1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/11/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2004.

1. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Mo and boki should be ready for every game. If they play with this intensity every game with Yao and tmac than we will be the champs for sure>>>>

2. WinknCatForever

Hooray, hooray for Rockets2K and Vengeance! Where would us fans be without you guys, thanks again! BTW, your server speeds are blazing fast, Vengeance!

3. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Glad to hear that it's going well. I can't really tell since I'm like right next to it. I'm a bit nervous about this server because It's only been up a week, but I think it'll handle the load better than my regular one which is now a paperweight.

Just looked through the logs and a few things stand out to me . . .

1. Too many IE users. In future, there may be annoying pop-ups for you . . .

2. Why in the world are most of my referrals from hoopchina.com?!?? Does word travel that quickly?

#284 Vengeance, Nov 12, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  5. WinknCatForever

Loved the Rudy T segment, it actually brought tears to my eyes. I wish him the best in life. Is this the same tribute video that is going to be played the night we play the Lakers? Anybody know?

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

after tonight, Nachbar is #2 in 3pt FG% with a blistering 70% (up from 66.7%). Granted, its 7/10, but keep that 3pt shooting euro stereotype coming! and thank goodness too because we need this in order for our inside-out to work.

in other related news, mo set a career high for number of 3ptrs made (2).

#286 nyquil82, Nov 12, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  7. jlwee

jlwee Member

oh... i hope no. after yao watches the segment he will play passively against rudy's fakers....

8. leihuang

leihuang Member

9. prlen

prlen Member

10. jlwee

jlwee Member

from the above pic from chron, you can see ervin 'the gay' johnson is grabbin yao's hand,.... no foul called :(

11. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

It probably got reposted on that board, and was hit up a bunch. You know the other day, I saw one of R2K's yousendit links for a Yao dunk on the Yao ming mania board and I replied that I didn't think it was cool to repost the link like that because the yousendit links are so temporary. It turns out that he actually found the link on the ESPN boards and reposted it there. So yeah, these links really go around the horn in a hurry.

12. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

looking at that kg fall, i can't even figure out how that happened, didn't look like a typical ankle breaker.

13. prlen

prlen Member

Thx alot .....r2k Vengeance m_cable ......

14. rocketfan.china

Thank u Rockets2K , good job! Could u provide more clips like that?

15. rocketfan.china

Also thank u Vengeance! u rock:cool:

16. montevideo

montevideo Contributing Member

Both Mo and JJ do not look for Boki - I don't think it's on purpose - plays are not called for him - they are regular starters and trying to contribute - neither see the floor well anyway.

Also - JJ really over did it on the last play - I reviewed in slowmo on dvr you can see why ref called the foul - it was a hard block - but that move was to get Boki an open shot.

17. HoustonForever

Maybe Yao should start wiping guys out with his elbows a la Malone.

18. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Have to share this one. ;)

[​IMG]

19. WinknCatForever

Jeff Van Gundy was pleased with Yao's aggression. Check out his quote:

After Houston fell behind by 13 in the first half, Yao took control late, demanding the ball down low and making strong moves to the hoop to draw fouls. He took 16 free throws, making 13.

"He just played a little tired, but I thought he was very assertive offensively," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "Getting to the free-throw line 16 times is a great accomplishment, could have probably been there a little more even."

Early in the fourth, Yao spun around Ervin Johnson on the baseline and threw down a two-handed slam to give the Rockets a 76-73 lead.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/11/12/timberwolves.rockets.ap/

20. droxford

droxford Member