1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 10/28/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Your shtick of calling people who disagree with you "not real Rocket fans" is getting tiresome.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

its fact though we are a driving and 3 point shooting team

we have 2 of the best and most effective in the league in driving and producing points off drives

for every three taken there 1.5 times drives

those are facts not opinion

why you get so triggered with those facts? LOL

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm not triggered by facts. I'm annoyed by you labeling anyone who you disagree with as lesser fans. Honestly I'm about to follow my advice and ignore you which is sad because you are only insufferable in the GARM and not in other subforums.

4. vlaurelio

LOL yeah go ahead and ignore and hide from the clear absolute facts i presented

Harden, for a whole season last year, when he doesn't have the ball, hustles and puts in as much effort or even more as your heroes Lebron, Curry, KD, and Kawhi

5. vlaurelio

LOL double LOF exposed

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I didn't watch the game .. did cp3 and harden ever embrace?

7. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I heard they were making out and stuff it was weird

8. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

corn poster

BigShasta likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

Westbrook continues his energetic play and he just plays with a pace that I love. He's not just fast breaks and dunks, he's very quick with the ball even in half court sets, has great vision, can throw some crisp passes and just makes quick decisions. The quick decisions is what separates him from Harden in terms of being a better facilitator and team PG. Harden can get you the ball, but that can take a while and he just dribbles to no end. Westbrook dribbles, surveys, tries to get in and just go and boom: passes it off.

Harden might have gotten 40, but his 3pt shooting will come, so I really don't understand again why he thinks it's necessary to shoot that many. As a team we've been disastrous and while I get we will be better, I really don't get with MDA's small ball and our strategy of shooting threes why we didn't get a Troy Daniels or another guy just to shoot a few when we need a bucket. Offensively I'm again not too worried, we look solid enough with our duo to get even better, but defensively and on the boards we have to commit. That starts with Harden and I still see way too many lazy rotations, ball watching and just letting guys get rebounds and threes on him. Will never accept that, I don't care if he averages 40PPG!

My biggest fear has come true already: Tyson Chandler will not be in the rotation for much longer and we're doubling down on small ball. This is not going to end well.

10. Caprah

Caprah Member

fchowder is a notorious YOF/Lin fan troll who every season comes here to play the village idiot role and warn us how evil harden is. there is him and another another Lin troll in ” cheke”

don grahamleone and vlaurelio like this.
  11. vlaurelio

LOL wut? shooters need to keep on shooting to get their rhythm/shot back
    and he needs to threat of shooting so opponents body up and end up fouling him or he can drive past them
    common sense...

harden was 3 of 13 while everyone not named tucker were like 2 of 23

larsv8 likes this.
  12. Caprah

Caprah Member

And it was harden who set the tone in the 3rd and the fourth quarter on defense and offense when the Rockets out scored them by 21. But yeah Harden is the devil ..This is just downright farcically bad evaluation ..Harden for much of the game was being sent on Adams in the second half and every time he was sent on a defensive assignment on the perimeter he was guarding Paul where he caused a errant pass or did a good job.Missed defensive rotations on who?.another LOF alert.

If you are going to talk out of your rear end and go by the scoreboard or stat box then try again atleast be original? You didn’t even watch the game.

#952 Caprah, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Spalding has been cut.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Russ is a better overall player to Harden in my opinion.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure how I feel about these last two games other than the fact that I'm so glad we won. There was a whole lot of ugly, but then again, some exciting moments.

What I do like so far:

1) Russ's hustle, rebounding, assists, and all the speed & energy he brings
    2) Tucker's 3 PT shooting
    3) Harden making 46 of his 48 free throws

It has been hard to stomach James and Gordon throwing 56 bricks in 3 games, but it can only get better. As for everyone else on the team, well they just seem unimpressive to me so far.

16. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Austin Rivers seems to be a bonafide 6th man this year. He gets buckets when they’re needed.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Don't know how, and it's early but the bench has got to find its identity. Either that, or Morey may need to improve it by the trading deadline. I'm thinking about the Clippers bench here, and how we need to match up with them. Right now, there is not even competition. Those guys would kill us.

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

CP throwing shades at Harden

19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Tyson chandler is here for when the lakers go big, we need him!

20. vlaurelio

good thing no kids involved