1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 11/26/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 26, 2022.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol every game is more ammo for one side to bash the other in their quest to prove that they were right about a player and bashing silas. (im guilty of it also)

Everybody had a great game and it's good to b on a winning streak finally.

ico4498, Alpifan, cmoak1982 and 5 others like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Just for clarification on my previous post... this ain't slander, it's constructive criticism.

ClutchDaBear... I'll add to your criticism and say that Porter can continue to be the Rockets point guard, but there's such a thing as an off ball point guard. There's been a lot of success from guys like Ron Harper, Derek Fisher, Kenny Smith, Tony Parker... these guys brought the ball up, passed it to the playmaker and history was made. What's that? Is it something like 14 championships from guys that learn to bring the ball up and artfully get it into the hands of greatness?

Kevin Porter Jr. has all the skills needed to be far greater than the 4 guys I listed. The only thing he lacks is an understanding of the history of the game as it applies to him. Figuring out that less from him is more for the team... that's special.

sfayner, Tankeio, Alpifan and 9 others like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The game is slowing down for Green, Bari and Sengun. Green is starting to play like a REAL upcoming star. The playmaking was great, especially from Green.
    The guys are trusting each other on offense. That’s huge for a young team. We do need to get much better on defense.

comrade, Richie_Rich, aaquaa and 5 others like this.
  4. PeppermintCandy

IMO Silas seems to say his decision for the center position down the stretch depends on what defensive coverage he needs in there.
    He was specifically asked about Smith, and so he answered that Smith's advantage is that he can play different coverages, be both a "switcher" and a "dropper."

At least from what I read here, I don't think Silas says there's necessarily a defensive problem of playing Sengun at the end of games.

But it's all good.

#1084 PeppermintCandy, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    gfab-babyboi and hakeem94 like this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

Great WIN! No reason to get into details here, felt we could do it and we did it in spectacular fashion. I feel Denver is beatable, but there's no shame in losing, as long as we keep looking as we do now, we'll be fine. OKC's offense btw is much worse than ours.

DeBeards likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

A complaint I have kj Martin shouldn't b only given 15 mins after yesterday performance

aaquaa, cmoak1982 and saleem like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Just watched the reply on NBATV.

Let’s acknowledge that OKC is a bad team, but it was a good win anyway.

Sengun looking like a freak. A younger Jokic without the range. Was happy to see him playing perhaps the most minutes he’s ever played in an NBA game. Love that he plays hard defensively even if he’s still trying to put that together.

Jalen Green starting to look like the super star we hope he is.

KPJ did some good things but he’d be so much better if he wasn’t asked to run the floor. Let him catch and shoot or let him drive, but don’t ask him to facilitate. Still too much dribbling, still too many turnovers (although better than usual tonight).

Jabari continues to look special. You can see his confidence building. Saw him play more inside tonight and loved how he was being aggressive.

I know KJ had a quiet night, but he deserves more minutes. Not sure what he has to do to demonstrate that he’s ready.

EG had his shot going, so did Gary Bird. Eason continues to be one of the best natural offensive rebounders I’ve seen in a long time. But he’s also still raw, playing out of control sometimes. Still that motor won’t quit.

wanted to see Boban out there for the last minute with the crowd chanting his name.

8. j@amc

j@amc Member

Any of these guys would be a great role model for KPJ. Each of these guards was fantastic as an on-the-ball defender, never allowing their man to beat them straight up. Plus, they were all above-average team defenders.

KPJ combines errant, trying to do too much on offense with stretches of passive, clueless defense. I can live with some of the mistakes on offense, but the lack of effort and intensity on D is unnerving.

don grahamleone and saleem like this.
  9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

We can't be dropping wins to contenders like this

10. i3artow i3aller

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I watch that game and still feel like KPJ didn't play well. Too many times he failed to realize that other players were hot and needed the ball only for him to iso the rest of the guys out of a play. I understand he isn't going to be perfect, but he is still taking the same shots he has been regularly missing. This team won't be a real playoff contender until his usage is a quarter of what it currently is. Catch and shoot version of KPJ. Yes please.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great win by the Rockets.

Good to see the team coming together and sharing the wealth.

GO Rockets!

DD

hlmbasketball likes this.
  13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You dont want him to EVER shoot? Even CP3 shoot.

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Good post.....TEAM!

DaDakota likes this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he had 10 assist?

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand why people think Silas is trying to sabotage himself. Sengun is good but he is better playing with the 2nd unit to keep an offensive flow. Since Nix is below average, you need someone to playmake.

The 1st unit has enough scoring and playmaking with Green, Jabari and KPJ.

It balances out the roster.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cp3 has beaten lebron(goat) and ad in playoffs playing on one hand and not shooting at all
    a lot of players/teams would be better off not shooting ever...

18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’m not sure about this, but it looked like the coaches asked Boban if he wanted to go in for that last minute and he shook his head no. I’m certain the camera caught them talking to him and him saying no to something, but of course no idea what the actual conversation was.

Aruba77 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i need rockets to hire you and you talk to them all players and coaching staff on a daily basis..

not kidding really

Ankara1923 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

good job silas mother!
    now if only you didnt marry that loser, keeper of the worst losing record in NBA history....everything would be right in the world and there wouldn't be any need for you in your old age to follow his son around protecting him from 100% warranted criticism....