1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 5/3/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2013.

1. Rocket_Man_2.0

The beginning of the 4th...when Mchale went with the scrub lineup..THAT'S when it fell apart. if you have the momentum you ride it. You don't switch to scrubs!!Terrible Terrible Terrible!:rolleyes:

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I think Bev was in foul trouble, McHale wanted to give players rests, and Brooks didn't look too good guarding Reggie Jackson probably lead made McHale give more minutes to lin than he wanted to.

The major reason the Rockets loss was their whole game plan the past couple of games was to let anyone else beat them except Durant and it finally backfired on them because Kevin Martin, Jackson, and Fisher stepped up.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Salute to the @<a href="https://twitter.com/houstonrockets">houstonrockets</a> for a great season! <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23rednation">#rednation</a></p>&mdash; Bun B (@BunBTrillOG) <a href="https://twitter.com/BunBTrillOG/status/330542021397864448">May 4, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. kastuul

kastuul Member

We should give McHale a year to develop the young PF and Center.
    And we have cap space.

Delfino out really hurt.
    We should keep Gracia and Delfino.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

at least the refs called a good game.

6. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Yeah, whoever won this series would probably get swept by Memphis.

7. BaconAndEggs

BaconAndEggs Member

:eek:

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The way those two are playing the thunder might get lucky to sneak out 1 win.

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I'm sure you are right....McHale knows Harden has all the strings so there's not much he can do as a coach...if you want to keep your job. Harden is here to still until his contract is up....if he turns into a bonafide superstar Houston won't do anything....if he turns to be bust no one will want to take his max contract...

10. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

It was a hard fought game and a disappointing 4th qtr, but the Rockets have a bright future and will only get better. Looking forward to next season... and seeing that floppy a-hole fisher retire.

11. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Haven't felt this optimistic after loosing a playoff series since '92-'93 to the Sonics.

We're only going to get better.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No because if Lin would have showed up y'all would have tried to make him God and the team should have kept playing brooks because that rotation was getting us wins. The intensity of the playoffs is too big for Lin. I won't be surprised if he's hurt again around this time next year and I don't want him to be. Otherwise I love the rockets good year and I'm proud of them.

13. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Lin
    1Q comes in at 2:32 , rox up 7

Harden 1TO
    Parsons 3TO
    LIn got blocked

2Q Lin comes out at 9:52 down 2

Lin comes back in at 2:54 in the 2Q down 9

Down 4 at Half

Lin comes in up 2 at 3:45 in the 3Q

Harden 1TO
    Parsons 1TO
    Lin 1 TO

Lin comes out at 9:50 down 9 in 4Q

Lin 1/4 3 points /Gave up 6 points /13 Min

Bev 4/11 8 points/ Gave up 17 points / 32min

Brooks 2/3 4 points/ Gave up 7 points / 10 min.

14. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

The Coach himself is almost a newbie, how do you expect an NBA team, let alone the superstars to listen to what he says ?
    Harden just straight out ignores him yelling in his face.

15. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Congrats to the Houston Rockets for a great season. I couldn't be more proud of this team right now. We are a team on the rise from here on out and I can't wait for this offseason, next season, and future seasons to come. I'm very proud of this whole organization. Go Rednation! Go Rockets!

16. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

As an assistant coach sure...McHale can take his time to develop TJ, Dmo and TRob.

17. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

To see how exciting this team is, I hope the Comcast situation gets solved So that I can see my Rockets game. A successful season means more leverage for Comcast. **** Comcast

18. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Can't blame one single player. We're not good at closing games, unless we have a big lead. Looking forward to Morey's off season trades and next year.

How can all 3 of our PG's only have 1 assist (belongs to Brooks) between them?

19. BaconAndEggs

BaconAndEggs Member

Cause you're suppose to respect HOFers!

20. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

With the way Beverley played, you cannot justify paying Lin 24 million. Lin is at least, expendable.

I like Lin, but Beverley has proven himself this playoff series.