1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/16/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

If you saw Moneyball, the movie --

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'd love the Rockets to make a statement here and close the Thunder out quickly. Let's get the championship train rolling!!!

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

MVP if Russ to be booted out with a clean sweep. That would be the perfect scenario

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Dude

Lou and gordon are good players. Bobby brown is a borderline d leauger. I like him and think he has guts but we have a better chance to win with lou and gordon

Reeko likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Got em!

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

The one perk of living in Dallas, having the ability to drive to OKC for the playoff games. That crowd is crazy in regular season, can't wait to see how it is during the playoffs!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

With the Spurs going down faster then a hooker in a French w**** house I think the rockets are the second best in the west

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

Beast mode. Kick dat ass.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

This will be a "boring " 1st rd sweep!

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Kanter and Nene will get into it sometime this series. The Rockets shooting will really hurt the Thunder. WB may play possessed...but the Rockets really have too much fire power, and they have all have to go ice cold. I am willing to bet the Thunder shooters would have prolonged stretches of poor shooting more so than the Rockets shooters.

Think Harden plays undercontrol, but expect WB to have better series numbers... Rockets in 5.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Me and you both lol

12. JazzLakerHater

I'm feeling uneasy with this series. Last time I felt like this before a playoff series was with the Portland series...

Maybe it's because we've had the 3rd seed locked for like a month now, but I just don't like the way we've played in the last couple of weeks.

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Seeing this thread gave me the chills. I've been waiting so long for the playoffs this year. I feel like the anticipation has been much on the stronger side of the force this year. God I am so hyped for this year. LETS DO THIS BOYS!!! TIME TO ROCKET LAUNCH OKC UP THE BOOTY!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MY BODY IS READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol Kellerman picking OKC.

Tfor3 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Rockets are going to really turn it up on the....... defensive side of the ball.

I actually think there going to play some very aggressive in your face defense.

The type of guys we have on this team, we might actually perform even better on that end than I even think. Your allowed to play a more physical style of D in the playoffs and that favors guys like bev Gordon Ariza nene even harden.

The difference between this team and MDA plus Suns teams on defense is houston actually has real defensive first players in Ariza bev and to an extent Capela.

I really think Clint has done a lot better on the boards and help side defense. He still struggles with post d but hopefully it's nene that guards kanter more. I'd rather have Anderson on kanter of Clint at this point. Anderson atleast pushes Back and seems to be more comfortable guarding bigger post players for some reason.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He's a f*****.

BigMaloe, Chanmarr, ISOBall and 3 others like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Will Russ & OKC get the best of the Rockets?

Max: Ready for this? My upset special: Thunder over Rockets.

1)Russell Westbrook. He's aware the talk he's not MVP centers on the fact Harden won more games. Not even that many more games with a roster built perfectly for Harden and would be perfect for Westbrook. Nevermind that Kawhi has as many more wins to Harden as Harden has to Westbrook, also has crazy numbers & also plays defense. Nevermind all that. He knows he's being compared to Harden. He'll be on a mission. There's no greater force of nature. If someone can go to 11, Westbrook can.

2) Playoff basketball slows down. Not only do they not have answer for Kanter/Adams, OKC goes to glass better than Houston. Those offensive rebounds helped Westbrook in his MVP candidacy. I understand why Houston is favored (D'Antoni/3pt) but am picking Thunder to grind it out.

SA: Mike D'Antoni will not allow you to get into a grind it out style. They are going to put up 3s and push it up the floor. They'll force OKC to go small. You can take physicality out to some degree. Harden is exceptional at getting to the FT line. While no one can guard Westbrook, Beverley can be on my team any day of the week. They got guys who can hit shots. Westbrook will be sensational but will the other guys make buckets in pivotal moments? Roberson is a hazard. Oladipo can play but I don't believe he's the difference maker. Adams/Kanter can be big but Houston won't get lured into that. It comes down to Harden, surrounded by those shooters & 3 outnumbering 2.

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

He really doesnt make much effort in hiding his disdain for harden.

That dude is the worst talking head there is. I cringe when i hear him talk about politics and current events. He really is the typical east coast elitist "i think im way smarter than you" *******.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

So he said our roster is built perfectly but admits okc is way better at rebounding and says their team is better? Always shifting the narrative to take a dump on houston. Max kellerman is a complete tool

20. Daddy Long Legs

Such a cuck

rocketman84 likes this.