1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/11/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2004.

1. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

2. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Great 4th quarter for Yao. But in order for the Rockets to become an elite team, he needs to have four great quarters each game.

3. dabien1

dabien1 Member

i think he's trying to avoid foul trouble early so that he can last all 4 quarters and turn on the aggression in the second half

4. walterw

walterw Member

I am not impressed by this Twolves team. They lost to a struggling Denver team and a depleted Pacers. They almot got beat by Rockets without Tmac.

On the last Twoles position, IMO, we should have Yao guard KG on the perimeter and Deke defends the paint. Yao would bother KG if he decided to take long jumper. Deke might block him if he took the ball inside.

Lue and Ward needs to practice hard on making those open shots. Sam outscored both of them combined.

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Yeah I saw that too!! I was raving mad :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Great game by the rockets, we are improving every game which shows signs of becomming a very consistant team. I'm seeing more familiarty on the court with the passes and where the players like to catch the ball.. much much different than last year, did you see how ward/lue pushed the ball up almost every play? we got past half court with 20 secs left a few times. Yao played aggressive and like the way everyone wants him to, in the 2nd half. If yao could be that aggressive both halves we could be unstoppable with a healthy, explosive, and playmaking t-mac... I had some doubt if Yao would ever play like he did in the 2nd half, I knew he could but not sure if he would ;) This is the first time i've felt this good after a loss in awhile. Let's hope t-mac gets back for the lakers, but how this team is playing I'm not too worried if t-mac is out again. I can't believe i just said that.

7. mycatuity

mycatuity Member

check his betting history to see if he had money on timberwolves tonight.

8. hnjjz

hnjjz Member

[​IMG]

Check out Yao's arm:eek:

9. crazyguypete

crazyguypete Member

on that pic above notice where Olowokandi's hand is on Yao and Yao's facial expression........ I think Yao just got molested.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

In the picture, Yao went painfully mad. :D

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

OK guys.....same as last game.....these are posted via yousendit...if you download...please repost morel inks since the original one is limited to 11 downloads...or unless someone with a lot of bandwidth will host these....

both great drives and dunks by Yao in the 4th quarter...

first one
    [download limit reached]

second one

[downlod limit reached]

enjoy! these are truely great plays.....lets all hope that Yao starts doing this on a regular basis.

#251 Rockets2K, Nov 11, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  12. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

Our guys never give up. They fought real hard to give themselves a chance to win. Even we lost the game, I still think it is a good game and good effort from the whole team. Good job, Rockets.

13. because24

because24 Member

Yao looks scared.

14. prlen

prlen Member

File Transfer: Unavailable

15. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2004111110

Leaning back in a chair after the game, Griffin looked more relaxed and peaceful than he ever did during his two turbulent seasons with the Rockets.

He even wondered if his career might have taken a different turn in Houston had he played with veterans such as Garnett and Sam Cassell earlier in his career.

``Everybody is responsible for their own actions,'' Griffin said. ``But I think that if there were more veterans, like these guys, that maybe it would have been a better situation.''

------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF......I have decided to HATE EG from now on. :mad:

16. pilipala

pilipala Member

What a pity that we lost such a close game. Anyway I am happy to see rox's improvement as a new team than last season. Boki was doing pretty well while he was on the court .He can score ,play good def and do some foul to cover the team. Although we lost this game, never mind, we coul beat them at their home with a health T-MAC. Just image that:Tim Duncun could say he can definitely win Wolves without Manu.
    lets go rox beat la

17. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Ive been behind Eddie the whole time but WTF?? What would Sam or KG have done to keep him from shooting at a women? jump in front of the bullet??? kick the gun out of his hand??? WHAT??

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

People that downloaded are supposed to reupp to keep the download alive. Someone please reupp. www.yousendit.com

If it took you one minute to download, it will probably take you 5 minutes to upload.

BTW: 9 minutes from the posting until the files are unavailable. :eek:
    It almost makes me wonder if some jackass is removing the files for some reason.

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

20. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Dude you can't think of it like that! Ok so what if we didn't draft Griffin and we got those 3 first round picks. I'm sure one of them would probably be wasted on some white guy we've never heard of. But anyways, If we had those 3 1st rounders....do you think we would've gotten the #1 pick the following year? Meaning we wouldn't have gotten Yao. Like they say...hindsight is 20/20.