1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/7/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2018.

1. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Some of the fans are here are overreacting.... the 3 teams that where "required" to win did win. Do you think GSW or Portland are in self destruct after a loss? Gtfo this game was a test for us. We are ready this loss doesn't seal our fate. Some fans here are hot and cold on a game by game or even worse a play by play basis. P.O. cant start soon enough.

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

You're right, you caught me in my frustrated exagerration. Congrats, it was really just all 2nd half (and a large majority of possessions for weeks).

cerophilik likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Again.... teams have done this all season and have been burned most the time. This isn’t some new strategy.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

okc was gifted every possible 50/50 call and then some to make sure the league gets it's playoff tv ratings. 33 FTA's lol

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

We didn't get any calls that's for sure. Nene...sorry but we take a huge hit when he is in there....offensively he's taking up space on the floor. ..that's all. He's old and plays old....not so much last year but definitely this year. How many times did they come up with a rebound (over the back quite a bit for sure). My first though was what people say here ...ABC,ESPN aren't good luck charms for us.

bro2044 likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This comment is dumb af.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Fixed game. Let's mov eon

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Gerald Green was a -19 and Joe Johnson was a -11. Clearly Gordon and Anderson will be needed in the playoffs. Green much better in his role as the 8th/9th guy off the bench.

bro2044 and ak99999 like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We played sloppily, we played stupid, we tried to be fancy instead of smart, we did not compete on an elite level and haven't been doing that since we clinched.

Hopefully we can finish strong, but right now we are developing some very worrying habits.

DD

deb4rockets, hibbetts and bro2044 like this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I want OKC in the playoffs, I just don't want to play them early. I think they are the most dangerous team besides Houston and GS. I want them to knock out G.S. or S.A. When their big three is cooking, they are scary. Harden still worries me, because when other teams really squeeze him he goes spastic. I despise Cory Brewer. I think he was purposely trying to rough up Harden.

Rocket River and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. rocketsmetalspd

Can't wait for the playoffs to start. These games mean nothing. Not having a full roster till the playoffs will be a sight to see. Go Rockets!!

12. farhen

farhen Member

we were missing ryno & gordon on this one, plus their big 3 scores 20+ points.. in the end who cares this is reg. season

bro2044 and Fulgore like this.
  13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

We're fans, not the team.

We don't have to chill, that's their job.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Time to rest just about everybody. It clear to me players are just tired from a 8th game season. They need a reboot vs. playing to keep sharp.

Alternate rest and practice for all starters. Especially Harden and the team needs practice against double teams and hard one on one defenses -- need to setup better screens to free him up.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

Missing two 3-point shooters is big, especially Gordon, who can get you 20-25 points at any given time.

jojolover and Rox Addict like this.
  16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

It is good to keep pecilian as 5th, spurs as 6th, thunder as 7th and wolves as 8th. I hope jazz can beat portland and get the 3rd.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

His arms were outstretched harden absorbs the contact into his wide spread arms. Do you watch many rockets games? You ever see how the spurs have their "arms" when the guard James? They have there arms in tight with palms straight up and down. Lol great coach on how to guard james without fouling by the officials standards...

18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

You're comparing fans to teams.

It's not unreasonable for a fan to overreact, especially when you're starving for your team to actually prove itself. The teams themselves are chill and not overreacting, none including Houston in self-destruct mode.

That doesn't mean worried fans don't have extremely valid points.

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

I’m worried we’re going to see a lotta hack-a-Capela.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Need to be smarter with the ball. Green was throwing the ball all over the place and Paul was uncharacteristic bad at times as well. Some of his passes were not that good but the Thunder played physical so that might have effected it. Harden despite keeping us afloat for the game needs to be better as well.

Overall I’m not discouraged I think we will be fine.

#960 riko, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    ThatGuyJoe and deb4rockets like this.