1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/19/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am having the same feeling: a really good bench game for us, especially given the (poor) quality of their bench.

So Russ is better (still a lot of turnovers), but our bench shooters go off and we out-scheme them completely in the adjustment game.

Rockets win by 16 tonight. We see Russ start to really chirp, ugly like, at teammates in the fourth quarter.

joeson332 likes this.
  2. j@amc

j@amc Member

OKC is going to make Beverley shoot the ball on the drive. If he'll call his own number--and make that drive like he has in the past 2 weeks--they'll have to come up with a new game plan. I also expect to see them close out hard on Ariza and Anderson forcing them to have to create off the dribble. They both can do that in small doses, especially when the play is an easy play to read.

Keep the turnovers down and play adequate defense = comfortable win.

I think this game highlights the sizable skill gap that exists between us and OKC. I think a lot of people underestimate our talent. They think we are all Harden but the reality is we have a pretty well-rounded team. Yes, we could use some size and shot blocking, but our overall skill and teamwork more than compensate for not having bigger or more athletic players.

Roc Paint likes this.
  3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

30 point double double for Harden in a 15+ point win.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Wish i was at the game tonite too. I would if it was a weekend game. Back to real life and austin for me. If they make 2nd round and meet spurs then I will rep us in the short 1 hour drive to the at & t center

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

OKC needs easy transition points to score (like the Rockets needed last year). So yeah, keeping the "live ball turnovers" down is a big help. Harden only had 2 TOs in the last game. Westbrook 9 TOs.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I wish I was going tonight. I went to game 1 and had a blast. Everyone going tonight be LOUD.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

They leave it vague on purpose. That way they can go ahead and say "We were talking about his stats per game vs Houston. Not Wins. Because we all know wins don't mean anything when you can promote stats"

Cash Cam likes this.
  8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I actually took them seriously when they said wins matter when discussing the MVP. now, they are doing the exact opposite. if these were the standards harden would've won against curry.

9. rocketsmetalspd

IF the bench shows up the Rockets should get the W. I am hoping to see the D continue to improve over the playoffs. Bzdelik I believe will have the team playing better D in the playoffs and that will be the key to how far the team gets in the playoffs not the Offense.

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Sure, but I'm wondering what is meant that "Rockets won't be sharp" tonight. They weren't looking very good in game 1 either until later on.

11. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Well to play devils advocate as much as it hurts, in 2015 Curry's advance stats, efficiency, etc were much better than Hardens which made a stronger case for him. Harden should have gotten a bit more credit for carrying a crappy team to the 2 seed.

12. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Nervous as hell. Please, please win.

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yeah, if we lose this one by a point it completely negates the 31 point win from Sunday. People are expecting a blowout for some reason.

14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Ditto, would be a disaster if we lose this.

Two hours until tipoff...

vtjsr2 likes this.
  15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

kenny, kenny, kenny, kenny

/chuck

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm nervous as hell.

I get more butterflies before a Rockets' playoff game than I do meeting a girl for a first date.

I'm eyeing off my drinks to calm the nerves - but something inside me is telling me 8:30am is just too early..

vtjsr2, BigMaloe and JazzLakerHater like this.
  17. dlite316

dlite316 Member

BSPN!

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

interesting, wonder if OKC will still switch on everything after Harden torched Adams

TracywtFacy and BigMaloe like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, 'wins'! How cute.

Did he have a triple double in those games? That's all that matters.

20. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Secure homecourt. The series is supposed to start on Friday.