1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 9/2/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 1, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think this could be likely not really due to anything valid but because I don't think Tillman really truly cares for him anyways, and probably wants his own guy running the show. He's been cordial in the public because he knows how popular Morey is, but he'd throw him under the bus first chance he gets no doubt.

And honestly I think Morey would welcome it more than some might think. The guy has more to offer than just GM of the Rockets. I think there are big things ahead for Morey. Not sure exactly what, but the guy probably has bigger ambitions even though I know it'll kill him that he never won a title with the Rockets since this was his passion for so many years.

RayRay10 and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He can leave with his head held high knowing he tried to move heaven and earth and exerted every avenue possible to bring a championship it just hasn’t happened and that’s unfortunate.

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Is this a joke?

The teams he has lost to had 4-5 all stars and was an all time great, maybe greatest, team. Dwight? Seriously? And the Westbrook he has in these playoffs has been a negative. He’s been an one man show these playoffs and delivered besides inexplicably getting the ball taken out of his hands at the end of the last game.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not a failure yet. Our championship team in 95 was pushed to the brink in the first round. Just enjoy the ride. I have confidence we will advance.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

There this gut feeling i dont like where okc will have us close and Paul will put the nail in the coffin sending houston out of the bubble.
    If they lose to okc i think im done with this team. Because they have no money for free agents, and they cant even get pass a rebuild Cp3 team.

CK Johnson likes this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Okc had the same record as the Rockets in the regular season. They are not playing an 8 seed. The Rockets were without their second best player for 4 games and a shell of him for 2. How does this prove anything?

With that said they have still shown they were the superior team that should’ve won the series already, THANKS to their style of play which has stifled okc’s offense. If they end in losing it will be the result of massive coaching blunders in game 3 and 6, and a gimpy Westbrook that came back and hurt the team, DESPITE the style of play that got them here.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

OKC 147, HOU 96

Lol edit, now I see you already answered :D

D-rock likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

But .. But ... Warriors Dynasty? The Heatles? Boston Big 3?

All it takes is ONE secondary "star" ??

Dont let Kawhi fool you.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

Do people not understand when you launch 50+ threes that you drive less thus less FTs? As much as we've been driving more than during the regular season, it does not change the fact we shoot a lot of outside shots compared to OKC. Combine this with our tendency to reach, swipe at the ball, try to get steals - as a strategy - and have shown to be undisciplined probably due to being undersized at almost every position and it's not that shocking.

fryjol7 and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Asian Sensation

Don’t make me bump that “Trade Harden thread”.

11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

So....

The Rockets always do the opposite of what my gut expects. If I think they have pulled sht together and should win, they play horribly. If I am down on them and think that they'll get crushed, they play incredibly well.

My gut says we're losing this, because the narrative and irony surrounding it all is too perfect, Scott Foster is reffing, Harden has never, ever shown he can be the one we can count on in closeout games, and just because I don't remember the last time I felt confident in a Game 7.

Let's hope my gut is again wrong!

Houston is more talented, has had FT disparity and down every game, and Gordon/Rivers have been shooting pretty terribly to this point. We need this to go right, and badly. I will be watching and rooting, because I know its absolutely possible that not only could we win, but we can do it in convincing fashion.

Now, with that said, if we lose this then I may just be finally giving in and giving up on the Harden era. No its not all on him, he's outstanding and incredibly talented (in a legendary way almost), and coaching, management, injuries, and role players absolutely play their parts in all of this, BUT...

If he starts shooting a bunch of stepback 3s, not demanding the ball in crunchtime, not aggressively attempting to free himself up to get the ball in our half halfcourt, slowly bringing the ball up in dire situations, etc, then I am done. Then f 2020 fully and a Harden-led squad will truly go nowhere.

We are the better team, and we should win this.

#231 bro2044, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    fryjol7 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. HardenVolumeOne

you bump it every year and harden is still a rocket the next season lol

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

That's not a score prediction. It's the FT disparity...

bro2044 likes this.
  14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Lol

15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Rockets shot a lot of 3s during the year, and were one the league leaders in FTs.

joshuaao likes this.
  16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't think my heart could handle losing to OKC tonight. Knowing what we traded for Westbrook and how light our war chest is going forward as a result, losing to a team we traded CP3 to would just be the worst.

HP3 and bro2044 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

if we lose, so be it. We are just not good enough. I am cool with that. Our goal was to make out western conference and have a chance at the championship. I don’t agree that we will fire sale everyone including Harden this offseason. We will have a new coach and new system. Harden is still in his prime. Unless he wants out, we keep him for the new direction.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. macan

macan Member

bring those old headband crews back: Brewer and Josh Smith for game 7. pretty sure Chris Paul would throw up a little when he sees them headband crews on the floor. They killed CP with his clippers team back in the days.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.