1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 9/2/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 1, 2020.

1. amaru

amaru Member

More like 6'8" but point taken.

D-rock, GotGame15, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is something rockets do time and time again counting on the refs to bail them out when in possession of the ball...eg the famous boston game..if you have the ball in the clutch you don't flop or fall or count on the refs to do the right thing, you avoid going into the risky situation alltogether because if the whistles are silent player who had the ball has to lose everything and defensive player nothing if the whistle is sounded...ya know what i mean

D-rock and STR8Thugg like this.
  3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Where can I go to see salty reactions from OKC fans? It's so hard to find quality fan sites for other teams...

D-rock, BigMaloe, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  4. elvis

elvis Member

I’m right there with you. Took six beers to make it through the game. But I’m feeling no pain. What a game. What a great win.

D-rock, BigMaloe, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  5. MystikArkitect

If he ever gets a reliable 3 pt shot some team is going to be lucky to pay him because OKC won't.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Part of that could be due to Harden shooting less 3 point foul shots. He doesn't try to bait those shots as much in the playoffs (because refs aren't consistent and the rule book apparently changes once playoffs start).

D-rock likes this.
  7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Bro, you hit the nail on the head with this. For him being such a HOF point guard it is a huge joke the way he is with his antics. I honestly believe he would have won a championship by now if he didn't piss off the refs so much with his whining and flopping.

And THEN when he hit a deep three over Covington in game 6 and slapped him on the butt running back on defense... bro... Don't do that man. You're not my homie. That's something you do if it's your buddy Lebron not someone you don't know. Anyway, Covington is a chill dude.. Respect to him. He came out in game 7 and was a huge X factor.

Obviously when Paul was a Rocket I cheered for him but I wasn't oblivious to his antics. I have good memories of him as a Rocket as well but I just can't root for the guy.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tell it to Toronto and Milwaukee.

RayRay10 and htwnbandit like this.
  9. elvis

elvis Member

You said it Brother. What a game.

D-rock, hakeem94 and htwnbandit like this.
  10. elvis

elvis Member

Sweet.

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Feels good waking up after that win.

D-rock, bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Chris Paul is fake... a manipulator... he’s the type of guy who acts like he’s your friend on the team and then talks **** behind your back trying to get others to side with you. That’s why he had problems with the clippers and that’s why he couldn’t play with James... he’s fake,a punk. He disrespects ppl. Wants to be the man. I used to love him when he played with us but have lost all respect for him...

RayRay10 and htownrox1 like this.
  13. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

Can we start game thread for Game 1 against Lakers already. I’m done with this series, I’m hype for the next one.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. MystikArkitect

This could not be more accurate.

15. SuraGotMadHops

No doubt in my mind Harden's block was a game saver, a series saver, and a franchise saver. This club would not have recovered from losing to OKC in the first round, it would've been the ultimate backfire on the Russ trade, and DM could've been on his way out.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, what was the foul call on Harden coming out of the timeout? Was it him having his arm wrapped around CP3's waist?

I'm just thankful it wasn't a 2 FT shot foul because I had no idea about the rule saying it was 1 FT shot and the ball. Sigh of relief.

You know...I had to play catch up on the game as I was behind watching it. I saw some early reaction here saying "we won" (after James made that defensive play). I had no idea I would then be watching 2.1 seconds of pure hell after that and I was starting to think that "we lost" during all that. I was about to crap my pants.

RayRay10, jcmoon and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

And to throw shade...well, let me back up... To launch a complete drive-by assault on Harden after game 6... Chris, you know who isn't made for that? The guy that in the last 2 mins who had a turnover, a bricked, wide-open, 8 foot jumper in the lane, the guy who didn't have the coconuts to take a FT and watched his teammate brick it, and the guy that didn't even get the ball on the last possession.

Harden has his many faults, but don't go spraying your ex-teammate like that and follow it up with that meltdown in the last 2 mins. He can stare his ass all the way to the exit sign.

D-rock, joshuaao, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HP3, D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm going to start calling PJ Tucker PB-and-J after that smooth as butter shot he made when he passed up that 3 pointer. That shot saved our season. Thank God he didn't just clank another 3 off the rim cause that corner 3 wasn't working for him last night. I'm glad he recognized that and made an adjustment when we just needed a bucket. That wasn't an easy mid-range shot but it glided through with a beautiful swish that lit up the universe!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Harden had a couple of mid-range shots from various spots added to his repertoire, it would benefit him greatly to go to those shots when his 3 point shot isn't falling and when getting to the rim is difficult. There's no reason he shouldn't have a couple of mid-range shots. It's not like he isn't good enough.

20. Rocketeer4Life

Rockets would've been the laughing stock if they lost and Dort was the MVP of the game :D

hakeem94 likes this.