1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/5/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Finally back from the game. Atmosphere was great even tho the lower bowl didn't get filled till the second qtr. Nene must've hopped in the time machine because he was throwing everything down. Towards the end of the game I got such a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach I almost threw up, I think the beer and Texas cheesesteak is to blame as well. It sucks we gave the lead up but we did overcome the deficit that happened in the first quarter. Westbrook was just hitting tonight and it didn't take him 60 shots to do it, but guess what we still got the win.
    Go Rockets and I'll be back for Phoenix next month!

2. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

This game was a step forward for beard. He could have hoisted 30 shots to match WB but stuck to his game. The pass at the end was brilliant execution. It's easy to get lost in the narrative bw WB and Harden but the outcome is the true statement.

TNT was very telling in their effort to support WBs stats. I was waiting for the graphics for Harden's assist numbers that didn't come until well into the fourth. Hold the course and all will be clear.

Also, different game with Capela and a healthy Bev.

3. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Yeah this game had that familiar feel to it. This team continues to surprise and pull out the games that I'm so used to dropping.

hakeem94 and DudeWah like this.
  4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It happens when we are undersized. They rebound and get a lot of second chance buckets because of it.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Overall, OKC with WB are an above average WC team but they got strong players on D.

They play a hard nosed game (inside presence) which can give us problems but they do not have the fire power.

They got not enough shooters and no Durant.

Oladipo is the only guy next to WB that can get to 15+ ppg.

#1545 daywalker02, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  6. WestendMassive

Hmm I wonder who ESPN likes more out of Westbrook and Harden?

[​IMG]

Cashmoney likes this.
  7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This hasn't happened at all. At least not that I see.

Anyway, this was a good win and a fun playoff atmosphere. Concerned about Bev's wrist and boyyyy do we need Clint back, but still -- good times.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Meh, Westbrick played the game of his life tonight but he actually validated all of my suspicions regarding OKC. First of all Westbrick shot lights out, he should really be shooting these percentages ALL THE TIME to justify his usage rate. All these crap losses against low tier teams are his fault, maybe if he stopped jacking so much at a low percentage his team will get more Ws. Secondly, if OKC was serious about winning and not just trumping up Westbrick as the MVP they should make him SG and have Oladipo or somebody else as the playmaking pg. Playmaking is not just in Westbrick's DNA all of his "assists" are just desperation passes when he is 100% sure he won't be able to make the shot. This game showed the rest of OKC's roster has quality talent, the problem is Mr. Westbrick has been hogging all the shots and bringing the quality of team play down all this time. How deadly would Adams be with Harden feeding him on PnR rather than Westbricks' desperation passes? C'mon it's not even close, it's like Michael Phelps getting all the training in the US whereas if he were born in North Korea and getting very little support and training from the near bankrupt NK gov't.

Gordon scored 22 pts this game. If MDA suddenly became a Gordon fanatic and made him the pg and the center of the offense, Gordon will easily average 40 pts a game and probably steal MVP from everyone's noses. Rox will totally lose all their winnable games, but Gordon will put up very similar numbers to Westbrick..he'll probably even eclipse the dude Gordon also gets lots of rebs and assists will come from him always dominating the ball. Subtract Harden from Houston and make Gordon take 90% of the shots, that's basically OKC this season.

I don't know who will win MVP but I'm pretty sure for all the talk he's been getting Westbrick won't win the MVP, his team has been having an easy schedule and now they're gonna get stomped by other teams with better team play. Totally won't be surprised if OKC ends up in the lottery again, you can't win when one's ego is bigger than the rest of the team combined.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

One thing I'd like D'Antoni to do is make substitutions in the flow of the game as opposed to sticking to his allotted pattern (not bashing at all since he's done a better than incredible job).

When Gordon came out in the second quarter he was on fire, and Ariza came in for him.

There was honestly no reason for Ariza to come in for those extra couple of minutes considering OKC don't have a big wing that they need Ariza's defense for.

Ariza for the vast majority of this game was stuck on the sideline watching the OKC offense unfold - in this instance with a hot Eric Gordon - I'd much prefer to see him stay in the game and get the wide open looks that Harden got Ariza.

rlmjdime and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Chamillionaire

Can we not get Bogut?

I'm sure at this point, he could probably be had for our poo poo platter and a future 2nd.

#1550 Chamillionaire, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Outstanding game from Mr. Hilario, might be his best game

rlmjdime, Nook and Balldon'tlie like this.
  12. Chamillionaire

I'm sure he understands the concept of going with the guy who's playing well.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. riko

riko Member

This homie is just trippin now

macho GRANDE likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

What you talking about? these two weren't even guarding eachother man you are just trolling

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

anyone else a bit concerned about harden going in full passing mode those last 5 min? and when he got open he took so long ot shoot that he got blocked.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow! you are not a lazy thinker...thank you very much Sir!

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he found guys like ariza and EG for wide open looks. if those shots had gone in, everyone would be praising him for sharing. i'm fine with that since it's a lot better than him dribbling off his foot with mass turnovers in the last few minutes. or holding the ball for 23sec to launch an impossible 3

waytookrzy079 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well spotted! a huge blunder by westbrooke

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

couldnt say it better myself..i absolutely liked that he done that and it also shows hes working on his game

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but he should of make the shot in the last sec so that by the time ball bounces of the rim and someone rebounds it and calls TO additional couple of seconds expire....players do it all the time ...rockets would still get a shot but a lot worse shot because only 1 or 2 sec would left

Tha_Dude likes this.