice job on defense there. Martin had the same number of points as Lin on eight more shots.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

AB is a great scorer if given the chance. The problem is we are stacked at the 1. If Lin and Asik go in a packiage I don't think we lose much with AB.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. DL24

DL24 Member

I didn't wanna harp on this, but we probably would have lost tonight with harden

5. autoprt

autoprt Member

glad we won but still i get worried even with 4 mins to go we were going to lose the lead against a tougher team we would have but glad to see improvement, now we have to play the same way on the road

6. naesoon

naesoon Member

I loved seeing AB play well tonight! I've been feeling sorry for him. However, could it be that no one was really looking to stop him tonight? Anyways, I'm happy for the guy.

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

When a team has their best defender guarding you that literally means respect.

8. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

But Lin played a good defense on him :cool:

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

But it is McHale so you know he won't.

10. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

AB had a great game, but it depends on the situation. He was an advantage because he was quicker than the player guarding him. He easily blew by Rubio. Also, he was ready to play and had a hot shooting night. But, he's too small to play defense against most PGs in the league. In addition, his playmaking is suspect at best.

11. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Brooks was always offensive minded. He's explosive and can score in bunches. His problem is at the defensive end. And well, I watched him play for several years and his playmaking is below average. Even then, its the defense that will hold him back.

12. Champ06

Champ06 Member

LOL!! Lin can be the 2nd PG off the bench after Brook

13. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Correction Aaron Brooks leads Rockets to comfortable (kinda) victory.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Bev is there for defense. Not AB. AB is there for offense as a super-sub.

15. yummyhawtsauce

You have a right to be worried - Wolves missed a lot of open shots tonight and didn't take advantage of the TOs.

16. bws

bws Member

A few things. Lin showed he can play defense tonight. He played Martin pretty well. Martin got 19 points, but Lin made him earn most of his shots and he made Martin uncomfortable. Lin scored 10 points in the 4th quarter. And for the game, Lin went to the line 8 times which is good. Lin also loves to assist Beverley and recognized Bev's shot was falling and it's great to see Bev's shot falling. Lin's shot is OK, he hit enough shots but he's in a bit of a shooting funk. Brooks was the x-factor tonight. Guy was feeling it, despite the TOs handled the ball pretty well, shot lights out, had some nice assists as well and even played OK defense. For Jones, another excellent all-around game. The negatives are again Garcia did nothing, Parsons was sloppy but most of the team was, Casspi sometimes tries to do too much. Sometimes the Rockets fought each other for rebounds, so better communication is still needed. Loved the balanced scoring and good defense through most of the game. This was a really good win.

17. rocketblood713

Rockets win who fault is it McHale ???

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Brooks played great tonight but I think you have Him confused with Lin and Harden. Lin is the best shooting guard on the Rockets and can get to the rim 2nd best after Harden.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I like how D-Mo was given his 'Time to shine'…1:20 left in the game.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

So far McHale > Ad......McHale won by default with great plays by his guards.