1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 11/11/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Oy...that was unfortunate. Regardless, I'm impressed with what I see. We didn't have McGrady, and Yao demonstrated clutchness and the ability to get aggresive when he needs to.

2. surrender

surrender Member

Hassell also backed into him

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

That's got to be the stupidest finish to an awesome game I've ever seen. That ref needs to get gutshot.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Pathetic. To take the game out of the hands of the players like that is inexcusable.

And if that's Jack Nece or whatever the hell is name is...yeah, he's always bad news for us.

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Both teams had been bumping into eachother like that all game. BS call I think, especially when the game is on the line. Even so minus that call I'm impressed by the Rockets play tonight. Yao stepped up, and the next time we meet, we should hopefully have a healthy T-Mac to help take down the T-Wolves. Impressive effort. Dissapointing ending. But we'll get them next time. Atleast we had this kind of game at the beginning of the season and not towards the end where it could've proven to be more crucial.

6. patlabor1

patlabor1 Member

I'm proud of the effort tonight. I thought for sure this game was a wash.

I thought we would have gotten blown out by this tough KG team and Yao would dissappear but wow we can actually have game even without T-Mac. This can be a turnaround game in terms of the team building confidence in each other and Yao picking it up when he was needed.

With T-mac back skys the limit .. .. ..

with a couple ofadditions.

7. J-Baller

J-Baller Member

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I agree. You can't really get too mad after that game. The Rockets looked pretty damn good, and without T-Mac.

9. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

AGREED!!!

Tonite's game was VERY encouraging. Gotta love the fight with our Rockets. With T-Mac, we're over the hump. For us to make this such a close game with one of our superstars missing is a great statement. And what a close game it was.

:D

theSAGE

10. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

**** you kg

and **** you jack nece

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Charlie Lue/Tyronn Ward:

13 assists, 1 TO

Nicely done.

12. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Great game. We got hosed on that last call. Didn't even have a shot to tie the game. BS Foul, but there was no guarantee that we make the 3 anyway....

Boki would have had a wide open 3 though...:mad:

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Wolves were going to get the calls on their court but I'm proud of our guys tonight. We could have won with a fit T-Mac. Seeing him on the bench gives me hope that he will be back soon.
    I only wish that Ming had fought harder earlier in the game.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Great game by the Rockets. I honestly thought we'd lose by at least 10-12 points. The team played toe-to-toe with one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the league even when they didn't have TMac and Yao was off early. We were still in the game and almost won it...

LOVE ME SOME ROCKETS!!!!

15. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

We could have won this game.

TRADE Yao, he's stinking up the joint. Trade JJ, Doofus cost us the game. Trade Boki, just for being WHITE. Better yet, TRADE EVERYONE.

16. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

KG: 20pts, 17rebs, 9asts. That is way too strong!

17. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Man, ain't that a difference.

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

bull****. give me the last time that call has ever been made and i'll call it unfortunate and not the complete bull**** it was. that was a joke of a call. with the norm in the final seconds being no blood no foul that is a ridiculous call. my guess is even minnesota fans couldn't believe a call was made. absolutely atrocious. that ref should receive some sort of punishment (whatever the nba does for bad calls in private). just terrible. i mean, everyone paid good money to see the ref wave his hands and call fouls i guess. not to see last second shots.

maybe if wally is called for that blatant travel a few minutes before this wouldn't be so bad.

or maybe if mo doesn't get a steal after ward or lue knocks it from cassell and then proceed to stare right at cassell as he pokes it back away. i mean he's on the sideline, shouldn't be dribbling, won't pick up his dribble and pass, and sees the guy behind him and just lets him poke it away. amazing. and then he gets by kg later and instead of scooping it under for the layup tries a hook way above his head which garnett was obviously going to block. lets see, you have kg beat, what to do? hold it above and behind your head where he can recover and get it easily or scoop in a layup. tough call mo.

oh, and watching nba players down by more than 3 with a few seconds left is one of the guilty pleasures of life. 8 seconds left, we're down 5. no real chance to come back but a 3, foul, and miracle 3 would at least give us our only chance. so what does ward do? dribble up slowly, turn and look for someone instead of just shooting, and then when boki gets it, does he launch a 3? of course not, a pump fake and an even tougher 2 is the way to go. buzzer sounds. brilliant execution. it's as if they never learned any sort of math or situational thinking. pathetic. and this happens all over the nba and college. people refusing to take a 3 and actually try to win a game and instead try to set up a play with no time left for no reason. it boggles the mind.

19. patlabor1

patlabor1 Member

Yeah we would have all loved that but Olowokandi was fronting him like mad with Garnet cheating, but that isn't a major excuse for lack of show, but the point is he made the necessary adjustments within the game where last season he would have given up on this game.

Very good sign for me, it took him all the way mid season after the Celtic Benching that turned him around to average those over 20 and 10 games, now he is starting the push early on the season which is fantastic if your a rox fan.

20. dabien1

dabien1 Member

hope you're just bein sarcastic :rolleyes: