1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 9/2/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 1, 2020.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

True. We would have won by 1.

2. STR8Thugg

If you haven't figured out that dude is a clown yet, well there you go. Shoot, I hate to be this guy but all you have to do is take one look at his profile pic and you can tell he doesn't know a lick about basketball.

BigM likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

I did not watch this game until the 4th quarter, and all I got to say is Rockets games aren’t good for my health

I swear on everything, if the Rockets had lost this game, especially with some dude named Dort dropping the fakest 30 points in NBA history while Harden was struggling offensively, all Rockets gear and paraphernalia was immediately getting tossed in the trash, and I would’ve went on a very long hiatus...the embarrassment would’ve been too much to take

I would not be able to show my face in public as a Rockets fan for years to come

Speaking of Harden, what a block!

Covington was phenomenal the last 3 games.

somebody needs to check Scott Foster’s domestic and possible offshore bank accounts as well as his call logs before and after the game. His incompetence was unreal.

on to the Lakers

4. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I still can't believe it came to that. It took a horrible Harden shooting night, a once in a lifetime Dort offensive outburst, 2 b2b Chris Paul 3s (again), and once again having more fouls and less FTs to get there.

But then Harden raised up and got that block, and we kept them from making a play on the last possession, and its hard to be mad.

I had to get pretty drunk to deal with that game lol. Glad I'm off today (for separate reasons, but yay for no headache at work). For as much as the Warriors and Clippers game 7s were tough as well, I dont know if Ive cared more (or been more anxious about) a game 7 since the Jazz in 07. Freaking first round series, but if we lost to OKC I was going to lose it for just a little while hahha.

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Lol I feel this way all the time.

Rocket River and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

After what I witnessed in the last few minutes of that game you can’t tell me the refs favored us at all. Scott Foster be calling fouls with X-ray vision through 10 players across the court. Our superstar can’t even get calls vs a rookie. And that last foul? CP3 didn’t even move, Harden had his hand there but was he even impeding any progress.

Gallinari was clearly still moving. Not sure what they saw there. PJ takes a charge it’s a no call and they give Thunder and 1. No consistency. League is a damn joke. We have no chance against the Fakers unless we can hit 25 threes a night.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

the thing I love most after our switch to 24/7 small ball is the constant hustle and intensity shown on the defensive end

Y’all remember our best defensive stretches against GS in the 2018 WCF? That’s how this team looked for a lot of this series

one thing I’ve thought for awhile is that Harden does kind of miss a big man roller...it gives him more options on the drive other than score or kick out for a three...the lob and floater were always easy buckets the Rockets could get multiple times a game, but they have both been eliminated...oh well, the tradeoff has been made, and with defense like this, I can’t complain

offensively, the Rockets have been mediocre, especially for their standards since the trade, but on defense, hide ya kids, hide ya wife, because this defense is a scary sight

8. STR8Thugg

I'll always have some fond memories of Paul as a Rocket (and some bitter resentment over injuries), but it's not hard to remember why I couldn't stand that clown pre (and post) Rockets.

For someone that is such a great true PG, he is a joke with his outrageous flopping and theatrics. It's downright criminal.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"HOW SWEET IT IS!!!"

First Lou Dort is a stud. I tried to hate him. He's going to be good for a long time. OKC in general were a hybrid team that not only could run small ball, but had some size to mix up the tempo on the Rockets, they were better than I gave them credit for but FK CHRIS PAUL and anybody who rides with him. "durr durr clutch people have it in der genes durrr" .. he'll find himself on the Lakers next year and I'll hate him even more. Fraud ass wanna be tough guy. Game 7 last night?? MINUS FIVE!!! (James Harden and his "shitty" game?? PLUS NINE)

"DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Wow. Just wow. All you Harden Haters. ALL OF YOU. EAD. Straight up. Take your game 7 crybaby stats and feelings and go sit in the corner, no more bandwagon ride for you. James Harden possibly won that game last night WITH A BLOCKED SHOT - A BEAUTIFUL HIGH FLYING BLOCKED SHOT ON THE HOTTEST PLAYER IN THE GYM!. Suck on that for a while. Rockets won that game not by Harden Heroics as usual, but by coming together as a team and buying in on defense and outworking the Thunder.

The Rockets lost the FT battle, The rebound battle, the FG% and 3PTFG% battle, They lost the assists battle, The points in the paint battle, it was crazy the ROX forced 22 turnovers, blocked 7 shots and stole the ball 11 times. Only converted 12 points off those turnovers while the Thunder pumped in 28 off of 12 Houston turnovers! WILD!!

How many thought the fix was in at the end when they kept adding time to the clock and calling phantom BS whistles??? Im used to bad refereeing but that was some next level stuff.

Lets run the Lakers off the court.

10. Mr. Space City

I felt so good this morning I paid for someone’s Shipley’s behind me :)

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Post Of The Summer nominee right here

preach bro, preach

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

amen brotha! Damn straight on all points! Forget cp3 and all the damn fake fans on this board along with him.

cant believe I have to hear our own fans critisize our own team after we win.

nba is a joke. Damn straight. Bought out phonies

RayRay10 and Verbal Christ like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

Second round in CP3s case

14. amaru

amaru Member

Dort is a stud. If he ever gets a reliable 3pt shot he's going to be an extremely valuable player. I like his confidence.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I almost did not even watch the game the stakes were so high.

clos4life, bro2044, amaru and 2 others like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

do it again before the lakers game!
    last night before the game i sweared to my buddies i am putting 10 nets on netless baskets in the hood...

RayRay10, Mr. Space City and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

man, most than anything he misses the midrange...it gives him multiple options, variety , unpredictabily....and he can get it whenever he wants... whats wrong with that man?! is he keeping it as a surprise weapon for the finals?
    it was a killer weapon , you just don't give up on such a weapon neutering your own self for no good reason

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Just glad the Rockets avoided the most embarrassing possible outcome of the season by the thinnest of margins. Just did enough to squeak by.

19. Mr. Space City

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am still scratching my head at robert covington missed layup just before that benny hill sequence.... he got a key offensive rebound and the easiest shot in basketball he missed..... and hes a 7 footer...SMH....i now have a licence to miss any shot i like and not be tough on myself

Hakeemtheking likes this.