1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 1/13/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2016.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Turn the corner? I don't know. But I think we are taking a wide curve to getting it turned around. There is more effort lately. More diving for balls. More hustle trying to get to 50/50. But Harden's stroke isn't there yet. His turnovers are still sloppy. He just is not as sharp as last year. I would love to know why and if it is correctable this year. I think we also need to make sure Thornton continues to get some minutes. 18-20 so he can get his stroke going. Man that dude can light it up when he is on.

Finally I think we could still benefit from a back to the basket post up man. DMO is valuable in this capacity if he can regain his form last year. For spacing and inside out we need to have the ability to post up here and there with some degree of consistent success. I think D12 has been bringing it lately, but he will just not be a consistent back to the basket post up threat night in and night out. All in all. I don't know if we can make a HUGE push and get up to the third seed. Would love to see that. If not I am not sure I want 4th seed for a Warrior meeting in the 2nd round (assuming we survive the first round). I certainly do not want the 5th seed in that case. Go for seed 6 and hope to make it back to the WCF.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

The Rockets point differential is -0.9. The Wolves point differential is -4.0. So on average the Rockets should beat the Wolves by about 2-3 points, and that's exactly what happened.

This was not an underachieving performance. This is who we are.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not acceptable... more acceptable -- I want GS to lose games.

If Rockets lose to CLE coming off playing SA the night before, it's a BAD LOSS.. no matter how close.

Decent point... consider the season subpar and underachieving

#583 Houstunna, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Biggest difference is that we're consistently creating turnovers & finishing on fast breaks.

Also, I love Tjones when he's confident, totally different player.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No one can say the schedule is what killed the Rockets this season. Rockets had a cupcake schedule to start. Could have easily built a nice record. Then, on top of that, most (if not all) of the Rockets' "toughest" competition were playing the Rockets on the second night of a back to back.

What a miserable wasted season.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The rocksts just need to peak in the 2nd half of the season and heading into the playoffs.

This is the same team that went to the WCF with added help. If we peak at the right time I think we can beat any team in the playoffs outside of GS. For some reason they just have our number no matter what but they are very good so nothing to be ashamed about.

7. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

Please take Capela out. He's playing like **** right now. Worst game he has played as a Rocket

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member