1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 3/21/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 20, 2021.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Our closing lineup’s 3PT shooting numbers before our final play -

House, Oladipo, Tate, Wood: 11 for 20, a blazing hot shooting percentage

John Wall: 1 for 6

Who takes the game winner for 3?

The guy who ended up going 1 for 7 on the night

D-rock, joshuaao, dragonwill and 2 others like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Yep saying out loud in a press conference didn’t help the perception that he has lost the team either. He really needs to reign in Wall

#622 riko, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    D-rock, DVauthrin and Cstyle42 like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am so tired of watching him Head down rubbing his head

Rocket River

4. jayland

jayland Member

Not even playing against the OKC C team/G League level squad can prevent us from tanking.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What if that is a good sign?

ElPigto likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

even if you need to attach 2 picks ... you just do it... we have plenty of picks.. trade his pathetic balhoginn ass 1000 miles outahere!

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's tough.

If you don't play Wall, his trade value goes down and you're essentially wasting him, inefficient or not.

If you do play Wall, he loses you games because absolutely sucks.

I'd imagine that, if Wall isn't gone by the deadline, we'll see less of Wall post-deadline.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  8. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I don't dislike Wall. He plays with heart, and in this game created turnovers and made some plays on offense. But his game is suited for a team that is already strong. It takes him a LOT of work to get a shot. Nothing comes easy. He sometimes makes acrobatic shots, but he relies heavily on calls. His jump shot is poor and he likes to shoot. A better team can get him to stop doing the bad things in his game, force him to defer more, and take advantage of his speed and defense. We're not that better team.

Right now, he's a bad fit on this team. We need our other guys to get touches. We can't have young players in the game for 10+ mins watching Wall iso possession after possession. There's no way to do a rebuild with him with him getting heavy minutes, his game won't allow for it.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

John wall in the clutch

[​IMG]

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Well put.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Reporter: What can you fix it
    Wood: I don't know
    -----somewhere in the annals of history - a Previous player: I don't know if we can fix it.

Rocket River

#632 Rocket River, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I agree with this. I think the same could be said about Oladipo which is why this team is so terrible. Both are iso players that does not get many easy shots, neither can they make the correct passes to set up others.

They are at a point in their career where they are only effective if they should be a x-factor on a contender when the stars rest and they bring some scoring spark and defense.

In today's NBA, iso players who cannot shoot or pass are getting faded out. They are just way too inefficient to run an offense based on making tough layups at the rim. Somehow we ended up with 2 of them.

HorryForThree and HP3 like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man I finally watched the last shot, the way everybody looked at Wall tells the story.

Oladipo did the most oladipo thing by not even acknowledging Wall and House looked like WTF man?

If OKC gets a top 5 pick after this.

SMDH.

And I kind of like Wall.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Our tank ride is a glorious one. Look for it to continue.

BTW, the Astros know there is no incentive to being last in spring training, right? I mean, their winning % is even lower than the Rockets.

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

22 Game Winning Streak to 22 Game Losing Streak.

I honestly didnt imagine this to be possible.

Thank You Yao, Tracy, Harden, Paul

Many more Players Lowry, Scola, Landry, Brooks, Dragic, Martin

ronclone and D-rock like this.
  17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

20 straight. LOL.

Longest losing streak since the 76ers lost 26 straight in '13-'14.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

There is no incentive to win in spring training....

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It really is time for people to stop saying we're tanking.

That is giving the team credit where it isn't due. They aren't tanking, they are just this woefully bad.

It speaks volumes about how this organisation is run, when it is clear as day what is about to happen to the only young talent they have on this roster, if management and the coaching staff continue getting on their knees in front of John Wall in the showers after the game.

Low and behold. You now have KPJ who is p*ssed off. Or... or are we still believing he's injured?

You now have the person who should be your focal point on offense p*ssed off.

All for what exactly? Oh so a bum who hasn't played in two years can pretend it's 2016 and thinks he was brought here to replicate the greatness of our last PG.

In a season which should have had no pressure whatsoever, game after game should have been trotting out the young guys, letting them get experience, bumps and bruises, but most of all the confidence. Has now turned into a season where the coach has lost the locker room. That is something which should have never happened this season.

But the way this organisation has gone about their business, they've made the unthinkable happen. Again.

How there can be anyone alive who still has anything positive to say about this team is just unfathomable to me right now.

Inb4 the Tilman fake accounts say I'm too negative and don't know what I'm talking about.

ronclone, Richie_Rich, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I missed the game and now all I want to do is see the final play!!

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.